BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

664,486 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bullpen Chias said:

Lots of great stuff going on overall.

Not seeing much on the list for College Station Midtown. Overall a bit disappointing so far. Think they could have done some really cool homes there. Instead, slapping em up. Any rumors there on development?
Midtown retail/commercial may be about 10 years too soon to be highly developed. Tower Point and the Atlas/Lake Walk area may take away some of the energy there.

Boy, those dwellings just off of Rock Prairie are sure close together. I suspect, they will end of all being rental property?
Bullpen Chias
AG
Yeah. It seemed like Midtown had the potential to be really special. Could have taken inspiration from some areas with very nice setups. Instead opted for tract housing. I guess tempting for developers if they can get $200sq ft for that stuff.
maroon barchetta
Bullpen Chias said:

Yeah. It seemed like Midtown had the potential to be really special. Could have taken inspiration from some areas with very nice setups. Instead opted for tract housing. I guess tempting for developers if they can get $200sq ft for that stuff.

And the city gets "more rooftops" to tax!!!
AG81
AG
AgSportsFan said:

Unless you consider the fact that Bastrop and the 290 locations are no where near an interstate.

Two points, and one has been made. Hwy 6 in College Station doesn't remotely have the traffic that 290 and the 71/21 intersection in Bastrop has. Not remotely. Second, the interstate model is their plan GOING FORWARD. Past business decisions doesn't mean they'll make those same business decisions in the future.
halibut sinclair
AG81 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Looks like Olympic Automotive has relocated from their spot on 29th across from Bryan High to down the road at 29th and Briar Oaks.

The owner said it was temporary. They'll be moving back to their previous location.

Remodeling?
Bucketrunner
We call it the MidTown Detention Center.
Captn_Ag05
AG
More about Big Shots

Quote:

BigShots Golf Aggieland features 60 high-tech tee boxes and is intended for players of all ages and skill levels. Novice players, families and children can take part in interactive games such as Knockout and Pinball, while avid golfers can play full rounds on virtual golf courses all over the world.

The venue will include private event space, outdoor patio with yard games, fire pits, an 18-hole family-friendly mini-golf course and two sports bars serving innovated menu items, such as a PB&J Burger, house specialties, and signature cocktails.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
staff can this get stickyed and put up top to replace the 2021 sticky?
maroon barchetta
Captn_Ag05 said:

More about Big Shots

Quote:

BigShots Golf Aggieland features 60 high-tech tee boxes and is intended for players of all ages and skill levels. Novice players, families and children can take part in interactive games such as Knockout and Pinball, while avid golfers can play full rounds on virtual golf courses all over the world.

The venue will include private event space, outdoor patio with yard games, fire pits, an 18-hole family-friendly mini-golf course and two sports bars serving innovated menu items, such as a PB&J Burger, house specialties, and signature cocktails.

chickencoupe16
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

More about Big Shots

Quote:

Burger Mojo did (still does?) have one that used Uncrustables as the buns. Messy as hell but pretty good.
Eliminatus
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

More about Big Shots

Quote:

Burger Mojo did (still does?) have one that used Uncrustables as the buns. Messy as hell but pretty good.

The PB Cool J was incredible. Hasn't been on the menu in months though. Don't think they do "secret menu" stuff either.
Costa and Andreas
Eliminatus said:

chickencoupe16 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

More about Big Shots

Quote:

The PB Cool J was incredible. Hasn't been on the menu in months though. Don't think they do "secret menu" stuff either.

We have always had the PB COOL J available on request continuously since taking off the menu! Only reason it came off is because we ran out of physical space and chose to remove the items that had the least broad appeal.

Thanks for the mention!
chickencoupe16
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Eliminatus said:

chickencoupe16 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

More about Big Shots

Quote:

We have always had the PB COOL J available on request continuously since taking off the menu! Only reason it came off is because we ran out of physical space and chose to remove the items that had the least broad appeal.

Thanks for the mention!

If anyone's interested, fair warning: go HUNGRY.
AG81
AG
wareagle044
AG81 said:

AgSportsFan said:

Unless you consider the fact that Bastrop and the 290 locations are no where near an interstate.

