BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

664,664 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. That's what I said I was speculating, based on the work going on, alcohol sales permit sign and Big Dawg BBQ truck now parked there full time.
ChampsAg
Navasota is really growing in the nightlife scene. Have high school friends working there and they rave about it
techno-ag
AG
ChampsAg said:

Navasota is really growing in the nightlife scene. Have high school friends working there and they rave about it
"Deep South" SoCo.
PS3D
There was something on TDLR TABS about a motel on Highway 21 converting to "luxury apartments" but the address was near where BCS Fish & Ribs was, the price of remodeling too low, the scope of the building too small, and indicating that the apartments still won't have any laundry facilities.

The only motels on 21 is the El Camino, Motel 6, and the Relax Inn.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Anyone know when Gringo's is supposed to open?
Gringo's posted on their FB page this morning that they are trying for a mid to late July opening.
Captn_Ag05
AG
An Aqua Tots swim school is going in the Bryan Towne Center near Target.

https://www.aqua-tots.com/
KidDoc
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

An Aqua Tots swim school (https://www.aqua-tots.com/) is going in the Bryan Towne Center near Target.

This is badly needed in this region.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
double b
AG
How many year-round swim schools does BCS need? Did another one just recently open?
MiMi
S
Quote:

How many year-round swim schools does BCS need? Did another one just recently open?
BCS Swim School just opened in College Station.
TyHolden
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

and it was full in a day....
double b
AG
TyHolden said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

and it was full in a day....
That's awesome for BCS swim. I hope both of them can survive this town.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Sink or swim
KidDoc
AG
I struggle with trying to help families get swim lessons. It was of course worsened by COVID but it is still a huge issue. I've lost more patients to drowning than any other cause and it is preventable.

The problem is really bad in rural poor families with no access to pools in families for generations. When parents don't know how to swim they often don't seek out lessons for their children because it simply isn't in their field of interest.

Sorry for derail just a soapbox issue for me since I don't like patients dying from preventable causes. It really should be part of kinder or elementary school curriculum.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bcstx06
I wonder how many stories these apartments on W Villa Maria will be? Seems like they will be pretty tall. One building alone will have 100 beds and each floor will be 9,750sqft. Since it's by the bed I'm sure it's student housing. https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2022%20SDRC/5-24-2022/CU22-05,%201015%20W%20Villa%20Maria,%2005-24-22.pdf
BCSWguru
Dude at Fritella told me they are closing after this week. Can anyone confirm?
histag10
AG
LSCSN said:

What? No!!!!!!

I saw someone post that they had weird hours this week and were wondering what was going on.
trouble
AG
I just heard that as well
TXAGBQ76
AG
He's been trying to sell it some time now. It appears he was asking too much.
Collectonian
LSCSN said:

Oh man, I hope this is wrong
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
eloc62
I also heard the bad news today about Fritella's. Guess I'll go there tomorrow to get my fave Lasagna Siciliana one last time.
ratfacemcdougal
PS3D said:

There was something on TDLR TABS about a motel on Highway 21 converting to "luxury apartments" but the address was near where BCS Fish & Ribs

Here is your motel...615 San Jacinto

https://goo.gl/maps/C6roRuEnHdw95GjXA
Tailgate88
AG
On the BCS Meals and Deals FB page there is a thread about Fritellas with people both swearing they talked to the owner and it was closing for good AND swearing they talked to the owner and there will be new owners.

halibut sinclair
Frittella, not Frittella's. It doesn't belong to some guy named Frittella.

BlueMiles
AG
What's the timeline on those posts? I don't have a facebook account. There had been a couple running the place for a while (possible new owners), but last time I was there (about a week ago), the original owner was there. Thanks in advance.
Collectonian
BlueMiles said:

What's the timeline on those posts? I don't have a facebook account. There had been a couple running the place for a while (possible new owners), but last time I was there (about a week ago), the original owner was there. Thanks in advance.

Within the last 24 hours, two different threads. Someone posted they called and spoke with the owner (and indeed, fairly new owners of the place). Said owner confirmed that Saturday is the last day. A second poster who was dining in said it was confirmed while they were there as well.

Meanwhile, also looks like Kluay Kluay has permanently closed? Did I miss the news in my sleep-deprived state?
ratfacemcdougal
Collectonian said:

BlueMiles said:

Within the last 24 hours, two different threads. Someone posted they called and spoke with the owner (and indeed, fairly new owners of the place). Said owner confirmed that Saturday is the last day. A second poster who was dining in said it was confirmed while they were there as well.

Meanwhile, also looks like Kluay Kluay has permanently closed? Did I miss the news in my sleep-deprived state?
BCS Meals and Deals group says Kluay Kluay is still open.
trouble
AG
Did that post get deleted?
trouble
AG
His daughter was tagged in one of the meals and deals posts and she hasn't responded
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks (and thanks to Collectonian as well). When we were there, we asked a family member of the original owners (niece?). She claimed she did not know what was going to happen. I suspect she just did not want to answer any more questions about it.
trouble
AG
I'm gonna miss them if they do close. I lived right there when they opened. I was so happy they opened since I missed pino's in Houston so much! The owner and his brother owned pino's
Collectonian
trouble said:

Did that post get deleted?

Weird, apparently it did. *scratching head* Yay if they are still open though
Marooned_n_Aggieland
7 Brew Drive Thru Coffee coming to Caprock Crossing facing Fitch.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Plans for the new Lux apartment approved by Bryan city council across the street from Blinn.

https://wtaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/BryCoun051722rezoningRedRiverApplicantPres.pdf

Pages 31 and 41
ratfacemcdougal
the post is back again from alexi person
phillytex24
histag10 said:

LSCSN said:

What? No!!!!!!

I saw someone post that they had weird hours this week and were wondering what was going on.

So sad, I haven't eaten there in 10 years after a bad meal there. Their glory days in the early 2000s were amazing. They did a great job turning that Aggie Taco Bell into a beautiful place to eat.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.