BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

665,646 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TyHolden said:

When is Gringos opening?

I haven't seen any work on Trudy's yet either. I went by there yesterday seeing if they'd let me sample a Mexican Martini and NOBODY was there. I'm thinking this was a bad rumor and I'll hunt you down.
Interviews are happening now and "mid to late July" is the last update on their Facebook page.
bcstx06
There is a sign on HWY 21 for a new Drew's Carwash near the HEB. Looks like Drew is trying to take over the market before Rapid Express does.
Bad Poster
bcstx06 said:

There is a sign on HWY 21 for a new Drew's Carwash near the HEB. Looks like Drew is trying to take over the market before Rapid Express does.

None of them are as good as aggieland express
FlyRod
Any updates on the rumor we're getting a Total Wine?
Koko Chingo
AG
FlyRod said:

Any updates on the rumor we're getting a Total Wine?

Went to Jason's Deli the other day. They were painting the exterior getting ready for signage. Taking a peek inside, they had a bunch of metal framing getting installed.

They are actively working on it.
Slagathor
AG
"Appliances 4 Less" going in where the uniform store used to be in the Carter Creek Center on 29th in Bryan. Saw them unloading appliances into the store yesterday.

Any word on the Trackside Kolaches that is supposed to go where Cake Junkie used to be, right next to there?
MsDoubleD81
AG
Nate is the BEST!!!
Hornbeck
Rusty had a piece up on Facebook showing Total Wine is hiring for College Station. I thought TexAgs knew stuff….
AggiePhil
AG
Would LOVE a second Jason's Deli here.
Broncos
He probably got the info from TexAgs like usual.
Hornbeck
Broncos said:

He probably got the info from TexAgs like usual.

Nope, because me and one other poster asked for an update. Crickets…
trouble
AG
It wasn't a rumor so I didn't see any reason to comment on the most recent question about it
Chris98
AG
The Bryan Cane's location was originally supposed to be a Jason's Deli
MiMi
S
Signage for a Pizza Hut is up - Towerpoint in the same retail strip as 1860 Italia and Hotworx Yoga.
AggiePhil
AG
Chris98 said:

The Bryan Cane's location was originally supposed to be a Jason's Deli

Need it in south CS, not Bryan.
Tailgate88
AG
nm
maroon barchetta
MiMi said:

Signage for a Pizza Hut is up - Towerpoint in the same retail strip as 1860 Italia and Hotworx Yoga.

This is interesting considering Domino's is close by, R/X is across Fitch, Howdy's closed in that same area, and Blue Baker sells pizzas.
Hornbeck
I bet they are going to shut the one on the Highway 6 Feeder by Sew Vac City down. That would make sense.
maroon barchetta
I have not had Pizza Hut in probably 20 years. Good luck to them on this gamble.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A Shawarma Factory is going in at Texas and Redmond in College Station (next to Aspen Dental).

https://shawarmafactoryusa.com/
MsDoubleD81
AG
I have only ordered it because I had landscapers at my house all day and that is what they wanted for lunch.
phillytex24
The chicken sandwich from the Shwarma truck in Northgate is to die for! I ate it three times the first week I tried it! I can't wait for this new place, because I prefer sit down restaurants over food trucks.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I enjoy Pizza Hut from time to time, but they don't deliver to my house just outside of CS (Papa Johns and Dominos both deliver) so hopefully the new location changes that
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Zoe's closing. Just got an email last day 6/22
ShinerBlonde
AG
Just got an email from Zoe's that the CS location will be closing on June 22nd.

Edit - sorry for the double post. We must have posted at the same time!
maroon barchetta
Isn't Zoe's corporate renaming all the stores and changing the concept a bit?
BlueMiles
AG
Someone said it was changing to "Cava" but I'm not in the loop.
MiMi
S
Yes, there was a post in this thread in late May about Zoe changing to Cava.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
CAVA bought Zoe's so they are re-branding it.

its a Greek/MiddleEastern concept.

Of the 60 new Cava restaurants opening across the country this year, 55 of them are former Zoes Kitchens
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I saw that but the email did not indicate a rebrand or a "stay tuned". It was we're closing.
maroon barchetta
Technically that is true
ShinerBlonde
AG
Went to Zoe's for lunch today since they are closing down soon and they already didn't have some items (like sweet tea) and signs up for limited weekend hours. I do think it is turning into a CAVA because CAVA has a CS location listed on their hiring page but no positions posted yet.

Not sure when I will be back over there though since the parking prices are up and I don't want to park in the garage. They charge $2.70 for 1 hour of parking there now!
phillytex24
ShinerBlonde said:

Went to Zoe's for lunch today since they are closing down soon and they already didn't have some items (like sweet tea) and signs up for limited weekend hours. I do think it is turning into a CAVA because CAVA has a CS location listed on their hiring page but no positions posted yet.

Not sure when I will be back over there though since the parking prices are up and I don't want to park in the garage. They charge $2.70 for 1 hour of parking there now!

I don't go to Century Square for that very reason, ever. Do they really have to charge for parking????
AG
Aggie@state.gov said:

Of the 60 new Cava restaurants opening across the country this year, 55 of them are former Zoes Kitchens

Cava didn't buy Zoe's, the company is rebranding a majority of Zoe's to CAVA, same company, slightly revised concept and name.
lockett93
AG
1939 said:

Aggie@state.gov said:

Cava didn't buy Zoe's, the company is rebranding a majority of Zoe's to CAVA, same company, slightly revised concept and name.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/finance/cava-buys-zoes-kitchen-300-million-deal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.