BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,031 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Poco Loco Market, based out of central Texas, is going to build in the former Best Pawn/Weiner's at the southwest corner of Highway 21 and Texas Avenue.

I'm not sure if it will have a gas station component or not.
toolshed
AG
Bold move with the packed H-E-B (ethnically tailored to the market around them), and La Michoacana on opposite corners.

Don't know anything about this one, maybe they're a better/ viable option for the location.
Aggie
AG
TXAG 05 said:

phillytex24 said:

Coopers aint gonna last. $30 for me to eat there! Plus hard to get to. Not going back.

It's been there 4-5 years now. I think they are doing ok. Real BBQ is just expensive.

4-5 years??

They have been open in CS two and half years

They opened in November 2019
EBrazosAg
AG
I started to say, but then bit my tongue….. even though early 2020 was a pretty clear break…..and I have to say ….. it's the only place in town where I have bought brisket so salty I thought someone erred in the rub recipe…… and I have driven to the Llano location multiple times as a fan …..I don't include it in my local decision at all.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jac4
AG
toolshed said:

Bold move with the packed H-E-B (ethnically tailored to the market around them), and La Michoacana on opposite corners.

Don't know anything about this one, maybe they're a better/ viable option for the location.

Maybe it's like the chicken tender business. You need critical mass in a small area to break through.
TXAG 05
AG
Aggie said:

TXAG 05 said:

phillytex24 said:

Coopers aint gonna last. $30 for me to eat there! Plus hard to get to. Not going back.

It's been there 4-5 years now. I think they are doing ok. Real BBQ is just expensive.

4-5 years??

Is that it? Feels like it's been there a lot longer
happyinBCS
there is no way they have a positive cash flow way too much overhead and not enough business
AgsWin2011
AG
Cooper's in CS is average at best. For the price, it downright sucks.

Go to 1775 for good BBQ. For decent priced BBQ, go to C&J.
AG81
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

Yet they continue to thrive despite your opinion. Could it be that many, many people disagree with your view?
AG81
AG
Aggie said:

TXAG 05 said:

phillytex24 said:

4-5 years??

And they've been voted Best in Brazos every year they've been open.
halibut sinclair
We like Cooper's. The bbq is very good and the atmosphere, bar and tasty serve yourself beans put it over the rest for us.
Aggie
AG
AG81 said:

Aggie said:

TXAG 05 said:

phillytex24 said:

4-5 years??

Best of the Brazos is 100% meaningless .. really means nothing

I don't not like Coopers but as far as Best in BV.. Coopers … No lol
Tailgate88
AG
Per someone posting on Nextdoor that is working at the site, Maria Mia's to open on the 2nd.
TXAG 05
AG
happyinBCS said:

there is no way they have a positive cash flow way too much overhead and not enough business

If that was the case, I doubt they would still be open. Businesses that don't make any money tend to close.
Hittag1492
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

In my opinion, Coopers is pretty solid, it just gets hated on by the BBQ truck loving/stand in line free beer loving crowd. I didn't say it was the best as I agree 1775 is better, but two totally different experiences. If I want to have a good sit down meal and drinks than that eliminates any choice between the two-Coopers all the way. If I want the best BBQ period, I go to 1775 though.

On C&J, I never liked it much. It is the definition of average at best you stated above-not even close to Coopers. I have also learned not to make blanket statements-everyone has an opinion, especially with food/drink. None of these options "suck" - that is where people just go overboard and lose all credibility.
TommyBrady
AG
The Sirloin at Coopers with free beans and endless refills makes for a damn good meal.

Jalapeño and Cheese sausage wrap at C&J w/ a little bbq sauce is pretty damn good.

1775 basically everything pretty damn good.

All 3 are doing fine and will continue to give us pretty damn good food.
Captn_Ag05
AG
PS3D said:

Poco Loco Market, based out of central Texas, is going to build in the former Best Pawn/Weiner's at the southwest corner of Highway 21 and Texas Avenue.

