BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

665,231 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Broncos said:

MS08 said:

Uh Oh. That did not work out well for I heart Mac N Cheese.
Nick the Greek is a succesful chain, not a new start up.

I Heart Mac N Cheese is a national franchise chain that has been around for a while. Did you really think it was a locally owned start up?
Captn_Ag05
AG
It has been discussed on here before, but TXB just submitted information to TDLR for their new convenience store. It will be located directly across University from the Veterans Park entrance (3071 University Drive East), which makes it in Bryan.

TXB also submitted site plans over the summer to the city of College Station for a location at 3001 Texas Avenue South, which appears to be between a couple of small trailer parks.
Tailgate88
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

It has been discussed on here before, but TXB just submitted information to TDLR for their new convenience store. It will be located directly across University from the Veterans Park entrance (3071 University Drive East), which makes it in Bryan.

TXB also submitted site plans over the summer to the city of College Station for a location at 3001 Texas Avenue South, which appears to be between a couple of small trailer parks.
Those trailer parks are gone, they cleared them all out over the summer.
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Those trailer parks are gone, they cleared them all out over the summer.

Yep. That was a surprise.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A restaurant called King Noodle and Sushi is going in the shopping center at 2218 Texas Ave. S. (across from Copy Corner).
KidDoc
AG
Shogun Japanese Grill has a "coming soon" sign up behind the Taco Bell at Tower Point. No dirt work started though that I could see.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Shogun Japanese Grill has a "coming soon" sign up behind the Taco Bell at Tower Point. No dirt work started though that I could see.
Is this a new sign or the same one that has been there for a couple years? There's a recent post in this thread that said Shogun was not going in where the sign is but in one of the new strip centers near that lot that are still under construction.
maroon barchetta
MiMi said:

Quote:

Is this a new sign or the same one that has been there for a couple years? There's a recent post in this thread that said Shogun was not going in where the sign is but in one of the new strip centers near that lot that are still under construction.

Yeah. I was thinking they have had a sign for awhile.
KidDoc
AG
maroon barchetta said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

You are probably correct, it was an area I don't drive by often so it could just be an old sign.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
KidDoc said:

maroon barchetta said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

You are probably correct, it was an area I don't drive by often so it could just be an old sign.

Maybe slow your Vette down to Mach 1
phillytex24
Just ate at the NEW Champions Pizza, in College Station in the Target shopping center. It's fantastic! I'm so happy to have New York City style pizza here in little College Station, Texas!!! Love it!!! This is is only location in Texas! I'm so stoked!!!!
Aggie_95
AG
KidDoc said:

maroon barchetta said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Shogun is going in the new building between GNC and PetSmart. Same building as Waxing the City.
chickencoupe16
AG
[Be respectful when posting on this forum. -Staff]
ratfacemcdougal
Americas Best Value Inn (hwy 6 at Pinon) is remodeling, rebranding and they have a sign up for liquor license application.
chickencoupe16
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

I suppose I'm confused as to which part was disrespectful.
PS3D
ratfacemcdougal said:

Americas Best Value Inn (hwy 6 at Pinon) is remodeling, rebranding and they have a sign up for liquor license application.

Liquor license is probably for the attached Mexican restaurant.
MS08
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

I suppose I'm confused as to which part was disrespectful.

Dunno. They removed my post reply to to you as well. Lol. Our opinion is that it is not very good, at all, so we are sharing that with our fellow peeps. Go try it for yourself but I am sure you will wish you had not.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Are mods on staff or volunteer posters who get a free subscription?
trouble
AG
It's really strange. I haven't seen any mediocre reviews. It's either awful or the best pizza ever.
MS08
AG
Hah! Them moderating chickencoupe's post was one of the odder ones I have seen.
MS08
AG
Go try it for yourself. I think it will be trouble for you. Doesn't hold a candle to the ole Antonio's Pizza.
trouble
AG
I have no desire. I'll stick with Zeitman's
ratfacemcdougal
PS3D said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

Liquor license is probably for the attached Mexican restaurant.
not going to say too much, but it is for the hotel
KidDoc
AG
MS08 said:

Go try it for yourself. I think it will be trouble for you. Doesn't hold a candle to the ole Antonio's Pizza.
I thought Antonio's was pretty bad. Piasianos for normal pizza and rx pizza for weird pizza now that Howdy closed.
trouble
AG
I only ever ate Antonio's when I was drunk
chickencoupe16
AG
KidDoc said:

MS08 said:

I thought Antonio's was pretty bad. Piasianos for normal pizza and rx pizza for weird pizza now that Howdy closed.
And yet Champion's still doesn't come close to Antonio's.
double b
AG
Wife and I ate at Champions in NYC last fall and it was awesome. Hopefully this one in town is similar.
MS08
AG
Right. Thus further validating our opinion.
Look Out Below
AG
Only location outside of NYC.

I thought the sauce had a good flavor to it. I'll be back.
legalbird
Piasano's legit pizza place with real pizza, not flash baked like you see everywhere. Old school. New location. I hope everyone supports them.
MsDoubleD81
AG
When does new location open?
MS08
AG
Yes, waiting for it. Got my eye on the new location. I will definitely try it out.
AgSportsFan
AG
Went by Garpez Tacos inside C-store @ Hwy 6 and Harvey Rd. and it looked like they moved out/shut down. Anyone know if they relocated somewhere else?
trouble
AG

MiMi
S
Quote:

Anyone know if they relocated somewhere else?
They'll be at the former Zoner's location.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.