BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

666,044 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's start the wagers on the location.

Winner gets beaver nuggets, jerky, and a Dr Pepper ice-ee purchased by those who guessed wrong.
agmom95
AG
It makes sense to have it there, especially with the hospitality component. Right now A&M offers a hospitality certificate. This will greatly help with the hotel component. I'm imaging like the Hilton Hospitality School at U of H that has the hotel on campus. They can utilize the A&M hotel and conference center as well.
rocketscience
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Tailgate88 said:

I think it's going here:

"intersection of Wellborn Road and the pedestrian tunnel that functions as the main foot and automobile traffic corridor on campus" is an interesting description. Pedestrian tunnel, main foot/auto corridor could also describe the intersection at old main and Wellborn, which would put it in the curved parking lot on the other side of the ILSQ. Not exactly shadow of Kyle and the hotel there though.

Why not just use a street name? It doesn't take but a second or two to look at a map and see the street is named John Kimbrough Blvd (or Old Main if it is the other location).
I read it as Lot 62 since that really is the only available location at the intersection of Wellborn and the tunnel that is also across the street from the hotel and literally in the shadow of Kyle Field. The indoor/outdoor recreation component makes me think at least the northern half of the parking lot will be taken up by it but potentially the whole parking lot all the way up to the new indoor football practice facility could (hopefully!) be included. I'm always a fan of more green space on campus.
phillytex24
I'm on day two of my Chili-Cheese fries journey. I'm at Freddy's tonight. While their chili cheese fries are good- I must report that Wienerschnitzel's are still the best. Any suggestions for exceptional chili-cheese fries in BCS?
TyHolden
AG
phillytex24 said:

I'm on day two of my Chili-Cheese fries journey. I'm at Freddy's tonight. While their chili cheese fries are good- I must report that Wienerschnitzel's are still the best. Any suggestions for exceptional chili-cheese fries in BCS?
No beans...
Seranos instead of jalapenos...
BiochemAg97
AG
rocketscience said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Tailgate88 said:

I think it's going here:

"intersection of Wellborn Road and the pedestrian tunnel that functions as the main foot and automobile traffic corridor on campus" is an interesting description. Pedestrian tunnel, main foot/auto corridor could also describe the intersection at old main and Wellborn, which would put it in the curved parking lot on the other side of the ILSQ. Not exactly shadow of Kyle and the hotel there though.

Why not just use a street name? It doesn't take but a second or two to look at a map and see the street is named John Kimbrough Blvd (or Old Main if it is the other location).
I read it as Lot 62 since that really is the only available location at the intersection of Wellborn and the tunnel that is also across the street from the hotel and literally in the shadow of Kyle Field. The indoor/outdoor recreation component makes me think at least the northern half of the parking lot will be taken up by it but potentially the whole parking lot all the way up to the new indoor football practice facility could (hopefully!) be included. I'm always a fan of more green space on campus.
Seems like a terrible place as it would block the view of Kyle field. Also, the campus master plan from 2017 still has that as parking whereas the options on west campus (either Kimbrough or old main) are designated for new buildings eventually. Of course, the campus master plan would turn just about every parking lot into a building eventually.
TommyBrady
AG
They would never put a building next to Kyle. Thats why a parking garage wasn't built so that the view of Kyle would be unobstructed. Once again its going where the logo is…
bushytailed
AG
Lot 61 would make more sense given that it would be on west campus with Mays and COALS.
BCStalk
Fatburger has some pretty good chili cheese fries if they still have them.
AggiePhil
AG
Tower Point McDonald's drive-thru is now open 24/7.
TyHolden
AG
AggiePhil said:

Tower Point McDonald's drive-thru is now open 24/7.
might be able to go through drive throgh
Picadillo
Question for the foodie sages - any word on what might go into the Madden's Casual Gourmet location downtown Bryan? I miss Madden's...
Captn_Ag05
AG
Driving towards Northgate on University, the new dome under construction at St. Mary's looks great. It will be a wonderful addition to that area of town and the College Station "skyline."
Hornbeck
Weinerschnitzel has chili cheese fries
Bucketrunner
I miss Madden's, too. My favorite place
Tailgate88
AG
One of the (prior?) owners of Fritella posted on the BCS Meals & Deals Facebook page that they are considering giving private cooking lessons and/or putting out a cookbook. Needless to say, there were hundreds of positive reactions. Keep an eye on that group for more info, hopefully.
trouble
AG
She's the wife of the original owner
kaj63
Picadillo said:

Question for the foodie sages - any word on what might go into the Madden's Casual Gourmet location downtown Bryan? I miss Madden's...
I don't have any info on what might be going in there in the future, but Gumbeaux Cajun Catering does a pop-up lunch in that spot on the 3rd Saturday of every month.
TyHolden
AG
Tailgate88 said:

One of the (prior?) owners of Fritella posted on the BCS Meals & Deals Facebook page that they are considering giving private cooking lessons and/or putting out a cookbook. Needless to say, there were hundreds of positive reactions. Keep an eye on that group for more info, hopefully.
please let us know
Hornbeck
Any more info on Total Wine coming to the old World Market? My liver wants to know…
happyinBCS
dirt work next to Coopers? what is going in?
happyinBCS
new Mcalesters at feeder road and Woodcreek drive opening next year it will be their 2nd location
Captn_Ag05
AG
Second location rather than moving, I assume?
ChampsAg
You can now get Gumbeaux Cajun at Zeitman's!!!!!
histag10
AG
Makes sense. They are always crowded
phillytex24
Hornbeck said:

Weinerschnitzel has chili cheese fries

Currently Wienerschnitzel is the best I've found in BCS for chili-cheese fries! I love them so much.
TyHolden
AG
Costco...June 4th update...siap

https://vimeo.com/717298121

techno-ag
AG
This guy's stuff needs to be posted here more often.
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

This guy's stuff needs to be posted here more often.
Enjoy:

https://vimeo.com/dronefascination
MiMi
S
Looks like Zoner's Pizza is permanently closed.
althormoon
MiMi said:

Looks like Zoner's Pizza is permanently closed.

They have shut down then reopened like 3 times now since they originally opened, and one of those times they were closed for quite a while. Wonder if this one is actually for good this time.
Tailgate88
AG
Uncorked has signage up.
happyinBCS
any idea what is going in next to Coopers, major dirt work happening
Chris98
AG
CarMax
TyHolden
AG
When is Gringos opening?

I haven't seen any work on Trudy's yet either. I went by there yesterday seeing if they'd let me sample a Mexican Martini and NOBODY was there. I'm thinking this was a bad rumor and I'll hunt you down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.