BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

664,439 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
mason12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife wants me to ask if anyone knows when Crumbl Cookies will open at Jones Crossing?
trouble
AG
Next month
MS08
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I have been disappointed in the Whataburgers drive thru here. Long waits and then burger is cold and fries not hot and crispy. The ones in DFW were pretty efficient and food decent even after they sold out.

Went to whataburger for the first time (in as long as their wait lines take) last week (to the one on Dominik) and had the exact same experience with my fries. Almost parked and went in to request a new batch, but, said 'meh, don't need to eat them today anyways.' Lol
ChampsAg
I heard it at the barber shop so it has to be true!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I have been disappointed in the Whataburgers drive thru here. Long waits and then burger is cold and fries not hot and crispy. The ones in DFW were pretty efficient and food decent even after they sold out.

They have a great app and that's all I have used for the past 18 months. I can save everyone's fav and when we're traveling I'll order about 10-12 miles out.

So far its been pretty slick
AG
Just a heads up, Avant Garde - College Prep Services has moved from it's Executive Suites off Longmire to a retail center @ 3104 Texas Avenue South, College Station. They intend on having an open house to showcase their new facility on Monday, Feb. 21, 300 PM - 700 PM and will offer exclusive discounts for those who attend the event.

ElephantRider
AG
I haven't been to Whataburger in months. The last several times, the service and quality were both terrible. Give me In-N-Out any day of the week. I'll take great service and consistency over whatever Whataburger is doing now.
Hittag1492
AG
Good Lord on the Whataburger deniers! I have been to In N Out 3 times and it took forever (2 were busy, one was not). Their food is good, but the service was no better than numerous other places so, in my experience, it is not like it is above and beyond good service or a fast drive thru. Nobody rivals Chick Fil A in that regard. Every chain has its own little issues. In N Out has really good food, but Whataburger is-in my opinion-much better. They have always taken a bit and that really has not changed either way. Also, like any restaurant, some locations are clearly better than others (except Chick Fil A-somehow, all very good.) But, everybody has an opinion, right?
Bullpen Chias
AG
Agree. In-n-Out and Whataburger are typically pretty similar on speed. The Whata on Rock Prairie actually moves rather efficiently. The one on Dominik has been tragically slow for 30+ years.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Hittag1492 said:

Good Lord on the Whataburger deniers! I have been to In N Out 3 times and it took forever (2 were busy, one was not). Their food is good, but the service was no better than numerous other places so, in my experience, it is not like it is above and beyond good service or a fast drive thru. Nobody rivals Chick Fil A in that regard. Every chain has its own little issues. In N Out has really good food, but Whataburger is-in my opinion-much better. They have always taken a bit and that really has not changed either way. Also, like any restaurant, some locations are clearly better than others (except Chick Fil A-somehow, all very good.) But, everybody has an opinion, right?
Here's where you lost me. In-n-Out fries are garbage. If I'm going to go to a burger place, they need to have a good burger AND good fries or what's the point?
ElephantRider
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

Hittag1492 said:

Here's where you lost me. In-n-Out fries are garbage. If I'm going to go to a burger place, they need to have a good burger AND good fries or what's the point?
Animal style
techno-ag
AG
Hittag1492 said:

Yeah I never realized how good Whataburger is until I ate at one out of town. Same with Popeye's chicken.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Hittag1492
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

Hittag1492 said:

Well then, let me clarify for you since I "lost" you. In N Out, OVERALL, has very good food. While not EVERY item may be to your liking, OVERALL - IN MY OPINION - In N Out has very good quality food that tastes pretty good. Whataburger is much better - also IN MY OPINION. That said, I do not like EVERY item at Whataburger either. Make sense? Also, if fries are a big part of your food eating equation at a burger joint, Whataburger fries are good, but not great. Just like everyone has an opinion-every item at every restaurant is not "GREAT", lol. Except, of course, Chick-Fil-A. Is what it is...

All that said-yes, In N Out fries are Ok-similar to Whataburger. Not the same type, etc, but about on the same level of taste/quality.

PS-before I "lose" you again, my Chick-Fil-A comment was just a joke. Great food/service, but even at the great CFA-there are items I do not like.
BQ_90
AG
can yall move this to another thread please
trouble
AG
STAFF, can we get a clean up?
Gigem314
AG
PS3D said:

Andy's Frozen Custard at SW Parkway/Wellborn and McDonald's at Holleman/Wellborn need to be added to the "Coming Soon" section
Is that really happening? Andy's is awesome! For those of us old enough to remember when Shake's Frozen Custard was still here (on the site of The Republic now), Andy's is very much the same quality.

