BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

666,543 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CAVA is Chipotle for Mediterranean food. I like their food, but if you had some favorite items from Zoe's you will miss them.
maroon barchetta
Captn_Ag05 said:

CAVA is Chipotle for Mediterranean food. I like their food, but if you had some favorite items from Zoe's you will miss them.

You just convinced me to never go there.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I enjoy their food, but it is a build a bowl concept like Chipotle. I'd give it a try before ruling them out.
Ribbed Paultz
phillytex24 said:

I don't go to Century Square for that very reason, ever. Do they really have to charge for parking????
No they don't HAVE to charge for parking.

But they like making money.....so they do.
Tailgate88
AG
Costco opening August 4th at 8:00am, per a postcard in my mailbox.
phillytex24
Captn_Ag05 said:

I enjoy their food, but it is a build a bowl concept like Chipotle. I'd give it a try before ruling them out.

I just saw their Lemon Chicken Bowl on Instagram- it looks amazing. I'll be eating here a lot. Healthy real food that I don't have to make at home.
TyHolden
AG
Gringo's....siap

Captn_Ag05
AG
Comments say Gringo's is opening July 19.
TyHolden
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Comments say Gringo's is opening July 19.
Boom - I hope so
Tookieclothespin
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

You just convinced me to never go there.
I love CAVA but will probably hardly ever go there because of the parking and that it's still a pain to access. It's why I rarely went to Zoe's and I love them too.

Yes, I am "THAT" person. For quick in and out food, I need quick in and out parking or it's not happening. Mock me all you want, Texags, it's not going to change.
FJB
toolshed
AG
I get the sentiment. But for me, parking in the garage and a 2 minute max walk is nothing. Last night and last week we got a first floor parking spot, quick walk and talk with the wife and a nice dinner at two different restaurants.

But I also won't sit in the drive through line at Dutch Bro's or Chickalay behind 25 other cars either. I figure the short walk is good for me, lord knows I need the exercise!!
maroon barchetta
And you got our without any chunks of concrete falling onto you or your ride from that totally safe garage that periodically sheds its concrete skin like some sort of reptile. Totally normal for a garage to just lose big chunks and get shut down to be checked by engineers and reopened. Happens all the time to every garage.
MadDog73
AG
maroon barchetta said:

And you got our without any chunks of concrete falling onto you or your ride from that totally safe garage that periodically sheds its concrete skin like some sort of reptile. Totally normal for a garage to just lose big chunks and get shut down to be checked by engineers and reopened. Happens all the time to every garage.
Is that recent?
maroon barchetta
Last year again? Maybe? For the second time?
maroon barchetta
I would have to search the inter webs for it.
BiochemAg97
AG
Looks to me the actual issues were 2019, large cracks and falling concrete. Since then, they have been annual inspections. They closed again for inspection in 2021 after someone reported concerns but found no structural issues (didn't sound like a repeat of the falling concrete).
bcstx06
Rapid Express Carwash, which has 2 locations locally and is building a new location in Bryan has been bought by a midwestern carwash chain and will now be called Club Carwash.
https://www.petrolplaza.com/news/30205
https://clubcarwash.com/locations-map/
toolshed
AG
We're all gonna go somehow. Could be in a parking garage, from driving to or from that garage, or from the great meal I ate while I was there, or from the jackwagon college kid driving through the parking lot staring at their phone. I know where I'm going when I die, so, I like to live dangerously, I guess!
australopithecus robustus
If it is a true safety hazard the city would shut it down faster than you can say cat in the hat. The fire marshal has the power to close a business at will. Their engineers checked it out a while back and gave a green light.

As for paying to park, it's certainly not preferred, but nor is it anywhere it's required on planet Earth. Happens all over the world all the time. Free parking commingled with paid parking wasn't birthed across from Texas A&M in College Station, Texas. I'm my view anyone who bans the area is likely the type of patron the center might not necessarily want anyway.

I'll just add the supply and demand clause. If the center had demand fall to a point of financial challenge due to the paid parking, then the charges to park would reduce or just fall off. Clearly the demand is there and the free market is doing its thing.
maroon barchetta
In this economy I would venture a guess that the businesses would be glad for even more patrons.
JMac03
AG
Anyone else notice the sign for what I think is Aaron's Automotive gone off the building? I noticed something was different the last two times I drove by. (Wherever Charlie Mac's hamburger place is)
australopithecus robustus
maroon barchetta said:

In this economy I would venture a guess that the businesses would be glad for even more patrons.

Of course they would. That's a no brainer. But the landlord sure won't give up that parking income if they don't have to, and that's out of the businesses' hands. The landlord would have to start losing tenants to make that pivot.
eloc62
Has anybody heard anything about Tacobar reopening? I ate there all the time when they were on Wellborn @ SW Parkway. The owner is a really good guy and enjoyed talking to him every time I went there.
trouble
AG
As soon as he can get staff hired
trouble
AG
Yeah, they closed very unexpectedly
rocketscience
AG
Amazon Drone Delivery is coming to College Station!

https://wtaw.com/college-stations-planning-and-zoning-commission-recommends-zoning-change-to-bring-an-amazon-drone-delivery-service/
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
Any idea where La Carretta moved to. A friend told me they were closer to Shannon's but I can't find them. Not sure if it kept the same name or not
trouble
AG
I don't think they've reopened yet. This was the last thing I saw from them on Facebook
AggiePhil
AG
Ozona appears to have finally closed.
FlyRod
Jeez I wonder what the deal is with La Carreta? I love the original location. Had so many "Well last night sucked but at least I'm here for breakfast!" breakfasts there! I hope they're relocating close by.
histag10
AG
AggiePhil said:

Ozona appears to have finally closed.

What?
trouble
AG
They just posted on Facebook yesterday and this morning
AggiePhil
AG
Their website and Google both say they're open till midnight on Sundays. Drove by there around dinner time and the place was locked up and deserted.
trouble
AG
Facebook says 2pm on Sundays
maroon barchetta
AggiePhil said:

Their website and Google both say they're open till midnight on Sundays. Drove by there around dinner time and the place was locked up and deserted.

Did you bother to stop and see if there was a sign on the doors or is this another "OMG THE WALGREENS ON 29th AND BRIARCREST IS BOARDED UP FOREVER!!!" kinda drive-by?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.