BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

666,030 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A Net Full of Jello said:

Counterpoint said:

phillytex24 said:

techno-ag said:

MiMi said:

After 40 years, Kettle will close its College Station restaurant
So many times we would "Settle for the Kettle" late at night. Sad day indeed.

Bob Brown is a great guy! I wish he would rebrand & start a new Waffle Cafe style breakfast restaurant in Century Square!

I'd take a Der Waffle Haus ala Dead Like Me! That'd be so great.
As long as we don't have to do any grim reaper stuff.
If you don't think Mason or Rube would be a blast to hang out with, I don't know what to tell you.

Btw, there is rumor of a movie that was made following the series.

False.

There is no movie. Don't believe the rumor or seek out said movie.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Popshelf is opening a location near the Bryan Target. I wasn't familiar with this store, but sounds like a Five Below competitor.

Quote:

Dollar General is launching a new store that's aimed at wealthier shoppers who appreciate a good deal.

The new concept, called Popshelf, will feature home decor, beauty items, cleaning supplies, party goods and more with the majority of items costing $5 or less, the company said in a news release Thursday. Each store will be about 9,000 square feet and its merchandise will include some of Dollar General's private labels.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/08/dollar-general-targets-a-higher-end-shopper-with-new-store-popshelf.html
A Net Full of Jello
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Counterpoint said:

phillytex24 said:

techno-ag said:

MiMi said:

After 40 years, Kettle will close its College Station restaurant
So many times we would "Settle for the Kettle" late at night. Sad day indeed.

Bob Brown is a great guy! I wish he would rebrand & start a new Waffle Cafe style breakfast restaurant in Century Square!

I'd take a Der Waffle Haus ala Dead Like Me! That'd be so great.
As long as we don't have to do any grim reaper stuff.
If you don't think Mason or Rube would be a blast to hang out with, I don't know what to tell you.

Btw, there is rumor of a movie that was made following the series.

False.

There is no movie. Don't believe the rumor or seek out said movie.
If it don't got Rube, it's aint Dead Like Me. I said it.

For what it's worth, I heard a similar rumor about a movie following the completion of Firefly. That, too, is a vicious lie. No movie was made and if they wanted to do some kind of reboot, there is no reason it couldn't have Wash.
Tailgate88
AG
Just finally made it by the new Tacobar location - VERY GOOD! Definitely check them out if you have not, we will be going back!
trouble
AG
Riiiiiiiight? So dang good
birdman
Tailgate88 said:

Just finally made it by the new Tacobar location - VERY GOOD! Definitely check them out if you have not, we will be going back!
I go several times a week. Best food in town.
Wicked Good Ag
Captn_Ag05 said:

Popshelf is opening a location near the Bryan Target. I wasn't familiar with this store, but sounds like a Five Below competitor.

Quote:

Dollar General is launching a new store that's aimed at wealthier shoppers who appreciate a good deal.

The new concept, called Popshelf, will feature home decor, beauty items, cleaning supplies, party goods and more with the majority of items costing $5 or less, the company said in a news release Thursday. Each store will be about 9,000 square feet and its merchandise will include some of Dollar General's private labels.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/08/dollar-general-targets-a-higher-end-shopper-with-new-store-popshelf.html

A 5 Below competitor and they are targeting a wealthier clientele

Hmm
oldag76
AG
Been gone since May. What is going in the old Abuelos space?
MS08
AG
Casa Mangerie (sp?). Will be an Italian, Seafood, and Steak place it say. Still undergoing renovations. Welcome back!
crbongos
AG
Juice juice Bar opening Oct 31st. 214 Elm St, Bryan. Behind Amico Nave. Friend of mine owns. Good guy! Juices,smoothies, bowls.
CRBongo
maroon barchetta
crbongos said:

Juice juice Bar opening Oct 31st. 214 Elm St, Bryan. Behind Amico Nave. Friend of mine owns. Good guy! Juices,smoothies, bowls.