I'm a bit of a custard snob. I like Freddy's for their variety, but it just doesn't taste as good.
Captn_Ag05
AG
They've recently submitted site plans to the city, so it appears to be happening.
Hittag1492
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

They've recently submitted site plans to the city, so it appears to be happening.

Cannot wait. Excellent!
Hittag1492
AG
trouble said:

STAFF, can we get a clean up?
. No need. I am done responding so it will die.
war hymn aggie
AG
For those that complain about slow service in "fast food" restaurants.......get used to it, at least for awhile.
Many of these restaurants are busier than ever since COVID hit (at least in their DT's) & most if not all establishments are short-staffed. Even Chik-Fil-A , the heralded leader in the industry, is having staffing issues.
Many big city fast food restaurants are so short staffed that they have to close early/open less days/week. This includes even CFA, who is already closed on Sunday's.

It's a serious issue than many outside of the restaurant industry don't care about or aren't aware of.

For those that say that these places should raise wages....many would then complain about their prices going up.

Can't have your cake & eat it too.

I honestly feel that it won't be too long before more restaurant owners decide to throw in their aprons due to frustrations & decide to go do something else.
maroon barchetta
war hymn aggie said:

For those that complain about slow service in "fast food" restaurants.......get used to it, at least for awhile.
Many of these restaurants are busier than ever since COVID hit (at least in their DT's) & most if not all establishments are short-staffed. Even Chik-Fil-A , the heralded leader in the industry, is having staffing issues.
Many big city fast food restaurants are so short staffed that they have to close early/open less days/week. This includes even CFA, who is closed on Sunday's.

It's a serious issue than many outside of the restaurant industry don't care about or aren't aware of.

For those that say that these places should raise wages....many would then complain about their prices going up.

Can't have your cake & eat it too.

I honestly feel that it won't be too long before more restaurant owners decide to throw in their aprons due to frustrations & decide to go do something else.

Well done
maroon barchetta
Will COVID push the fast food industry to the kiosk/automated/app platform? We have seen articles of McDonald's trying out the self-order kiosks in some states. That could eliminate some staffing right there. Everyone cooks and cleans. Maybe one person up front to tell people the ice cream machine is broken.

Buc-ee's has self-ordering in their big locations. I can't imagine what it would be like if they had a drive thru. Maybe you have to order from an app?
BQ_90
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Will COVID push the fast food industry to the kiosk/automated/app platform? We have seen articles of McDonald's trying out the self-order kiosks in some states. That could eliminate some staffing right there. Everyone cooks and cleans. Maybe one person up front to tell people the ice cream machine is broken.

Buc-ee's has self-ordering in their big locations. I can't imagine what it would be like if they had a drive thru. Maybe you have to order from an app?

I think so, I think you see more kiosk/app ordering esp for inside dinning. Labor cost and lack of reliability will push it that way
althormoon
Anyone know if Le Macoron is closed? Noticed a big for sale sign in the window last night. Haven't been by during normal hours yet to see if they're open at all.
tb9665
Urban Cowgirl coming to the strip center where the Fox and Hound use to be.
Broncos
tb9665 said:

Urban Cowgirl coming to the strip center where the Fox and Hound use to be.
Is that a bar, boutique, or sex shop?
HometownAg22
AG
All 3
EBrazosAg
AG
Is that vertical or horizontal integration?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
woodiewood1
Fedex on university is moving down the street next to 5 guys on April 18th.
chorkles
Any word on Capriotti's? I see the sign but haven't heard anything on an opening and the shop doesn't show up as a location on their website.
Collectonian
woodiewood1 said:

Oh great... will be almost impossible to get to. That parking lot is constantly packed and the Starbucks line is always blocking the entrance
maroon barchetta
Collectonian said:

woodiewood1 said:

Oh great... will be almost impossible to get to. That parking lot is constantly packed and the Starbucks line is always blocking the entrance

Thank goodness they will no longer be located across the street from tens of thousands of students that might need to ship or pick up a package.
techno-ag
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Collectonian said:

woodiewood1 said:

Thank goodness they will no longer be located across the street from tens of thousands of students that might need to ship or pick up a package.
At least it's a mile or so closer to the bypass.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
UmustBKidding
Yes closed, not sure exactly when but had sign about a month ago when i was driving by.
JayHowdy!
Collectonian said:

woodiewood1 said:

Just go after 2 PM. Snooze is closed and Starbucks is in their mid-day slow period.
Plan ahead.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.