BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

668,455 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
montegobay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And when this closes because it's a terrible business idea, Texags will lament another local business gone.
woodiewood1
MsDoubleD81 said:

Near Pinots.
Near Hower Hoint.
PS3D
The Brazos Kid said:

Birddog said:

What is the plan for the Chicken Oil? Pass by there every day but not much is happening.

Video I shot a few days after the fire:

It was a little hard to tell what the destroyed items were but it looks like the main dining room is intact save for some smoke damage.
The Brazos Kid
PS3D said:

The Brazos Kid said:

Birddog said:

What is the plan for the Chicken Oil? Pass by there every day but not much is happening.

It was a little hard to tell what the destroyed items were but it looks like the main dining room is intact save for some smoke damage.

Primary issue is smoke damage. The majority of memorabilia will be saved. Fire was mostly contained to kitchen/prep area.
toolshed
AG
I wonder if Chicken Oil is reworking the building plans/ site for the redevelopment to come at that intersection.

If I recall correctly, the Midtown plans showed Old College realigning through the old abandoned building between Chicken Oil and J Cody's. Then the existing road becoming a promenade of sorts.

I imagine the city will push for them to do an actual paved parking lot as well instead of the disaster they currently have.

But I could be wrong.
CEAg78
AG
The Brazos Kid said:

PS3D said:

The Brazos Kid said:

Birddog said:

Primary issue is smoke damage. The majority of memorabilia will be saved. Fire was mostly contained to kitchen/prep area.

Considering the grease and dust on the animal heads, the kitchen fire system and fire department did a great job of keeping the whole thing from burning down.

Lots of work to pass the health inspection.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
TyHolden
AG
CEAg78 said:

The Brazos Kid said:

PS3D said:

The Brazos Kid said:

Birddog said:

Lots of work to pass the health inspection.

Come on, it never passed before. That's what makes it special.
ratfacemcdougal
PS3D said:

The Brazos Kid said:

Birddog said:

Smoke damage has not slowed down Martin's
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans submitted to City of Bryan for Phase 1 of the Shops at Hudson Oaks (corner of University and Corporate Center Drive - 3349 University Drive East).

Development site plan with all phases below. I believe the apartments are to be a senior living facility.

HersheyMonroe
Any idea when Andy's opens?
AggieAces06
AG
I saw a "training in progress" sign at Gringos. Does that mean they are having a soft opening?
MsDoubleD81
AG
Sunday and Monday for their insider card holders.
MsDoubleD81
AG
But need to make reservations online. Nothing left.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
https://lepetitcochon.net/
FlyRod
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

By the Napa Flats folks.
lockett93
AG

I've heard this will be in the Pie n the sky building.
maroon barchetta
FlyRod said:

By the Napa Flats folks.

There is going to be a Napa Flats at Tower Point?
trouble
AG
Correct
trouble
AG
No, the Napa Flats people own the new French place
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

No, the Napa Flats people own the new French place

I see.
TyHolden
AG

saw them working on it today. was wondering what that was.
crbongos
AG
Tom Kenny (Napa Flats) and Johnnie Poche (1860) are opening the French restaraunt at former Pie location at Tower Point.
CRBongo
AggiePhil
AG
OP, Crumbl and D-Bat are now open. Gringo's opens in two days.
happyinBCS
WHEN IS TOTAL WINE OPENING, I am heading to Co and need to partake of their great prices before I leave
AG81
AG
crbongos said:

Tom Kenny (Napa Flats) and Johnnie Poche (1860) are opening the French restaraunt at former Pie location at Tower Point.

I hope it's quieter than 1860 Italia. Can't hardly hear the person next to you there.
Bullpen Chias
AG
AG81 said:

crbongos said:

I hope it's quieter than 1860 Italia. Can't hardly hear the person next to you there.

It ain't Cotton Patch
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

We got a link from Facebook this morning to get $80 worth of curbside today. Everything went well. Food was good temp and flavor. Good service. Lots of leftovers
AG
You must be El jefe gringo!
memelord
ZachTheGoodAg
AG
When did the Bryan IHOP on Hwy 6 shut down? We went to eat there yesterday after church and were surprised to see it was closed.

ZTGA
trouble
AG
They had a small fire the other morning. They are only closed until repairs are done.
phillytex24
Prior to the pandemic, the Whataburger on Dominik was supposed to be expanded into a two-story restaurant. That's why the Gumby's moved; they bought that space for the expansion. Any word if Whatabuger is still going to do this?
bcstx06
phillytex24 said:

Prior to the pandemic, the Whataburger on Dominik was supposed to be expanded into a two-story restaurant. That's why the Gumby's moved; they bought that space for the expansion. Any word if Whatabuger is still going to do this?

That and the area was also supposed to get a new Whataburger in the Bryan a target center. I don't know if they were putting all that on hold for now since Whataburger is now going through a big national expansion.
BryanPooch
Quote:

crbongos said:

"I hope it's quieter than 1860 Italia. Can't hardly hear the person next to you there"

We heartily agree. It's dark interior is reminiscent of coastal restaurants in the 1980s. But the noise level from hard surfaces is OMG bad. We like the food but are too old for that noise. We were one of just two tables late one afternoon and it was still terrible.
BryanPooch
MsDoubleD81
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

We got a link from Facebook this morning to get $80 worth of curbside today. Everything went well. Food was good temp and flavor. Good service. Lots of leftovers

Went last night. Queso loco is the bomb!! El Capitan and the tres amigos enchilada plate excellent!

Good service. They have waitstaff from Houston training servers. I thought our trainee was better than the veteran as he had a bit of an attitude.

The inside layout reminds me of a Pappadeaux.

Can't wait to go back!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.