I'm not sure if it will have a gas station component or not.
Thanks for a post about something that is actually coming or going...
halibut sinclair
toolshed said:

I am a gringo and prefer the 21/Texas HEB to all the others. Easier to get in and out, nice selection of products and the people are super friendly. Will definitely check out Poco Loco.
AG81
AG
Aggie said:

AG81 said:

Aggie said:

TXAG 05 said:

phillytex24 said:

4-5 years??

Best of the Brazos is 100% meaningless .. really means nothing

I don't not like Coopers but as far as Best in BV.. Coopers … No lol

Right. It's not like people actually voted for it or anything.
Tailgate88
AG
Take the snipping to PMs or start a BBQ thread. Let's get back to comings and goings.
Broncos
Tailgate88 said:

Take the snipping to PMs or start a BBQ thread. Let's get back to comings and goings.

I'm going to one of the BBQ places. Who's coming with me?
BiochemAg97
AG
Broncos said:

Tailgate88 said:

I'm going to one of the BBQ places. Who's coming with me?

I'm down. When and where? We can even do the circuit and try them all over time.
trouble
AG
I just ate at C&J
ElephantRider
AG
As far as mediocre BBQ goes, Rudy's >>>>>>> C&J
TyHolden
AG
And we're back to bbq wars again….
PS3D
"Petit Cochon" (lit. "little pig") is coming to the former Bush's Chicken in south College Station. They have applied for a mixed beverage permit from TABC. (And we can eliminate that location as a potential option for SoFly)
MsDoubleD81
AG
Just in time for Cinco de Mayo! Any word on Gringos?
BQwolf05
AG
TyHolden said:

And we're back to bbq wars again….
Lets see if this works...

Started a Aggieland BBQ Wars Thread
Captn_Ag05
AG
Plans submitted for an 8-story apartment complex, called the Everett, at the corner of College Main and Cherry (500 College Main). The submission calls it an A&M Student Housing Complex. I am not sure if that means A&M has involvement in it or just how they are identifying the project.
Tailgate88
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Just in time for Cinco de Mayo! Any word on Gringos?
Per their Facebook page: "We wish we could say it'd be May, but it's looking more like June right now! We'll share more updates soon."

Also it looks like they have a club like the Landry's reward card... $25 to join but you get a $25 food credit immediately, and right now if you sign up before May 8 you get an extra $10. Then it's $5 reward for every $100 you spend after.

https://www.gringostexmex.com/

Tookieclothespin
AG
maroon barchetta said:

bcstx06 said:

Around 94 acres on the HWY 6 feeder road between the Bryan Target center and University drive is being rezoned from Agricultural Open to Planned Development for potential multi-use development. I always wondered why so much land along the feeder road has sat empty all these years. I guess now we will finally see development. Let's get this right City of Bryan! Help attract quality business to whatever this develops into.

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2022%20SDRC/04-19-2022/RZ22-06,%20Rezoning%20Map,%2004-19-22.pdf

A bunch of it looks wet pretty often to me.
pretty sure it's in a floodplain. they just need to bite the bullet and make it a waterpark already.
FJB
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Plans submitted for an 8-story apartment complex, called the Everett, at the corner of College Main and Cherry (500 College Main). The submission calls it an A&M Student Housing Complex. I am not sure if that means A&M has involvement in it or just how they are identifying the project.
Glad to hear about another one over there.

PATSIN (put all the students in Northgate).
dilliam
@Captn_Ags, I think It's replacing an old, janky house. This is a solid development for sure, but seems like a pretty small lot for 10 stories. I'm curious about how they are going to fit parking into the lot. Or maybe they'll get a parking variance from the city, which would be pretty awesome.
Captn_Ag05
AG
dilliam said:

@Captn_Ags, I think It's replacing an old, janky house. This is a solid development for sure, but seems like a pretty small lot for 10 stories. I'm curious about how they are going to fit parking into the lot. Or maybe they'll get a parking variance from the city, which would be pretty awesome.
I would think an 8-story building would have parking included either under ground or as part of the first couple of floors of the development.
aggies4life
AG
Sorry if already posted, but what is going in near sonic on welborn and rock prairie where the car wash was....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.