*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

293,818 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rsf0626 said:

Alot of y'all forgot he's from LA. Cant fault him for wanting to play for his hometown team
Shaq is from S.A. Pretty sure he wouldn't give up 70 million to play any where

jteagle
AG
This is what drives me crazy. I have always thought that Kawhi is just listening to the wrong people right now.

West Texan
AG
jteagle said:

This is what drives me crazy. I have always thought that Kawhi is just listening to the wrong people right now.

This is why you don't have family members as your manager. If Kawhi was being yanked around by some other agent/manager/whoever he'd fire them and move on. A lot tougher to do to family with that emotional attachment.
aggie_fan13
AG
To be fair I don't think shaq liked being in SA in high school. He seemed to get bullied quite a bit
HossAg
AG
azulAg said:

**** ur city you bandwagon Houston ****s

You have serious issues, man.
Guitarsoup
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

rsf0626 said:

Alot of y'all forgot he's from LA. Cant fault him for wanting to play for his hometown team
Shaq is from S.A. Pretty sure he wouldn't give up 70 million to play any where

He lived in San Antonio for like a year.
aggie_fan13
AG
You would come on to this thread
Sports-Ag
AG
jteagle said:

In the end Kawhi is a grown man and can tell his camp to back off.
Sports-Ag
AG
aggieactor01 said:

FWIW Kawhi's sister is reposting this tweet on his fan page instagram:

She's not his Uncle but you'd think maybe she knows. She runs his fan page and a couple other things for him.

What a mess.

Not seeing this on his sister's Instagram page. Do see a Kawhi instagram page that's not his or his sister of Jabari Young's tweet that he wants to leave the Spurs. Damn social media!
s13fenton
All of us could wish for that. I like to think that sports karma evens out and that the spurs being ass means A&M football will be contenders for the next 5 years.
s13fenton
\_()_/

Beat case we get the Celtics trade I was referencing earlier.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Quote:

Teams with high draft picks might want to enter the sweepstakes because of how many peak years he has left. The Kings may put the no. 2 pick in this year's draft on the table, per USA Today's Sam Amick. Several league sources told me they anticipate Suns general manager Ryan McDonough to probe a Leonard deal using the no. 1 pick. Phoenix explored Irving trades last summer but was reluctant to deal Josh Jackson, whom they selected with the fourth overall pick. Leonard is better than Irving, so perhaps it's time for the Suns to strike now, when they're armed with assets and an opportunity to trade for a transcendent player. There's also a sense from league sources that the Suns presumed selection of Arizona big man Deandre Ayton at no. 1 isn't a guarantee because of the outside possibility that they'll get a good enough deal to trade down or out of the draft entirely. Now that Leonard reportedly wants out, anything is possible.

From the ringer.
Enzo The Baker
AG
This shows how re-signing Aldridge last year was so important. It should at least buy the Spurs time for some more playoff appearances until Pop retires.

It still feels like it's a dream. Damn.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Pendragon12
AG
jteagle said:

It's never made sense how much this "wants a big market" talk has gone on with who Kawhi is. The guy is an introvert. He seems to hate interviews. He's not on social media much at all. Why the hell would he want to go into the circus that is the LA media? Especially on that team as it's currently constructed (they have talent, but they still aren't cracking the playoffs out west anytime soon) with that coach.

It's pretty clear to me that there is heavy influence from someone not Kawhi. He may still want out after the whole quad injury thing. But it still feels like more of an excuse than the sole reason for him to want a trade.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea. He definitely is using the injury and what happened because of it as an excuse. Makes sense. Would explain why he couldn't be with his team during the playoffs. He already knew he wanted out.
Mike Elko
AG
Frustrating situation. There's no guarantee he'll ever be the player he was before the GSW series, especially if he needed an entire year to recover from a measly quad injury. If he wants out, adios. Get as much as you can in return and let him wallow in Charlotte or New Jersey. He and his camp are coming off ass whiny b******.
Enzo The Baker
AG
The media didn't do us any favors either. They absolutely played a part in making the rift bigger.

