BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,108 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
AG81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
phillytex24 said:

ShinerBlonde said:

Went to Zoe's for lunch today since they are closing down soon and they already didn't have some items (like sweet tea) and signs up for limited weekend hours. I do think it is turning into a CAVA because CAVA has a CS location listed on their hiring page but no positions posted yet.

Not sure when I will be back over there though since the parking prices are up and I don't want to park in the garage. They charge $2.70 for 1 hour of parking there now!

I don't go to Century Square for that very reason, ever. Do they really have to charge for parking????

Yep. Ditto.

There's nothing there I can't get the equivalent or better elsewhere without having to pay for parking. This is just Midway being greedy.
KidDoc
AG
We often go to Century Square Sunday after church and parking is still free on Sunday!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
Moe's is my favorite restaurant in this area......
coyote creek
What's going in the area on the feeder, next to Furniture Row & Sterling?
bcstx06
coyote creek said:

What's going in the area on the feeder, next to Furniture Row & Sterling?

I believe it's a Subaru dealership.
AG81
AG
KidDoc said:

We often go to Century Square Sunday after church and parking is still free on Sunday!

Your prerogative. I'm still not going to reward a bad decision. And again, I can get as good or better elsewhere.
TommyBrady
AG
I love century square and we have a lot of great nights out there!
toolshed
AG
I think we've beat the paid parking like a dead horse/ tu longhorn baseball team! (Knock on wood…)

We get it, some despise it and think it's the devil. Others don't care and spend frivolously on dumb parking meters. We have this argument about once a month. I think its ok, and it's well past time to let it go.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I agree. Can we stop using the coming and goings to complain about parking at Century Square? I feel like a few people have an alert set for every time Century Square is mentioned to come post about parking.
jac4
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I agree. Can we stop using the coming and goings to complain about parking at Century Square? I feel like a few people have an alert sent for every time Century Square is mentioned to come post about parking.

If we have the BBQ wars spinoff thread, maybe we can make a complain about Century Square parking spinoff thread?

I'll make a poll to see if posters want another thread...
PS3D
Per TDLR TABS: An establishment called "Pepperoni's Pizza" will be at the new development at the southwest corner of Nimitz and University Drive East.
maroon barchetta
PS3D said:

Per TDLR TABS: An establishment called "Pepperoni's Pizza" will be at the new development at the southwest corner of Nimitz and University Drive East.

I'm holding out for Cheeser's Pizza for vegetarians.
TyHolden
AG
maroon barchetta
I've never been to a Gringo's but it sounds promising for chain Tex-Mex.
australopithecus robustus
maroon barchetta said:

Gringos is 85% the quality of pappasitos and 75% the price.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Looks awesome. Nice big bar!
TyHolden
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Looks awesome. Nice big bar!
this is important....
AG81
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

maroon barchetta said:

Gringos is 85% the quality of pappasitos and 75% the price.
Beg to differ. Every bit as good....at 75% of the price. Can't wait for it to open.

WAIT!!!! NEVERMIND!!! IT'S garbage, no one go!! Stay away!!! Give me a chance to try it first...ya know, before there's an hour long wait...I mean so I can confirm it's as good as the others.....yeah...that's it!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Century Square announced that CAVA, Brazos Running Co., Apricot Lane, and Montelongo's Ring Guards are opening soon there.

Cue the "I will never go to any of these places because of parking" comments...
maroon barchetta
Brazos Running Company is moving there?
BQwolf05
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Brazos Running Company is moving there?
If running you don't have to worry about parking.
maroon barchetta
If God wanted us to still be running he shouldn't have given us the ability to invent cars.
rc_cat
Captn_Ag05 said:

Century Square announced that CAVA, Brazos Running Co., Apricot Lane, and Montelongo's Ring Guards are opening soon there.

Cue the "I will never go to any of these places because of parking" comments...

Sorry if a stupid question, but is the ring guard business really big enough to have a dedicated location in Century Square?
toolshed
AG
Seeing what Ring Day has become, I'd venture to say yes, it's a must have for all the ladies (or dudes, sorry) once they have their Aggie ring.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Obviously it is.
rc_cat
TXAGBQ76 said:

Obviously it is.
Yeah, yeah - I know. Still kinda hard to believe.
TXAGBQ76
AG
You'd be surprised at how many they sell. We got our daughter (02) a set when she finished her Masters last month.
UhOhNoAgTag
toolshed said:

Seeing what Ring Day has become, I'd venture to say yes, it's a must have for all the ladies (or dudes, sorry) once they have their Aggie ring.

I personally think the ring looks fine the way it is but to each their own.
maroon barchetta
UhOhNoAgTag said:

toolshed said:

You obviously don't crave attention as much as the generation that has always received a trophy.
UhOhNoAgTag
I attribute it to parents who buy kids Hummers, BMWs etc. early on.
BiochemAg97
AG
UhOhNoAgTag said:

toolshed said:

I'm kinda surprised by the number of people who have them when they come to ring day and put them on together. To each their own.

I just kinda figured it would be a later addition. I paid for my daughter's ring, but she is on her own for the side bands. Well, I could see getting the side bands as a graduation gift for grad school.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Last time I looked, they are more expensive than the ring itself.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Century Square, I'm guessing the La Madeleine that was announced to be going in there isn't happening. It's been a couple of years at least since that announcement.
maroon barchetta
Captn_Ag05 said:

Speaking of Century Square, I'm guessing the La Madeleine that was announced to be going in there isn't happening. It's been a couple of years at least since that announcement.

It's going in next to the Dave and Buster's and across the way from the Pappasito's we have been hearing about for years.
rocketscience
AG
https://www.cstx.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=18608333

Apartment complex site plan behind Jones Crossing H-E-B

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.