Is that where Northgate Juice Joint had moved to?
BlueMiles
AG
Have they not been open?
Bones2012
AG
Does anybody have any updates on when phase two at century square will begin?
aggie-1997
AG
Anyone know what is going into the old Bush's Chicken location in south CS? I looked through the last few pages and didn't see it or missed it. Thanks.
MS08
AG
Le Petit Cochon - casual french cuisine.

https://lepetitcochonbcs.com/

https://theeagle.com/news/local/french-restaurant-le-petit-cochon-expected-to-open-in-early-september-in-college-station/article_57f16b72-0d23-11ed-97df-1ba276917f5b.html
althormoon
There's a big "coming soon" sign where the old tacobar used to be on Wellborn. Unfortunately I couldn't tell what kind of food or chain was going in there.
Captn_Ag05
AG
althormoon said:

There's a big "coming soon" sign where the old tacobar used to be on Wellborn. Unfortunately I couldn't tell what kind of food or chain was going in there.
That is Nick the Greek.
MS08
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

althormoon said:

That is Nick the Greek.
Excited to see what this spot is about. Wife enjoys Greek food. Hopefully it is good and can stick around.
EBrazosAg
AG
Any update on Piasanos new location on RP?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UhOhNoAgTag
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/10/31/midtown-college-stations-celebrates-groundbreaking-texas-independence-ballpark/
MS08
AG
One of the propositions in local election was to vote for additional monies for the field updates/renovations at Bachman, correct? This mentioned development of these fields can be an attraction and boost our economy but I do not like the have your cake and eat it too approach.
ratfacemcdougal
Indoor go-cart racing company K1 Speed will be opening a franchise in College Station. WHERE ?????
maroon barchetta
ratfacemcdougal said:

Indoor go-cart racing company K1 Speed will be opening a franchise in College Station. WHERE ?????

Macy's!!!!
MS08
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Boys threw part of my my bachelor here. Had an absolute blast! Telling my wife for past few years that we need something like this in South CS
CEAg78
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

althormoon said:

That is Nick the Greek.

I thought I saw "Nick the Greek" signage at the old Fox and Hound center.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
Captn_Ag05
AG
CEAg78 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

althormoon said:

That is Nick the Greek.

I thought I saw "Nick the Greek" signage at the old Fox and Hound center.
Yes, they are opening two locations. One on Wellborn and one on University.
MS08
AG
Uh Oh. That did not work out well for I heart Mac N Cheese.
Broncos
MS08 said:

Uh Oh. That did not work out well for I heart Mac N Cheese.
Nick the Greek is a succesful chain, not a new start up.
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/11/02/new-food-retail-businesses-finding-homes-college-station/

Quote:

A restaurant owned by two Texas A&M former students called Wingers Restaurant & Alehouse is also set to open in 2023.

South College Station is also expanding with new boutique retail experiences like Pinspiration and Brazos Brim and Hat Bar.

Indoor go-cart racing company K1 Speed will be opening a franchise in College Station.

City officials haven't heard any news about the business coming to the area but they say they are excited to add more family-friendly entertainment to the area and look forward to helping the company find a location to accommodate them.

"We're always looking to bring more entertainment to the city," said Vasquez. "As far as what business and what venues we're trying to get to come to College Station entertainment is one of our priorities."

City of College Station hasn't heard from K1 so are unsure where they will be locating. Has anyone heard anything about Wingers or where that may be located?
Captn_Ag05
AG
More about Wingers. No info on location, however. We are now in the midwest, apparently!

https://utahnow.online/2022/10/20/wingers-restaurant-alehouse-grows-again/

Quote:

Wingers Restaurant & Alehouse is excited to announce its latest expansion in the Midwest, as the company will be developing locations in Texas. The initial new franchised location is scheduled to be opening in College Station, TX, in 2023 and will offer the same great food and sports atmosphere that fans have come to love from Wingers. This growth marks an exciting time for the company as they continue to expand throughout the Mountain West and Midwest. Wingers USA, Inc. CEO Eric Slaymaker announced that the brand has executed an area development agreement for central and southeast Texas with Jaem Dwyer Industries, Inc. Jaem Dwyer Industries consists of investors and developers James Dwyer and his wife Amy.

Wingers Restaurant & Alehouse is the perfect destination for delicious food, cold craft beers, and an energetic sports atmosphere. Serving award-winning handmade wings, sandwiches, burgers, and salads, combined with excellent service, Wingers Restaurant & Alehouse provides the perfect atmosphere for socializing, watching sports, and eating great food.