I might hate this most of all because it proves Jalen Rose right.
TyHolden
AG
he's injured.
he wants a max deal.
spurs don't want to take that risk.
k's camp went social to try and force the issue.
this is probably what both sides want.
he gone.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I don't think so man. I really think he made this decision in the season. I really think the Spurs would offer him the Max.
TyHolden
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I don't think so man. I really think he made this decision in the season. I really think the Spurs would offer him the Max.
then why not play and let everybody know you're fine? his stock dropped because he didn't play. if he's not hurt, why would you want a player that quit on his team? either way, it did not help him.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I don't think it affected his stock at all. The teams that he'd be interested in still want him badly. The only thing that's going to limit the trade offers will be the duration of his contract and nothing else. His playing or not wouldn't have mattered IMO.
TyHolden
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I don't think it affected his stock at all.
it did with the spurs. i don't blame him for wanting to team up with bron in la though. he's from cali and his brand should sky rocket if they win a couple.
TyHolden
AG
i don't see pop getting along with this guy....

Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

The media didn't do us any favors either. They absolutely played a part in making the rift bigger.

I might hate this most of all because it proves Jalen Rose right.

Technically, Rose claimed that Kawhi wanted to leave because SA couldn't attract any other All NBA players. On that point he's obviously dead wrong... since you know.. Lamarcus.
saltydog13
AG
I trust the spurs front office to do whatever is best for the team
Guitarsoup
AG
My #1 trade would be to Boston for Tatum, Rozier, Morris, filler and the Sacramento 2019 pick.

LA for Ingram, Kuzma, Deng and picks could work except it creates the ability for LA to bring in Kawhi, Bron, and George.

I've heard Sacramento #2 and Bogdan Bogdanovic and the Spurs take Luka. Maybe we could force CauleyStein in to play C.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

My #1 trade would be to Boston for Tatum, Rozier, Morris, filler and the Sacramento 2019 pick.

LA for Ingram, Kuzma, Deng and picks could work except it creates the ability for LA to bring in Kawhi, Bron, and George.

I've heard Sacramento #2 and Bogdan Bogdanovic and the Spurs take Luka. Maybe we could force CauleyStein in to play C.

One of my favorites I've seen (although I don't see this happening): Spurs, Cavs, Grizz

Spurs get George Hill, pick #4, and pick #8

Cavs get Kawhi and Chandler Parsons

Memphis gets Kevin Love

Money works out, we get two top ten picks, Cleveland has something to offer Lebron to stay, and Memphis unloads Parsons awful contract and get someone to pair next to Conley and Gasol.
AG@RICE
AG
As a fan of a division rival, I'd love for yall to take the LA pu pu platter.
West Texan
AG
AG@RICE said:

As a fan of a division rival, I'd love for yall to take the LA pu pu platter.

I really don't see any way Pop and RC do that. No high picks to offer, Ingram is ok but not nearly as enticing as other young prospects, Lonzo is a circus, Kuzma is ok. Nothing spectacular without getting a third team involved.
Guitarsoup
AG
Yeah, I would want to get something else involved and unload Patty's terrible contract at the very minimum.
ATM9000
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

One of my favorites I've seen (although I don't see this happening): Spurs, Cavs, Grizz

Memphis gets Kevin Love

Money works out, we get two top ten picks, Cleveland has something to offer Lebron to stay, and Memphis unloads Parsons awful contract and get someone to pair next to Conley and Gasol.

The Cavs absorb a worse contract, lose Love and give up 8 to get a 1 year Kawhi rental with little cap relief... no way in hell they do that.
West Texan
AG
ATM9000 said:

West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

Memphis gets Kevin Love

The Cavs absorb a worse contract, lose Love and give up 8 to get a 1 year Kawhi rental with little cap relief... no way in hell they do that.

I already said that I don't think this happens. For the sake of playing devils advocate... OKC gave up Oladipo for a one year rental of Paul George in the hope that they could convince him to stay. If the cavs thought that getting Kawhi would convince Lebron to stay, and perhaps playing with Lebron could convince Kawhi to sign an extension.
Guitarsoup
AG
Cavs are gonna trade for picks and young assets to tank through the draft like they did to get Kyrie.
Pumpkinhead
AG
DSAg44 said:

i don't see pop getting along with this guy....

If the reports are true that those close to Pop expect him to coach only 1-2 more seasons, then it does seem like his personal preference would be to not have to deal with a major circus show as he nears retirement. Though unfortunately with Kawhi that is now kind of what he has been getting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.