BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

665,971 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
drred4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIAP, looks like a Total Wine coming beside Jason's Deli
Captn_Ag05
AG
rocketscience said:

https://www.cstx.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=18608333

Apartment complex site plan behind Jones Crossing H-E-B

Hard to get excited about another apartment complex, but I do think this could really tie the Jones Crossing development together well. It would be great to get a few more of the pad sites by CFA developed as well.
histag10
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Last time I looked, they are more expensive than the ring itself.

Yup. My husband looked at them for me at one point. Not worth it, and makes it super bulky
Captn_Ag05
AG
A 12 building, 60-unit senior living apartment is going in on Arnold Road near Rock Prairie and next to Bachmann Park.
agmom95
AG
Can you direct me on the City of College Station Website where you found that information?

Thanks!
Tailgate88
AG
agmom95 said:

Can you direct me on the City of College Station Website where you found that information?

Thanks!
College Station new developments. It's in the first post on the first page of this thread.
Captn_Ag05
AG
agmom95 said:

Thanks!
https://www.cstx.gov/departments___city_hall/pds/publications/new_development_list
NYCGuyInTX
Just looked at the City of College Station new developments webpage and noticed there were plans submitted for a new gas station/convenience store at 3001 Texas Avenue South across from the Walmart near Hwy 6.

The brand is TXB (Texas Born) which is a nice and upscale offering compared to most around BCS. I've been to one of their first stores which is located in Georgetown a number of times and really like it.

https://txbstores.com

Captn_Ag05
AG
NYCGuyInTX said:

Just looked at the City of College Station new developments webpage and noticed there were plans submitted for a new gas station/convenience store at 3001 Texas Avenue South across from the Walmart near Hwy 6.

The brand is TXB (Texas Born) which is a nice and upscale offering compared to most around BCS. I've been to one of their first stores which is located in Georgetown a number of times and really like it.

TXB is also building a location at University Dr. E and Plaza Centre in front of the Candlewood Suites.

My parents live near the one in Georgetown and I have stopped in. Nice and clean place. I tried some of their in-house products (salsa, beef jerky) and did not enjoy them.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

NYCGuyInTX said:

TXB is also building a location at University Dr. E and Plaza Centre in front of the Candlewood Suites.

My parents live near the one in Georgetown and I have stopped in. Nice and clean place. I tried some of their in-house products (salsa, beef jerky) and did not enjoy them.
Sounds like a little Buc-ee's kinda.
tfunk02
AG
First and only post? Congratulations on your store!
maroon barchetta
tfunk02 said:

First and only post? Congratulations on your store!
Captn_Ag05
AG
techno-ag said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

NYCGuyInTX said:

Sounds like a little Buc-ee's kinda.
Ehh, no Buc-ee's as far as quality of the stuff, IMO. But, the one in Georgetown looks nice, has working gas, and a clean bathroom. Some pictures from Yelp of the Georgetown location, which I imagine they will replicate at the BCS stores:

NYCGuyInTX
Everybody has a first time at everything. No, I have nothing to do with TXB. Just glad to see a nice c-store open in the area. Great coffee there too!
NYCGuyInTX
Thanks. I wasn't aware of the additional University Dr location on the other side of 6.
NYCGuyInTX
I wouldn't compare them to Buc-ee's. That is in its own class.

I like TXB because they are attractive, clean, modern, and aren't dumpy like so many gas station/c-stores around BCS and Texas. Good coffee and decent everything else in my opinion.
NYCGuyInTX
Does anyone have any update on the development that was planned for the parcel on the SE corner of Fitch and 6 across from Lowe's? That was announced as sold, but still has a for sale sign last time I looked. Rumor had it that QT (Quik Trip) was one of the businesses going in there.
Broncos
NYCGuyInTX said:

Rumor had it that QT (Quik Trip) was one of the businesses going in there.
Scoping out the competition I see.
Tailgate88
AG
NYCGuyInTX said:

Does anyone have any update on the development that was planned for the parcel on the SE corner of Fitch and 6 across from Lowe's? That was announced as sold, but still has a for sale sign last time I looked. Rumor had it that QT (Quik Trip) was one of the businesses going in there.
I saw a survey crew there a couple weeks back, so something is going on, but no idea what.
maroon barchetta
Tailgate88 said:

NYCGuyInTX said:

I saw a survey crew there a couple weeks back, so something is going on, but no idea what.

When I worked in surveying years ago and people would stop and ask us what we were surveying for, we told them either the new airport or Disney Texas location.
ElephantRider
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Tailgate88 said:

NYCGuyInTX said:

When I worked in surveying years ago and people would stop and ask us what we were surveying for, we told them either the new airport or Disney Texas location.

My crews are under strict instructions to say "I have no clue, no one told me"
trouble
AG
I just work here
Captn_Ag05
AG
?format=1000w

First image I've seen of the plans for 401 First Street. This is a 10-story mid rise designed by Parallel. They are also the firm behind the Rev high rise being built in Northgate currently. The Rev is set to open next summer and the 401 First Street property in May of 2024.
Collectonian
Captn_Ag05 said:

Ehh, no Buc-ee's as far as quality of the stuff, IMO. But, the one in Georgetown looks nice, has working gas, and a clean bathroom. Some pictures from Yelp of the Georgetown location, which I imagine they will replicate at the BCS stores:

Ohhh, I see ICEEs...
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
PS3D
NYCGuyInTX said:

Based on the plans, it looks like Circle T at Rock Prairie and Holleman (southwest corner) seems farther along. The trailer park will need to be evicted first in that case.
cslifer
Pretty sure you can't "evict" the trailer park.
JMac03
AG
cslifer said:

Pretty sure you can't "evict" the trailer park.

They are evicting the ones across from Walmart in CS. Next to the urgent care.
NYCGuyInTX
The trailer park appears to be part of the tract that TXB is going into on Texas, so that makes sense.

Is anybody familiar with Circle T that PS3D mentioned a few posts back? I'm not familiar with that brand.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Believe that's the "nice gas station" concept you see when getting off Hwy 6 and onto 105 towards Aggie Expressway.
toolshed
AG
There's one on the corner of Harvey and Booneville/ 30, across from Central Church and C&J's. I wouldn't call it nice necessarily. It's fairly clean and nice counter service the couple times I've been in there.
NYCGuyInTX
Thanks Bullpen Chias. I've been to that Circle T down in Navasota but wasn't aware of the name. I recall it was new and clean but nothing special. It also has a laundromat and a truck stop if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks also toolshed. Never noticed that location on Booneville.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Roman Delight Pizza inside Post Oak Mall had been closed for a couple of weeks but is now reopened with new ownership. They are currently operating with a limited menu but plan to have the full menu going in the next couple of weeks.
histag10
AG
The only Circle T I know of is VP on 21 at Marino Rd. It's Circle T/Aggieland Truckstop. Their food is actually pretty dang good (it tastes like they frequently clean their fryers), and their bathrooms are always clean.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Who knew there would be so much interest In gas stations.
dilliam
Captn_Ag05 said:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5a55054dd7bdce46807d4c3f/47e60e13-6ccb-4aa0-8c4b-e7168fd902e3/401_Rendering+1.jpg?format=1000w

First image I've seen of the plans for 401 First Street. This is a 10-story mid rise designed by Parallel. They are also the firm behind the Rev high rise being built in Northgate currently. The Rev is set to open next summer and the 401 First Street property in May of 2024.
Love to see it. The continued density on NG is so awesome. I can wait for our first 300 footer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.