BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,007 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

phillytex24 said:

I bet Gringos beats them all. I absolutely love Gringos- it will be the superstar.
This without question. Gringo's is 90% as good as pappasitos and 75% the price.
Sounds good!

Where can I get a friggin Mexican Martini in a shaker in CS that I can pour myself? Every time I ask for this I get a little glass martini with an olive.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I know Total Wine was discussed, but I am not sure Boot Barn was mentioned as going in the center at Bush and Texas.

Quote:

Texas Avenue Crossing totals 87,000 sf and is anchored by Bed Bath & Beyond. Total Wine & More and Boot Barn will join the roster this summer.

https://www.recenter.tamu.edu/news/newstalk-texas/?Item=27401
AggieAces06
AG
TyHolden said:

phillytex24 said:

I bet Gringos beats them all. I absolutely love Gringos- it will be the superstar.
Sounds good!

Where can I get a friggin Mexican Martini in a shaker in CS that I can pour myself? Every time I ask for this I get a little glass martini with an olive.

I think Chuy's gives you the shaker glass for you to pour yourself.
trouble
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

halibut sinclair said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Glad to hear the good stuff about Maria Mia's and excited for Gringos. We've been disappointed with Texmex here. Mas Fajitas has not been good the few times we've been, and really all we like at Chuy's are the fajitas and creamy jalapeno. Trudy's looks like another strong contender, too.

Have you tried La Carretta, El Charro, Corona's, Don Chente, El Sol de Mexico or Camino's?
Well, let me rephrase my statement a little bit. We've been disappointed with the large, commercial, chains that my wife will go to. The little hole in the wall places are definitely superior, and there are a few on your list I haven't been to. Mi Pueblito is my current favorite Mexican place in town.

MI Pueblito is my absolute favorite here.
BCSWguru
AggieAces06 said:

TyHolden said:

phillytex24 said:

Sounds good!

Pro tip: try the New Mex martini with the green chile infused tequila.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Can confirm. It's called the Texas Martini.
TyHolden
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Can confirm. It's called the Texas Martini.
Not a fan of Chuy's but I'll take it - thanks!
bushytailed
AG
TyHolden said:

phillytex24 said:

Sounds good!

Trudy's will. It can't get here soon enough.

https://www.patrontequila.com/stories/2016-02/the-mexican-martini.html
australopithecus robustus
Trudy's of course has the Mexican Martinis, which they got from Cedar Door, who invented them.

Trudy's food is meh. Conversely, after a perusal of Juanita's menu, it looks quite good, albeit on the higher side. It's clear they took a lot of queues from Escalante's in Houston.

Summation:

Juanita's for likely the only high end TexMex in town a La Escalante's.

Gringos for good quality/value for the masses

Trudy's for drinking and adequate to mediocre food.

I don't know squat about Maria Mia's.
maroon barchetta
This is turning into a Greg D thread:

"I haven't been there yet and it's not open but let me tell you about it so I get the First To Review!"

You people are funny.

Maybe wait until they open and are, you know, cooking and serving food?
Lol
ratfacemcdougal
For lease / sale sign missing from Boomtown....could there be a So Fly Chicken in the future.....
Costa and Andreas
ratfacemcdougal said:

For lease / sale sign missing from Boomtown....could there be a So Fly Chicken in the future.....

Yes I can confirm that here and now.

We closed on the property about 10 days ago. We expect to open SoFly this summer.

We are rebranding/modernizing a bit and the menu will have several updates.

As of now there are 6 sandwiches, 5 tacos, craft fries, nugs and a new item we're introducing called "Thick Thighs" tossed in different sauce choices. Breakfast daily 7am-10:30am and open till 3am on the weekends.

Although there is no access problem as discussed here before, we do see that it might be confused with a visibility issue when traveling northbound. The building sits back a bit. We will take quite a few steps to mitigate that, which includes the addition of a monument sign out on the road. Also, we will make the bldg "pop" more through coloring, signage, and lighting.

ComfortAg
AG
Costa, I have a $25 eccellgroup gift card from 2016 that was never redeemed. Any chance it will be accepted at SoFly?
double b
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

Yes I can confirm that here and now.

Awesome you'll be across the street from me now.

We closed on the property about 10 days ago. We expect to open SoFly this summer.

We are rebranding/modernizing a bit and the menu will have several updates.

As of now there are 6 sandwiches, 5 tacos, craft fries, nugs and a new item we're introducing called "Thick Thighs" tossed in different sauce choices. Breakfast daily 7am-10:30am and open till 3am on the weekends.

Although there is no access problem as discussed here before, we do see that it might be confused with a visibility issue when traveling northbound. The building sits back a bit. We will take quite a few steps to mitigate that, which includes the addition of a monument sign out on the road. Also, we will make the bldg "pop" more through coloring, signage, and lighting.

