*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,593 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Complete BS that players have power to dictate where they want to go while they are under contract with another team.

Some rumors are saying New York, others LAL.
Pendragon12
AG
Does he have a no trade clause or veto trade power?

Because if he doesn't, he can't really dictate anything.

Edit - guess he kinda can. If he's vocal about not signing an extension with any team but the lakers, he tanks his value.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea. He has complete leverage. Maybe if he had two more years like Kyrie did, we would have more options.

Honestly none of the Laker's players do anything for me.

I'd rather keep Kawhi for another year. Hope to repair the relationship, or worse case, bench him for the year and make him waste a year of his prime.
beerad12man
AG
It sucks, but what are you realistically going to do? You're talking about something that is in high demand with limited supply. Usually the limited supply can dictate the terms.
aggie_fan13
AG
I cannot ****ing believe this ****,holy ****
Enzo The Baker
AG
So do we want to trade him to the Lakers for some players that might be come all stars some day? or do we trade him to the clips for a vet and their 12 and 13 picks to rebuild?
Ag Natural
AG
He just left $60 million on the table. If I'm the Spurs now I just keep him until the trade deadline and then unload to some desperate team with a GM about to be fired.
aggie_fan13
AG
Looks like we are looking at a new era of Spurs basketball. Time to rebuild completely
Guitarsoup
AG
Hello darkness my old friend
BBQ4Me
AG
I love Kawhi,but this is absolute bulls-t. He brought the situation upon himself by not communicating with the Spurs. BS that he's blaming the Spurs.

Hopefully they trade him to somewhere other than LA (so he's not rewarded for his antics) and get some good future pieces back
aggie_fan13
AG
I hope POP ****s him over big time , RC goin to work now
Ag Natural
AG
If he's uncomfortable now, wait until he has to deal with the LA media and Lavar Ball.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I blame the POS uncle that got in his ear. **** him and kawhi.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag Natural said:

If he's uncomfortable now, wait until he has to deal with the LA media and Lavar Ball.
Do you think SA would take Ball in a trade?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Pendragon12
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

So WTF was the other tweet about?!
Guitarsoup
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag Natural said:

No
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag Natural said:

if it also includes Kouzma and Ingram and picks....then maybe
Farmer1906
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Farmer1906 said:

Ag Natural said:

if it also includes Kouzma and Ingram and picks....then maybe

I doubt they'll get something that rich, but obviously it wouldn't be just Ball. He'd be part of a package.

I'm just dropping in since this is the biggest news in the NBA. Sorry, yall have to deal with this. Never fun for a franchise to lose its best player.
Enzo The Baker
AG
If RC thinks he can hit a home run in this year's draft, I almost think we should trade for LAC's picks and do some package with our 1st rounder to move up in the draft. I'd much rather do that than get anyone off of the Laker's roster.
dave99ag
AG
If he goes to the Lakers, I want AC just so we can have a Manu replacement when he hangs it up.
BlackLab
AG
What if this is their bluff to get SA to offer super max? Maybe Spurs weren't going to go all in after all.
MookieBlaylock
AG
We could have carusso for a bag of peanuts

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
saltydog13
AG
LawHall88
AG
azulAg said:

Looks like we are looking at a new era of Spurs basketball. Time to rebuild completely
That's probably right. We Spurs fans are spoiled - 20+ straight playoff appearances, 5 championships. We are overdue for a down cycle. Need to get real value for Kawhi and take our lumps for a couple years while we rebuild the roster.
AG
Trade KL and whomever (Pau and/or Patty) to Sacramento for the #2 and several of their young prospects. Pick Doncic.
superunknown
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

If RC thinks he can hit a home run in this year's draft, I almost think we should trade for LAC's picks and do some package with our 1st rounder to move up in the draft. I'd much rather do that than get anyone off of the Laker's roster.

Tobias harris (16.8m) or Deandre jordan (22m) salaries work. Throw in picks 12 and 13 or a swap maybe 12 for 18?

I dunno, im gonna go find my lloyd daniels jersey and antoine carr shooting range glasses and cry for a bit.
s13fenton
This is such a weak move by Kawhi. Strong argument can be made he's no where near the player he is without the Spurs handeling and development of him early in his career. Coming off like a massive ***** not being able to come out and speak for himself on ANYTHING. Hopefully we can trade him for picks that we can turn into contenders sooner rather than later (see Celtics).
Ulrich
Assuming the rumors are true.

I've lost track of how trades work. If the spurs move Leonard and Gasol, would they have to get all that salary back? That's a lot of salary.
Ag12thman
AG
s13fenton said:

This is such a weak move by Kawhi. Strong argument can be made he's no where near the player he is without the Spurs handeling and development of him early in his career. Coming off like a massive ***** not being able to come out and speak for himself on ANYTHING. Hopefully we can trade him for picks that we can turn into contenders sooner rather than later (see Celtics).
Yep - he's gotten a big head and he is biting the hand that helped develop him. Very childish move and, at this point, he needs to just go -- now that he's shown what he's all about. We don't need this sort of a baby on the team, especially in a leadership role.
Iowaggie
AG
Ulrich said:

Assuming the rumors are true.

I've lost track of how trades work. If the spurs move Leonard and Gasol, would they have to get all that salary back? That's a lot of salary.

I believe if the team receiving the players stays under the salary cap, the salaries do not need to match.

LawHall88
AG
Iowaggie
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Trade KL and whomever (Pau and/or Patty) to Sacramento for the #2 and several of their young prospects. Pick Doncic.
Unless KL is willing to resign with the team, good luck getting any young picks. I just don't see him cooperating.

(Edited to add: cooperating to any non-marquee franchise)
Enzo The Baker
AG
I think from a competitive standpoint, trading him to the Clippers is the right move. If he goes to the Lakers, they will be able to draw George and James a lot easier and easily be the team right behind the Warriors with the Rockets. At least if he goes to the Clippers they would be a middle of the playoff pack team. Also I like the idea of RC handpicking our rebuild in the draft better always.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.