BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,006 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
J182
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Art of War in Downtown Bryan is closed according to their Facebook

👽
Broncos
AG81 said:

Broncos said:

mason12 said:

The car wash next to sonic at Wellborn and Rock Prairie is in the process of being torn down right now! I hadn't heard anything about it previously.
There's an entire thread about it and if it was worth flipping.
No, it was a thread about where else to get your car wash, nothing about why it's being torn down, what's going in there, etc.
It's clearly about flipping it for profit. Did you even read it?
UmustBKidding
I saw nothing about it being flipped other than what tailgate titled his link.
So here is the tax record for the place
https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/112843
Looks like the owner since 2011 sold it in March of last year to Drews Carwash No 5 LLC. This may coincide with it maintenance becoming non existent, but I was not a regular user of the facility. None of the local car washes named Drews tax records have the mailing address as this location (in Montgomery) and only a few have owner entity names styled "Drews .. No X".
So maybe its going to be a car wash again, I have no clue. And directing the collective Ire at the long time owner about lack of maintenance over the last year is likely misdirected also. And directing it toward the other local Drews location may or may not be appropriate, but don't let me tell you who to direct your displeasure to.

TommyBrady
AG
The former owner worked his butt off to keep that place up. I met him a few times and he was a good Ag. He's getting up there in age and I'm sure he was tired of doing it all himself. Just my opinion on the matter.
UmustBKidding
Never met him, but saw someone working there on equipment often. I respected him for actually posting a phone number to contact them about issues. So many locations around were something is broken and you talk to nearby business and they don't own the the car wash and complain that the owner fixes nothing and people constantly show up to complain about something they have no control over.
TyHolden
AG
Crumbl Cookies is opening this Friday at 8am. I imagine teenage girls and boys will start lining up Thursday night.
techno-ag
AG
TyHolden said:

Crumbl Cookies is opening this Friday at 8am. I imagine teenage girls and boys will start lining up Thursday night.
And some TexAgs posters.
ShawnTxAg
AG
BCSWguru
TyHolden said:

the blueberry muffin cookie they have on the menu this week is legit.
MiMi
S
Quote:

So maria mias is opening in the old ninfas off hwy 6? Same owner, different name?
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3272348
ShawnTxAg
AG
Thanks
Tailgate88
AG
UmustBKidding said:

I saw nothing about it being flipped other than what tailgate titled his link.
So here is the tax record for the place
https://esearch.brazoscad.org/Property/View/112843
Looks like the owner since 2011 sold it in March of last year to Drews Carwash No 5 LLC. This may coincide with it maintenance becoming non existent, but I was not a regular user of the facility. None of the local car washes named Drews tax records have the mailing address as this location (in Montgomery) and only a few have owner entity names styled "Drews .. No X".
So maybe its going to be a car wash again, I have no clue. And directing the collective Ire at the long time owner about lack of maintenance over the last year is likely misdirected also. And directing it toward the other local Drews location may or may not be appropriate, but don't let me tell you who to direct your displeasure to.

If it's going to be a car wash again they are going to rebuild it from the ground up. I drove by there an hour ago and it has been reduced to a pile of rocks.
TyHolden
AG
Why is Texas Roadhouse always packed? Any major city, it's always empty.
b0ridi
TyHolden said:

Because of the college girls that work there?
tb9665
People are brainwashed here.
aggiepaintrain
AG
The past (3) to go orders they have graciously included rock hard rolls

I'm about done with TXRH
TommyBrady
AG
Y'all should def stop going there especially on Weekends.

For some reason every suburb in Dallas that has one is constantly packed as well.
AG81
AG
Broncos said:

AG81 said:

Broncos said:

mason12 said:

The car wash next to sonic at Wellborn and Rock Prairie is in the process of being torn down right now! I hadn't heard anything about it previously.
There's an entire thread about it and if it was worth flipping.
No, it was a thread about where else to get your car wash, nothing about why it's being torn down, what's going in there, etc.
It's clearly about flipping it for profit. Did you even read it?

Clearly you didn't. You just read the title. Pipe down kid.
jja79
AG
TyHolden said:

The ones in the Houston area are always packed. I spent 8 weeks in Phoenix in the fall and those are busier than that.
JMac03
AG
May have been mentioned but whatever that hotel on Texas is behind Jack in the Box (not sure ever opened) now says open and has "Aggieland Boutique Hotel"
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I lived in Florida for a while. The one there was always packed, too. I don't think I've ever been to one that wasn't.
rocketscience
AG
Jordan's Lofts will allegedly break ground tomorrow. I say allegedly because it has been teasing construction for 5 years I think. Hopefully it's real this time. More density and people living in downtown Bryan is always a good thing, especially on that end toward Ronin.

https://www.facebook.com/events/3088556391386724/?ref=newsfeed

https://wtaw.com/city-of-bryan-update-on-wtaw-150/
techno-ag
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

I lived in Florida for a while. The one there was always packed, too. I don't think I've ever been to one that wasn't.
Ditto for the one in Tennessee I visited a while back.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
TyHolden
AG
techno-ag said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Ditto for the one in Tennessee I visited a while back.
I'm guessing I don't know my TRHs well enough...will give the one in CS a try when I can get in.

MiMi
S
Quote:

will give the one in CS a try when I can get in.
Texas Roadhouse is on our rotation list and we visit about once a month. We never have to wait for a table. The Call-Ahead seating works great and we get on the list before we leave the house. Also, we try not to go during peak hours and are walking out the restaurant door before the crowds decide to go out for dinner. Their food is not worth waiting for an hour or more for a table.
The Anchor
AG
Please move the Texas Roadhouse talk to a different thread. It is neither coming nor going.
BQ_90
AG
The Anchor said:

Please move the Texas Roadhouse talk to a different thread. It is neither coming nor going.
not much on the last 2 pages have been. Which is odd, this board tends to be heavily overmoderated
war hymn aggie
AG
IMO, Nobody goes to Texas Roadhouse anymore.....mainly because it's too crowded.
PS3D
JMac03 said:

May have been mentioned but whatever that hotel on Texas is behind Jack in the Box (not sure ever opened) now says open and has "Aggieland Boutique Hotel"
TRYP by Wyndham didn't last, huh? I guess that's better than closing entirely like the hotel across the street.

By the way, the new store at Texas Avenue Crossing (George Bush and Texas) will be a Boot Barn. Not sure if it will move from Bryan.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I may have missed it, but what's going in under the new water tower near BS&W?
mason12
AG
Another medical office building owned by Scott and white.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The people that own The Temecula Stampede in California are opening a location in College Station. I believe where Southerns was briefly.

https://www.thetemeculastampede.com/
JaxDad
AG
I noticed that Boomtown BBQ is now out of business. Hard tom make it on average BBQ and runny sauce.
MiMi
S
Quote:

I noticed that Boomtown BBQ is now out of business. Hard tom make it on average BBQ and runny sauce.
If you search this thread a few pages back, there was an extensive discussion on Boomtown's closure.

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/02/20/local-restaurant-closes-due-supply-chain-shortages/
Bullpen Chias
AG
Plenty of elite BBQ places have runny sauce. Nevertheless, I was rooting for them because it had a fast food BBQ thing going. Nice alternative to the $30pp I dropped at Coopers last night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.