BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

664,631 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
had Fargos the other day, better, and cheaper than Coopers
dilliam
New mixed use in Downtown Bryan finally starting construction:

"BCS Modern is finally breaking ground on the Jordan's Lofts development at 501 N Main St in downtown Bryan after years of teasing the plans. 48 units, 6500sqft of retail on an empty grass lot. Should be pretty huge for downtown and especially for the Northern stretch of N Main that has lagged behind the rest of the area. Having mixed use up there should definitely help catalyze further development on N Main."

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/bryan-college-station-development-news.1594402/page-8#post-177544520
Bcs90
Noticed the Lot across the street from fish Daddys that was said to belong to pappadeaux is up for sale. Not sure how long it's been up.
rocketscience
AG
dilliam said:

Looks like Parallel who is already redeveloping the Lutheran Chapel site on NG is building another development on 1st and Louise. 10 stories, 740 beds.

The rendering for the Lutheran Chapel redevelopment look great, so hopefully this will follow suit... especially with it being so visible from Wellborn.

https://www.cstx.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=18348854
Demolition permits for the involved properties were pulled early in February.
jimbo457
There is a left turn there for SB traffic on Texas Avenue. It's as accessible as Wings n More.
australopithecus robustus
I'm glad you pointed that out. I was perplexed by the access commentary by barchetta as it didn't match with the reality on the ground.
MiMi
S
Moving dirt at the Andy's Frozen Custard location (behind Starbucks and Chipotle on Wellborn Rd.).

Sign went up in the strip center for Inhale (smoke and vape shop) next to Angry Elephant on Fitch.
maroon barchetta
Another smoke shop?

Those are the nail salon of new developments.
FlyRod
Something around the corner from Rough Draught called "Smokin Joe's," no idea if its a restaurant or vape shop.
maroon barchetta
FlyRod said:

Something around the corner from Rough Draught called "Smokin Joe's," no idea if its a restaurant or vape shop.

In this town, it's a vape shop.
jac4
AG
maroon barchetta said:

FlyRod said:

In this town, it's a vape shop.
Unlikely to be chicken tenders with that name...
FlyRod
It's a vape shop. Sorry thought it might be bbq.
TyHolden
AG
you can't throw a rock in BCS without hitting a vape/nail salon...
maroon barchetta
FlyRod said:

It's a vape shop. Sorry thought it might be bbq.

But vaping isn't smoking. They are falsely named.

My vape shop will be aptly named "Popcorn Lung Express" and a portion of profits will go to support lung transplant patients.
toolshed
AG
TyHolden said:

you can't throw a rock in BCS without hitting a vape/nail salon...

They should open a nail shop next door called Smokin' Toes!
MsDoubleD81
AG
Best nail salon I went to in DFW was right next to a liquor store that was owned by the husband of the nail salon owner. If they didn't have booze someone wanted, they'd go next door and get it. Bar was in the middle of the salon and customers would hang out and drink while their polish dried
Fis4Favorite
Noticed the SOLD sign is no longer up at the recently discussed HWY 6/ Fitch intersection. Did the sign fall off or did the deal fall through? It honestly looks like a new sign all together.
bushytailed
AG
The pizza place next to Rough Draught seems to be coming along. The window now says Rough Draught Brick Oven Pizza.
RyanFromTexas
Costco has updated their page of new locations and is now showing an August opening for College Station.
techno-ag
AG
RyanFromTexas said:

Costco has updated their page of new locations and is now showing an August opening for College Station.
Good. Hope the lines ease up at Sam's.
BiochemAg97
AG
techno-ag said:

RyanFromTexas said:

Why are you worried about lines at Sam's? Use the app to Scan, Pay, Go and skip the checkout lines.
maroon barchetta
BiochemAg97 said:

techno-ag said:

RyanFromTexas said:

Why are you worried about lines at Sam's? Use the app to Scan, Pay, Go and skip the checkout lines.

His username is not checking out.
techno-ag
AG
I was thinking more the gas lines.
AgsWin2011
AG
We love scanning and paying as we go at Sam's. Does Costco have something similar?
TXAGBQ76
AG
yes
BiochemAg97
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

yes
Really? I haven't found it in the app. I know they have plenty of self checkout, but I haven't seen a feature where you scan the barcodes with your phone and pay on the phone without going to a register.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I don't think Costco does. I go a few times a month and it's never been an option.
SandAG
No scanning of items, but if your Costco Visa is linked to your Costco app, the register will accept payment when your q-code is scanned at the beginning of the transaction if you choose that option at the end. You can always use a different form of payment when prompted. Not a huge time saver, but nice if for some reason you don't have your credit card with you.
cozart
AG
anyone know what's going in the Good Bull BBQ location? outside is being painted and there were workers on the roof this morning.
TXAGBQ76
AG
My bad; mid-read the question. Sorry!
Chris98
AG
CARMAX is going in by Coopers
BQ_90
AG
Chris98 said:

CARMAX is going in by Coopers
Another empty car lot.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Dome went up on new St. Mary's
Bones2012
AG
Area between prosperity bank and gramercy park apartments on east university is being developed. I drove past and saw a sign up but couldn't read it in time. I think I remember an assisted living facility being proposed for that area. Hopefully some restaurant/retail will go in as well.
bcstx06
Bones2012 said:

Area between prosperity bank and gramercy park apartments on east university is being developed. I drove past and saw a sign up but couldn't read it in time. I think I remember an assisted living facility being proposed for that area. Hopefully some restaurant/retail will go in as well.

It's supposed to be this: https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/26/new-economic-development-coming-to-the-city-of-bryan/

I believe I saw a sign that said retail center coming soon or something like that. Maybe they are building the retail before the residential.

The new C&J's BBQ on W. J. Bryan is looking really nice. I wonder if they will close any of the other locations because of this new one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.