BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,014 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
TXAGBQ76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well let's be honest, you can't ever have too many car washes (or nail salons, or chicken tender places)
BiochemAg97
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Well let's be honest, you can't ever have too many car washes (or nail salons, or chicken tender places)
Or Dutch Bros apparently.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep, forgot about them!
btonto
Mas Fajitas brings out a shaker and the martini glass with 2 olives & a lime. You can get 3-4 glasses out of each shaker.
ChampsAg
Ate at Maria Mia today. Honest reaction is meh. Nothing special. Cheese enchiladas had a weird texture. Tamale was too bready for my taste. It was about the size of a twinky.

Coworker had crawfish enchiladas and raved. Other coworker had beef nachos and didn't say much.

No sweet tea
toolshed
AG
" No sweet tea"

Da hell you say??!! They definitely won't make it!!
maroon barchetta
toolshed said:

" No sweet tea"

Oh dear. You might have to order regular tea and add sweetener from the packets on the table to make it taste the way you want.

Like people did for decades before they became too lazy to do it themselves.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I can mix it at the table all I want, but it ain't gonna taste the same as sweet tea made up in the back. That's true 100% of the time.
KidDoc
AG
ChampsAg said:

Ate at Maria Mia today. Honest reaction is meh. Nothing special. Cheese enchiladas had a weird texture. Tamale was too bready for my taste. It was about the size of a twinky.

Coworker had crawfish enchiladas and raved. Other coworker had beef nachos and didn't say much.

No sweet tea
You had me at crawfish enchiladas!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
I like unsweet tea and black coffee.
FILO505
AG
halibut sinclair said:

And violence*, apparently

*it's OK. I like violence, too
Broncos
Take it to the sweet tea thread.
trouble
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Same
maroon barchetta
Bullpen Chias said:

I can mix it at the table all I want, but it ain't gonna taste the same as sweet tea made up in the back. That's true 100% of the time.

True. It is a very complex chemical formula that can take highly specialized equipment and years of practice to perfect.
toolshed
AG
Well, trying to mix sugar into cold liquid doesn't work well.

Artificial sweeteners leave little to be desired when it comes to sweet tea. Meh…

I drink sweet and unsweet. Unsweet is better for me, but the taste is blah.

And….it was sarcasm…. Hopefully they don't do like S Carolinians did when I lived there as a teen in the 90's and ask if I want ice with my tea!
One Louder
AG
Rally House is going into the old Charming Charlies.
maroon barchetta
Is Capriotti's sammich shop open yet in that same plaza (old Fox & Hound location)?

Their site says they are not taking online orders.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
maroon barchetta said:

toolshed said:

" No sweet tea"

Oh dear. You might have to order regular tea and add sweetener from the packets on the table to make it taste the way you want.

Like people did for decades before they became too lazy to do it themselves.

This is not how you make sweet tea. Adding sugar to the boiling water prior to ever adding and steeping the tea is crucial. Adding sugar after the tea is already cooled will not produce the same flavor.
ChampsAg
I drank water. Don't like artificial sweeteners and I never get it right with sugar. I survived
KidDoc
AG
We tried Juanitas today and loved it. As mentioned it is not cheap and portion sizes are not gigantic. That being said I loved my red snapper tacos and house marg on ice and my wife loved the chimchurri beef tacos. We will be back it was very good.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
We tried Maria Mia recently. Food and margaritas were very good, as was the service.
BCSWguru
halibut sinclair said:

We tried Maria Mia recently. Food and margaritas were very good, as was the service.
their burrito gravy was real good. surprised how good it was, actually.
toolshed
AG
Yeah, but how was the sweet tea?!

How were prices? Overpriced as previously mentioned based on their San Antonio menu or more in line with other local restaurants? I haven't checked or seen a menu based on the CS location.
halibut sinclair
toolshed said:

Yeah, but how was the sweet tea?!

How were prices? Overpriced as previously mentioned based on their San Antonio menu or more in line with other local restaurants? I haven't checked or seen a menu based on the CS location.
What's overpriced to you may not be to me and vice versa. Check out the menu on their Facebook page, if you are so inclined.
MiMi
S
Quote:

I haven't checked or seen a menu based on the CS location.
Their website is still adverting the former San Antonio location but they finally updated the Facebook page, which has the menu posted. Someone also posted menu pics on a Google review. Based on the horrible reviews on Yelp and Google, I think I'll wait a while before visiting.
maroon barchetta
I won't be visiting until the Oracle of Yelp aka The Taco Monster returns to give his review.
FlyRod
He was booted from that platform, presumably for violating "terms of use."

Local Yelp is much better for it, and I've learned about a few "coming and going" businesses here from it.
FlyRod
Not strictly BCS but has anyone tried Rail & Rye in Navasota? Seems like kind of a less pricey Ronin.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
FlyRod said:

Not strictly BCS but has anyone tried Rail & Rye in Navasota? Seems like kind of a less pricey Ronin.
A friend and his wife were going there Friday night. They spoke very highly of it. We have not been but have added it to the list.
maroon barchetta
FlyRod said:

He was booted from that platform, presumably for violating "terms of use."

Local Yelp is much better for it, and I've learned about a few "coming and going" businesses here from it.

Is he not "elite"??
susieq30
Anyone know when Gringo's is supposed to open?
MadDog73
AG
What is going in between Furniture Row and Sterling GMC?
chickencoupe16
AG
FlyRod said:

I went for drinks a couple of months ago. Good drinks and atmosphere. They had only appetizers at the time but we didn't try any.
aggies4life
AG
Sterling Subaru
woodiewood1
toolshed said:

Merely speculation but I noticed inside work going on and the Big Dawg's BBQ truck parked outside the old convenience store on 29th street and Hollow Hill across from Cubby Hole Storage. There's also an alcohol sales permit sign in the window.

Not sure if they're opening a brick and mortar location there, or something else going in.
BBQ restaurant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.