BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,134 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bcstx06 said:

The new C&J's BBQ on W. J. Bryan is looking really nice. I wonder if they will close any of the other locations because of this new one.
I heard they are closing the location on Texas in Bryan.
australopithecus robustus
halibut sinclair said:

bcstx06 said:

The new C&J's BBQ on W. J. Bryan is looking really nice. I wonder if they will close any of the other locations because of this new one.
I heard they are closing the location on Texas in Bryan.

Basically they are moving from renting the texas Ave location to owning the William j Bryan. Prudent business move of course to own it. Also prudent in that particular corridor of texas Ave is a dead zone and somewhat blighted.
Sleepnumber
AG
bcstx06 said:

Bones2012 said:

Area between prosperity bank and gramercy park apartments on east university is being developed. I drove past and saw a sign up but couldn't read it in time. I think I remember an assisted living facility being proposed for that area. Hopefully some restaurant/retail will go in as well.

It's supposed to be this: https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/26/new-economic-development-coming-to-the-city-of-bryan/

I believe I saw a sign that said retail center coming soon or something like that. Maybe they are building the retail before the residential.

They are closing the downtown Bryan location.
AG81
AG
Total Wine is coming...... somewhere near the B/CS city line. Trying to get more details.
MsDoubleD81
AG
YAY!!
trouble
AG
It's going where world market was
AG81
AG
trouble said:

It's going where world market was

Could be, but they've put out for bid construction that would indicate a freestanding structure.
motherrunnersBCS
I want World Market back.
FlyRod
A Filipino restaurant (Pinoy) has replaced Pin Toh Cafe on Wellborn road.
Justin2010
AG
BQ_90 said:

Chris98 said:

CARMAX is going in by Coopers
Another empty car lot.

I'm sure the sales taxes are great... But I really liked that hwy 6 in cs wasn't just covered in car lots. Progress.
halibut sinclair
Everybody wants to be on the Bypass.
maroon barchetta
halibut sinclair said:

Everybody wants to be on the Bypass.

Not COSTCO
montegobay
Did
Someone force them to be on the bypass?
techno-ag
AG
montegobay said:

Did
This refers to the bypass literalists who assert that once Business 6 rejoins Highway 6 south of town, the freeway is no longer technically a "bypass."

Everyone else calls it the bypass until somewhere north of Navasota.
maroon barchetta
The bypass is Hwy 6 where it bypasses the portion of town where Business 6 exists. Some of you know Business 6 as Texas Avenue.

Thus Costco, new Dutch Bros, Scott & White Hospital, Lowe's, everything at Tower Point and Caprock, Kroger plaza at Rock Prairie - not on the bypass.

themoreyouknow.gif
TyHolden
AG
when they completing the loop?
maroon barchetta
TyHolden said:

when they completing the loop?

Not in our lifetimes.
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

montegobay said:

Did
This refers to the bypass literalists who assert that once Business 6 rejoins Highway 6 south of town, the freeway is no longer technically a "bypass."

No they don't.
Bones2012
AG
This may have already been discussed, but there is a huge 10+ acre warehouse type building going in north of town on the feeder road just south of Kristen distributing. Any info on what this is? It's a giant building.
rocketscience
AG
Bones2012 said:

This may have already been discussed, but there is a huge 10+ acre warehouse type building going in north of town on the feeder road just south of Kristen distributing. Any info on what this is? It's a giant building.
New Fedex distribution center.
JMac03
AG
Immediately next to Bike Barn in Texas they have a bunch of scaffolding or something similar. Wonder if they are going to expand.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
halibut sinclair said:

techno-ag said:

montegobay said:

Did

No they don't.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone outside of this forum use "bypass". It's just "6", and business 6 is just "Texas".
trouble
AG
Back when there was was practically nothing in south CS on 6, lots of people called it the bypass.
halibut sinclair
MyNameIsJeff said:

halibut sinclair said:

techno-ag said:

montegobay said:

Did

No they don't.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone outside of this forum use "bypass". It's just "6", and business 6 is just "Texas".

Obviously you are not from these parts.
dilliam
I'm a millennial who grew up in College Station since I was 2yo and while I've heard it called the bypass, the large majority of ppl always just referred to it as "6" or "Highway 6".
halibut sinclair
To longtime Bryan folks, Highway 6 has been known as the Bypass or East Bypass since it opened in the early 70s. Conversely, FM 2818 or Harvey Mitchell Parkway was known as the West Bypass when it opened.

https://150.bryantx.gov/timeline-1961-1990/

One of the biggest changes to affect Bryan in the last 75 years occurred in the early 1970s as the Highway 6 Bypass opened to traffic. This four-lane highway that curved around Bryan's downtown, commercial and residential districts wasn't necessarily the death knell for a declining Downtown Bryan, but it certainly didn't help as development now started to move out to the east and south of downtown. The Bypass did accomplish one thing almost immediately, however: Getting heavy trucks off Texas Avenue.
EBrazosAg
AG
It was the Bypass and Texas Ave when I was in school here mid 80s for sure. Not 6 and business 6
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BQ_90
AG
can we take the bypass argument to another thread
maroon barchetta
BQ_90 said:

The Bypass helps people get to where they are coming and going.
war hymn aggie
AG
BQ_90 said:

so, you're saying that we should bypass the bypass argument?
Fbuckie
Stampede (https://www.stationstampede.com/about) coming soon sign up at Post Oak Mall where Southerns was located.
maroon barchetta
Fbuckie said:

Stampede (https://www.stationstampede.com/about) coming soon sign up at Post Oak Mall where Southerns was located.

A good live venue besides Harry's would be helpful.
GSS
maroon barchetta said:

Fbuckie said:

A good live venue besides Harry's would be helpful.

The video on their promo looks..... disappointing.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Rapier108
rocketscience said:

Bones2012 said:

New Fedex distribution center.
Any idea if it is going to be just replacing the facility they have down the road, or is this going to be like what they have in Hutchins?

Hopefully it is the latter because Hutchins is where B/CS gets most of its shipments from, and they get jammed up almost every week.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Captn_Ag05
AG
A few additional images of the plan for the Rev building in Northgate (315 College Main)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.