*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,097 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If there are three teams he is willing to go to and that can offer a decent package, we could get out of this in ok shape.

If it's two, we're in a lot of trouble.

If it's 1, or if it's 2 but LeBron has also limited his options to the same two, we're going to be in a world of hurt.
saltydog13
AG
Is Kawhi ever going to say anything or is it just gonna be "reports" coming out and then he's just gone?
West Texan
AG
Well, this was a ****ty thing to come back to.
LawHall88
AG
He's never been Mr. Talkative. Don't expect that to change now.
saltydog13
AG
Yeah true. Wishful thinking I guess
rsf0626
Alot of y'all forgot he's from LA. Cant fault him for wanting to play for his hometown team
Malcolm52
AG
Its one report guys. No need bash Kawhi yet. Trust in RC and Pop and let's see how things play out. Yes he very well may be gone but who knows. If we do move him, we will be smart about it.
saltydog13
AG
By turning around and biting the hand the fed him by developing his game and delivering 2 finals appearances with 1 win and a finals mvp?

I just don't see the spurs ever working with the lakers. Also, has Pop even met with Kawhi yet?
West Texan
AG
Malcolm52 said:

Its one report guys. No need bash Kawhi yet. Trust in RC and Pop and let's see how things play out. Yes he very well may be gone but who knows. If we do move him, we will be smart about it.

It's the talking point on ESPN right now. More than just one source.
LawHall88
AG
saltydog13 said:

By turning around and biting the hand the fed him by developing his game and delivering 2 finals appearances with 1 win and a finals mvp?

I just don't see the spurs ever working with the lakers. Also, has Pop even met with Kawhi yet?
Pride be damned, they need to take the best deal they can get, Lakers or not. All things equal, I'm sure they would rather send him to the Eastern Conference, but if Kawhi makes it clear it's LA or bust...
Pumpkinhead
AG

Just as Kyrie Irving influenced where the Cavs traded him, such as telling teams like the Suns that there was no way he was going to stay there longer than 1 year, Leonard will try to heavily influence the trade options for the Spurs.

Pumpkinhead
AG
Pendragon12 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

So WTF was the other tweet about?!
saltydog13
AG
His "camp" seems to always be the center of any **** that's started
FTAG 2000
AG
Someone should kick his uncle in the junk. Repeatedly.
West Texan
AG
Biggest issue with dealing with the lakers is that they don't have a top pick. There are some guys at the top of the draft that seem like they could be the center of a rebuild, but the lakers have #25. None of Ingram, Ball, or Kuzma are that interesting to me without also being able to move way up.
claym711
AG
What would the spurs want from the lakers? They would have to bring a 3rd team no doubt.
FTAG 2000
AG
claym711 said:

What would the spurs want from the lakers? They would have to bring a 3rd team no doubt.

Not a Pop damn thing.

As if the Spurs having just gone through this with Kawhi's uncle would want the Ball circus.
aggieactor01
AG
FWIW Kawhi's sister is reposting this tweet on his fan page instagram:

She's not his Uncle but you'd think maybe she knows. She runs his fan page and a couple other things for him.

What a mess.
Pendragon12
AG
Could be the camp is doing their own thing. Could be this was, as another poster said, pressure to offer the super max.

Either way it's dysfunctional and all in all not good.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Take it for what it's worth, but ESPN reported that Leonard isn't concerned with the Supermax.
Sports-Ag
AG
Jeanie Buss tweet yesterday and she was in New York.

Enzo The Baker
AG
It's probably just some sort of feminist thing.
Pendragon12
AG
He may not be. But his "group" might be. And they are clearly holding some part of the reins right now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm done listening to these ****ing tweets.
Sports-Ag
AG
Thinking the same thing with his group which is his uncle and agent.
aggie_fan13
AG
**** ur city you bandwagon Houston ****s
Enzo The Baker
AG
Express news said that the trade request was made to Spurs team officials. Whether that came from him or not is unclear.
s13fenton
I wonder if there is any possibility that SA could make a deal with Boston considering they were interested at the trade deadline. Obviously Kawhi would have to commit to them long term before a deal could be done, but I saw something where the Celtics potentially would be willing to give up Rozier, Brown, and the SAC '19 pick for Kawhi. Sending him East while also getting some nice young pieces and a future top five pick would be a dream scenario in this situation.
04.arch.ag
AG
That's not enough for a top 5 player. Maybe Hayward/brown/rozier and a pick. Or an Irving package since rozier filled in fine with Kyrie out

Or for the lakers it has to be all three Ingram,ball,Kuzma, and get a third team with a top 5 pick to take ball or kuzma and a young pice from the spurs. Kuzma and Ingram and a top 5 going to SA.
Deputy Travis Junior
UMichAg said:

I love Kawhi,but this is absolute bulls-t. He brought the situation upon himself by not communicating with the Spurs. BS that he's blaming the Spurs.

Hopefully they trade him to somewhere other than LA (so he's not rewarded for his antics) and get some good future pieces back
I can't imagine anybody's taking his complaints seriously. The Spurs have been leading the pack for a decade when it comes to injury prevention and injury rehab. This notion that the Spurs tried to rush him back is laughable. That's just not how they operate, especially with a franchise player whose future health is so critical to their contention ability.

Pretty crappy of Kawhi. He just decided halfway through the season that he didn't want to play, so he took the rest of the year off while continuing to cash Spurs paychecks.
s13fenton
Nothing will ever be enough for a top 5 player.
Aggie Jurist
AG
His "hanger on" uncle is trying to make himself rich. Sad to see.
Guitarsoup
AG
Wonder if we could get Jeff Hornecek and Andrew Lang
Pendragon12
AG
Of course not. But Rozier, who could be a spark PG off the bench with shooting range, and Brown, a young athletic wing that has shown promise, and a first round pick is pretty damn good. It's better than what Cleveland got for Kyrie. You can't be too picky when it comes to trying to maximize value for a top 5 player who wants to leave your franchise.
West Texan
AG
Well, with Kawhi on the market our potential draft targets could be completely different from what they previously were. If I were RC and Pop, any deal for Kawhi needs to include a top 5 pick, preferably in this draft. Memphis is looking to unload salary and is willing to part with their #4 pick to do so (allegedly). Maybe some kind of 3 team deal could be worked out and we could get that pick, where I'd love for Luka Doncic to end up in silver and black.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.