Two points, and one has been made. Hwy 6 in College Station doesn't remotely have the traffic that 290 and the 71/21 intersection in Bastrop has. Not remotely. Second, the interstate model is their plan GOING FORWARD. Past business decisions doesn't mean they'll make those same business decisions in the future.

Anyone have any insight to the passageway that will become I14 in this area? The most recent article I read about it mentioned that highway 6 could be used as part of its 2023 expansion. It would make some sense for Buccees at 6/Fitch if a portion of I-14 runs through there before shifting up toward 30 and Huntsville or as part of the I214 loop ?
FILO505
AG
Any news on the "Whole Fried Chickens" that was supposed to pop up on Rock Prairie in the Papa John's strip center?
lockett93
AG
wareagle044 said:

AG81 said:

AgSportsFan said:

Anyone have any insight to the passageway that will become I14 in this area? The most recent article I read about it mentioned that highway 6 could be used as part of its 2023 expansion. It would make some sense for Buccees at 6/Fitch if a portion of I-14 runs through there before shifting up toward 30 and Huntsville or as part of the I214 loop ?

What's been shared has been coming across hwy 190 thru Hearne and then down to hwy 21/190 east to Madisonville then south to Huntsville…. With a supposed interstate loop for BCS https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3240289
maroon barchetta
FILO505 said:

Any news on the "Whole Fried Chickens" that was supposed to pop up on Rock Prairie in the Papa John's strip center?

I don't know, but Jake and Elwood are going to be excited.
techno-ag
AG
wareagle044 said:

AG81 said:

AgSportsFan said:

IIRC there were two proposed routes, Hwy 30 and Hwy 21 and they went for the 21 route.
TommyBrady
AG
Nothing has been decided for sure yet. Most likely will be a 21 and 30 mix so they don't have to go so far north after BCS
JayHowdy!
FILO505 said:

Looks like they are still under construction.
techno-ag
AG
TommyBrady said:

Nothing has been decided for sure yet. Most likely will be a 21 and 30 mix so they don't have to go so far north after BCS
I think there was talk about a loop connecting both cities.
AgSportsFan
AG
Doesn't mean things can't change in the future either
MS08
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Hornbeck said:

Paisanos is moving to the strip center off Rock Prairie by Jersey Mike's, from what I understand.

They are going to blow up big time now. Unknown gem for most

Don't know about this spot but that location works for me. I'll try it!
phillytex24
Drove by Red Lobster and saw all the lights on. It looks like it might be opening back up.
trouble
AG
The lights have been on.
PS3D
The Starbucks at Wellborn and Southwest Parkway is now open.
AggieBaseball06
AG
PS3D said:

The Starbucks at Wellborn and Southwest Parkway is now open.

I work with primarily college students and several of them were talking earlier this week about how they hope people don't realize this for a while because the lines have been so short.
Rexter
phillytex24 said:

Drove by Red Lobster and saw all the lights on. It looks like it might be opening back up.

The lights are on but nobody's home…
GiveEmHellBill
AG
phillytex24 said:

The lights have been on every time I've passed there since they closed down.
Tookieclothespin
AG
Atlas/lake walk is far too inaccessible from the rest of town for major retail to be developed without a better 2818 access point or something. No thanks.
FJB
toolshed
AG
Plenty easy for those of us in Bryan to get to. I look forward to the new stuff coming in there, and it not being overrun/ overcrowded since it is out of the way from the South CS folks.
wareagle044
Still a bit of a hassle in my opinion to go there from east side of Bryan - much easier for me to get to south CS than Lake Walk CS Midtown may even end up being easier for me to access than either Bryan Midtown and for sure Lake Walk. I hope more goes into Downtown Bryan or north closer to 6
Aggie
AG
PS3D said:

Google reports that Raising Cane's in the mall closed. I can't figure out when this happened, though...

Still waiting on Raising Canes to put a location in Tower Point area.
FlyRod
Sigh up for a Nashville hot chicken place coming soon where The Spot is ok Northgate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.