*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,575 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
OldArmy71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Manu goes on his own personal 8-0 run. Greatness.
jteagle
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Manu goes on his own personal 8-0 run. Greatness.
It was pretty awesome!
MookieBlaylock
AG
Manu is so Damn good

jteagle
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Manu is so Damn good

It's sad because he can't do it every night like he used but he has had quite a few of those moments this year. As much as I hate to say it, I think this might be a good year to hang it up. I think he has had enough highlight moments this year to make it a meaningful ending.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Derrick White has been great in the G League playoffs. The kid can score. The Spurs might as well call him up and give him minutes. He can at least hit open jumpers, something the rest of our team struggles with. They have nothing to lose.
jteagle
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Manu is so Damn good

Ag Natural
AG
Rumor is the Spurs are trading a washing machine to the Amigos for Ed Monix. He still got game
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Manu is so Damn good

It's sad because he can't do it every night like he used but he has had quite a few of those moments this year. As much as I hate to say it, I think this might be a good year to hang it up. I think he has had enough highlight moments this year to make it a meaningful ending.

Manu had kind of slump in March but he's really been playing well lately. It's so great to see.

If anything Parker looks like the player who should hang them up. He just doesn't have it anymore. And I get he's coming off of a big injury but he didn't play well last season either. The playoffs last year before he went down were an abberation.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

jteagle said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Manu is so Damn good

Manu had kind of slump in March but he's really been playing well lately. It's so great to see.

If anything Parker looks like the player who should hang them up. He just doesn't have it anymore. And I get he's coming off of a big injury but he didn't play well last season either. The playoffs last year before he went down were an abberation.
One reason Manu had a slump in March was because of the bruised sternum. At 40 it is more difficult to overcome injuries and if he is trying to protect himself then he isn't playing his game.

Tony has also had some games this year where he was brilliant but lately we only see glimpses of his former self. I'm not sure he is adjusting very well to coming off the bench.
flashplayer
AG
I think Tony still has good years left in him. Give him some additional time to get used to his body. He won't be burning by people anymore, but he can still be crafty especially with the pass and running the pick and roll.

Pop needs to show him John Stockton film. LMA is his Malone. Keep practicing long / midrange wide open jumpers.
FTAG 2000
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Derrick White has been great in the G League playoffs. The kid can score. The Spurs might as well call him up and give him minutes. He can at least hit open jumpers, something the rest of our team struggles with. They have nothing to lose.
Unfortunately Pop's giving him the typical Pop rookie treatment.

Would love to see him on the roster for the playoffs (and used)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So do we actually think Kawhi comes back for playoffs?
Enzo The Baker
AG
I think there's 0% chance he's coming back. It would take him a few weeks just to get his wind back. The playoffs start this weekend.

Plus the team would also have to adjust to him being back in the lineup. They are better off just playing without him, especially if he really is 'injured'.
Guitarsoup
AG
It is amazing that 3 losses separate the #3 seed and the #9 team.
Chipotlemonger
AG
No, I don't think anyone believes that anymore.
jteagle
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

At this point I would say it is doubtful and I'm not sure how much it is going to help if he does.
jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Yep, it's crazy. Spurs just need to take care of business against the Kings tonight which I think they will.
Mike Elko
AG
jteagle said:

Guitarsoup said:

Yep, it's crazy. Spurs just need to take care of business against the Kings tonight which I think they will.
I hope you're right, but see Clippers/Lakers last week. And countless others this season, for that matter.
flashplayer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No. He'd have returned in February if he had any intention of playing.

I'm mostly curious if he will sign the offer sheet coming his way. If so, the Spurs window for improving the team is between now and Feb 2019, cause their cap will be sunk with his super max and LMAs contract on the books for multiple years.
Ag Natural
AG
The Kawhi situation is confusing.

On one hand, it's a player widely regarded as one of hardest working, humble, and team-first guys there is. He has sat out this whole season even though the team doctors cleared him months ago. He either feels that the team doctors don't know what they are doing, or the team just wants him to play regardless of his health, or he's just a hypochondriac all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, the Spurs have ALWAYS put long term player health over everything. They are widely regarded as player-first, player-friendly, and innovative in sports medicine and player usage. They prolong careers. They've had two recent players, Duncan and Manu, play productively well into their second decade. Tony Parker just made it back from a career ending injury to be decent.

So you have a player who is either sitting out because he thinks the team is wrong and he really isn't right... OR.. you have a player sitting out because he doesn't want to play. None of it fits with the rep of either side. I can totally understand the team being upset because he's their best player and this season could have been great. Manu must be pissed. A great year from LMA wasted and Gay's comeback year wasted. We are all assuming they will offer him whatever to keep him. But what if they get cold feet now? The guy just missed a whole year with a mysterious injury OR he just decided to tank your season. Either way it's making my head hurt.
Ulrich
I was at the game Saturday and two things really jumped out. First, Pau kills us on defense. He hangs back so far on the pick and roll that it's just a 2 on 1. Second, opposing guards are not worried about the Parker blow-by at all. 5 years ago no one would have considered playing him tight, but now they do and it worked. He still has a place on the court, but I'm a lot less confident that he could start effectively than I used to be.

The starting lineup of Murray, Mills, Anderson, Aldridge, and Gasol has no elite three point shooters and only one quick and confident three point shooter. They also have two minus defenders and no elite defenders. Aldridge is individually brilliant offensively, but otherwise it's a very flawed lineup.

That said... the Spurs are now 11-0 when I'm in the building, so they must be doing something right. Manu was balling. Very loud arena in the fourth quarter.
jteagle
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

jteagle said:

Guitarsoup said:

I hope you're right, but see Clippers/Lakers last week. And countless others this season, for that matter.
It's at home though. They are a night and day different team home vs road this year. Another difference between this year and years past.
flashplayer
AG
Spurs brought their road team for the 1st quarter
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For ****'s sake.
Guitarsoup
AG
Can't win the lottery if you make the playoffs.

Mike Elko
AG
Win or lose, the fact that we're not up by 20 given the opponent and what's on the line's a joke.
Enzo The Baker
AG
It's why they need to lose these last games to get the 8th seed. End this season ASAP.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GINOBILIIIII
Mike Elko
AG
Immediately after, we start dominating.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Forbes played great on both ends tonight. Gay needs more minutes, too.
Enzo The Baker
AG
If the Spurs beat the Pelicans on Wednesday, they can at least grab the 5th spot, maybe even the 4th depending on what Utah does the last two games.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Forbes played great on both ends tonight. Gay needs more minutes, too.
Agreed!
Sports-Ag
AG
Spurs are in the playoffs. It took the 81st game for the them clinch it but they are in.

Just wouldn't be Fiesta season in San Antonio without the Spurs in the playoffs.
Ag Natural
AG
21 straight beetches.
jteagle
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

GINOBILIIIII

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.