"We are extremely excited to be working with James and Amy Dwyer in bringing the Wingers Alehouse experience to College Station," said Eric Slaymaker CEO & Founder Wingers USA, Inc. "James is going to be a fantastic franchisee and operator, and is looking to expand the Wingers Alehouse brand in central Texas. Texas will go crazy once they get a taste of our world-famous wings, sticky fingers, and craft beers!"

James and Amy Dwyer both retired from their careers in the oil and gas industry after over 25 years. Recently Amy took the role as Director of the Professional MBA program at Texas A&M University, and James serves on advisory boards for the University and two charities.

Both James and Amy are former Texas A&M students. They are looking forward to bringing the new restaurant concept to their community and introducing them to the delicious wings that are thoughtfully prepared that have made Wingers a household name for decades.

"Wingers brings a family-oriented casual option to the city with a focus on local sports, whether it be college or high school," said James. "Contributing to the Aggie and College Station Community is very important to us."

"I think this is a perfect business for a fast-growing college town," Amy added. "College Station has a student body of over 75,000 students. The faculty, staff, and community are growing at a fast pace. This is the perfect offering to fulfill the price point and desires of students while also providing a great environment for the general community. Who doesn't want to watch the Aggies play football and eat great wings? This combination is undeniably perfect."
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

More about Wingers. No info on location, however. We are now in the midwest, apparently!

https://utahnow.online/2022/10/20/wingers-restaurant-alehouse-grows-again/

Quote:

Wingers Restaurant & Alehouse is excited to announce its latest expansion in the Midwest, as the company will be developing locations in Texas. The initial new franchised location is scheduled to be opening in College Station, TX, in 2023 and will offer the same great food and sports atmosphere that fans have come to love from Wingers. This growth marks an exciting time for the company as they continue to expand throughout the Mountain West and Midwest. Wingers USA, Inc. CEO Eric Slaymaker announced that the brand has executed an area development agreement for central and southeast Texas with Jaem Dwyer Industries, Inc. Jaem Dwyer Industries consists of investors and developers James Dwyer and his wife Amy.

Wingers Restaurant & Alehouse is the perfect destination for delicious food, cold craft beers, and an energetic sports atmosphere. Serving award-winning handmade wings, sandwiches, burgers, and salads, combined with excellent service, Wingers Restaurant & Alehouse provides the perfect atmosphere for socializing, watching sports, and eating great food.

"We are extremely excited to be working with James and Amy Dwyer in bringing the Wingers Alehouse experience to College Station," said Eric Slaymaker CEO & Founder Wingers USA, Inc. "James is going to be a fantastic franchisee and operator, and is looking to expand the Wingers Alehouse brand in central Texas. Texas will go crazy once they get a taste of our world-famous wings, sticky fingers, and craft beers!"

James and Amy Dwyer both retired from their careers in the oil and gas industry after over 25 years. Recently Amy took the role as Director of the Professional MBA program at Texas A&M University, and James serves on advisory boards for the University and two charities.

Both James and Amy are former Texas A&M students. They are looking forward to bringing the new restaurant concept to their community and introducing them to the delicious wings that are thoughtfully prepared that have made Wingers a household name for decades.

"Wingers brings a family-oriented casual option to the city with a focus on local sports, whether it be college or high school," said James. "Contributing to the Aggie and College Station Community is very important to us."

"I think this is a perfect business for a fast-growing college town," Amy added. "College Station has a student body of over 75,000 students. The faculty, staff, and community are growing at a fast pace. This is the perfect offering to fulfill the price point and desires of students while also providing a great environment for the general community. Who doesn't want to watch the Aggies play football and eat great wings? This combination is undeniably perfect."

Can't explain it, but I take a bit of offense to this. We are NOT midwest.

I believe Roger Creager said it best in his There's a Spirit video from the 2011 football season, "We take pride in where we're from. This isn't the east coast or the west coast. It's not the midwest or the deep south. This is Texas."
Captn_Ag05
AG
Dutch Bros is planning a 6th BCS location near the Bryan Walmart (1642 West Villa Maria Road).
phillytex24
Just ate at the new Shawarma Factory in College Station. It was so delicious! You have to try the Chicken Shawarma!! So flavorful! I might eat here everyday! It's literally across the street from Chick-fil-a on Texas Ave in College Station.
trouble
AG
I think we're going to try to have lunch there Friday.
TXAGBQ76
AG
or Ray Wylie Hubbard's song "Screw you, we're from Texas"!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.