Costa and Andreas
ComfortAg said:

Costa, I have a $25 eccellgroup gift card from 2016 that was never redeemed. Any chance it will be accepted at SoFly?

Firstly, yes of course. However, that's likely off an outdated platform we were using. Consequently, you'll have to go through me when the time comes. Feel feee to email me when the time nears at costa@eccellgroup.com and I'll expedite it for you.

I should say also that we plan to have some free food days at the opening. We will give away specific items certain days. Watch for that!

Thank you!
techno-ag
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

ComfortAg said:

Firstly, yes of course. However, that's likely off an outdated platform we were using. Consequently, you'll have to go through me when the time comes. Feel feee to email me when the time nears at costa@eccellgroup.com and I'll expedite it for you.

I should say also that we plan to have some free food days at the opening. We will give away specific items certain days. Watch for that!

Thank you!

That's good customer service right there.
phillytex24
Can we please get Waffle House style waffles?
FILO505
AG
Calz on NG opened, and abruptly closed. Owner said on Facebook it's a legal dispute. I know a good bit of the story, but I'm not gonna put anybody on blast without knowing the whole story. Anybody know the full ins and outs?
maroon barchetta
FILO505 said:

Calz on NG opened, and abruptly closed. Owner said on Facebook it's a legal dispute. I know a good bit of the story, but I'm not gonna put anybody on blast without knowing the whole story. Anybody know the full ins and outs?

Sounds like you know.
FILO505
AG
Perhaaaaaaaaaps

Turns out when you don't pay rent for the better part of a year, the landlord will close you down. Couple that with at least one filed lien for no payment on construction, and stuff like this happens. I don't root for any business to fail, but when you can't pay the up front costs you never should've tried

Maybe they were hoping Calzada would stick around and make the best NIL, ever
Going into business under capitalized is like going to war without enough bullets.

A big reason so many restaurants fail is that a lot of cooks/chefs aren't business people and a lot of business people aren't cooks/chefs. But mostly, a lot of cooks aren't business people.
FlyRod
Any updates on Chef Tai's sushi place?
Collectonian
FlyRod said:

Any updates on Chef Tai's sushi place?
They posted on their Facebook on the 2nd a picture with the exterior walls going up
toolshed
AG
Merely speculation but I noticed inside work going on and the Big Dawg's BBQ truck parked outside the old convenience store on 29th street and Hollow Hill across from Cubby Hole Storage. There's also an alcohol sales permit sign in the window.

Not sure if they're opening a brick and mortar location there, or something else going in.
bcstx06
The shopping center at the corner of 2818 and Holleman that has never been occupied looks like a restaurant is moving in at the corner spot. There are booths and tables that you can see through the window.
maroon barchetta
bcstx06 said:

The shopping center at the corner of 2818 and Holleman that has never been occupied looks like a restaurant is moving in at the corner spot. There are booths and tables that you can see through the window.

Let's start the guesses

Papasitos Express
Red Lobster cafe
La Madeleine
Buc-ee's beaver nuggets and Jerky stand
DQ
phillytex24
Cafe Eccell reborn into a 24 hour Waffle-House style restaurant for the after northgate/ breakfast crowd! With huge fluffy delicious waffles and breakfast sausage. Home of the jalapeño waffle syrup that's sweet and spicy! Lol!!
Costa and Andreas
phillytex24 said:

Cafe Eccell reborn into a 24 hour Waffle-House style restaurant for the after northgate/ breakfast crowd! With huge fluffy delicious waffles and breakfast sausage. Home of the jalapeño waffle syrup that's sweet and spicy! Lol!!

I'll consider selling the rights to the IP for this quagmire but there's no way my team and I are operating this. It sounds like a nightmare lol.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
maroon barchetta said:

bcstx06 said:

Let's start the guesses

Papasitos Express
Red Lobster cafe
La Madeleine
DQ

maroon barchetta
A Net Full of Jello said:

maroon barchetta said:

bcstx06 said:

Let's start the guesses

Papasitos Express
Red Lobster cafe
La Madeleine
DQ

PS3D
bcstx06 said:

Before COVID and all that I think I remember the permit signs saying it was some sort of coffee shop.
Tailgate88
AG
SIAP but the car wash they are rebuilding south of Rock Prairie on Wellborn rd. has a sign up "Coming Soon: Drew's Car Wash".
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

SIAP but the car wash they are rebuilding south of Rock Prairie on Wellborn rd. has a sign up "Coming Soon: Drew's Car Wash".

Another car wash?
Tailgate88
AG
Well it was a car wash before. They are just replacing it with a shiny new one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.