BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

665,059 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggiePhil said:

HometownAg22 said:

Anyone know what the deal is with Hullabaloo Diner out on Wellborn. Just drove into the lot and everything is set up inside but it was closed. Says online that it's open until 8/9. The place connected to it had plenty of customers but doesn't serve a full menu. TIA. Looking for a diner in and around town since the Brenham airport one closed as well (apparently)

Looks like they're struggling to maintain even semi-regular hours. Give them some love while they're open!

They have had the same schedule for two years or more. We eat there weekly.
AggieCVQ
MS08 said:

Yes, saw the smoke shop sign. They are ubiquitous. I do not understand.

Feel like this prep for a marijuana legalization effort.

It is so dumb that MJ is illegal.
Bullpen Chias
AG
AggieCVQ said:

MS08 said:

Cause I can't wait until every corner of College Station reeks of weed...
maroon barchetta
Bullpen Chias said:

AggieCVQ said:

MS08 said:

And they are getting behind the wheel.
HometownAg22
AG
Thanks guys. We will give it another shot soon. I wasn't aware the connecting building is the same place. Walked in and it was just a few items to order. It's been years since we have gone so we were looking for the full diner experience. I'll try again soon
histag10
AG
If you really want a diner, Penny's in Hearne isn't bad. It is a small chain though.
LastHamlet
AG
Better than nasty ass cigarettes.
Bullpen Chias
AG
IMO, it's not even close. The proliferation of legal pot around the US has made trips into downtowns a sorry experience. Whole place smells like skunk.

Maybe I just got used to the cigarette smoke, I'm not sure, but the pot smell is everywhere when I travel (NYC, LA, SF, Chicago)
maroon barchetta
LastHamlet said:

maroon barchetta
HometownAg22 said:

Thanks guys. We will give it another shot soon. I wasn't aware the connecting building is the same place. Walked in and it was just a few items to order. It's been years since we have gone so we were looking for the full diner experience. I'll try again soon

Check social media before you go to see menu and hours
trouble
AG
Pot vs cigarette smells isn't coming or going, y'all.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
The Brenham diner is open - i just called them.

their website is correct Wed-Sun 830 to 430

https://brenhamairportdiner.com/
Bullpen Chias
AG
trouble said:

Pot vs cigarette smells isn't coming or going, y'all.

Oh, it's definitely coming!

But to get back on track, are there any restaurant/attractions happening near the Milican area developments, or is that years away?
ElephantRider
AG
maroon barchetta said:

LastHamlet said:

I'm with you there. My wife had me stop by the Party City on Texas yesterday to get a few things for an upcoming kid's birthday party, and there was someone parked right in front of the door with pot smoke coming out of the windows. Enough to where my almost four year old asked me what that smell was. I'm not against people partaking responsibly in the privacy of their home, but keep it at home.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Garpez Authentic Mexican Food is moving into the center on Longmire behind Walmart. I believe they are currently in the gas station located at Harvey and 6 that is going to be torn down and rebuilt as a different gas station.
maroon barchetta
Captn_Ag05 said:

Garpez Authentic Mexican Food is moving into the center on Longmire behind Walmart. I believe they are currently in the gas station located at Harvey and 6 that is going to be torn down and rebuilt as a different gas station.

By Zoner's?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Garpez Authentic Mexican Food is moving into the center on Longmire behind Walmart.
In the former Zoner's spot?
rocketscience
AG
BCS Modern has plans for their next two projects on the north end of Downtown Bryan after their phase I Jordan's Lofts.

Lorca, Phase II: https://bcsml.com/lorca
Pollock, Phase III: https://bcsml.com/pollock
Captn_Ag05
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Garpez Authentic Mexican Food is moving into the center on Longmire behind Walmart.
Yes.
ChampsAg
Probably won't get anything out there until either Navasota or College Station annex it. No infrastructure for anything.

They are supposed to be getting a gas station at the 4-way though.
HometownAg22
AG
Thank you!! So glad to hear this, heard it had closed
phillytex24
Bullpen Chias said:

AggieCVQ said:

MS08 said:

That's a little exaggerated and hysterical. It's not that way in places where it's legal. I think you've been listening to alarmism and propaganda.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I used hyperbole for effect. I don't read anything about drug legalization. It's not a topic I'm that interested in. I DO travel virtually every week for work, and it is something that I have seen permeate the streets in recent years. It's pretty incredible actually. The odor is ubiquitous in downtown environments.
Hornbeck
Ahhhhh. The smell of Seattle
EBrazosAg
AG
Moderators ….. back on subject please?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MS08
AG
Is the car lot being constructed next to GMC on southbound access an extension of the GMC? Or is Sterling bringing another car brand?
snaglepuss
I believe I saw on here that it was going to be a Subaru dealership.
cstxfn
Good to see that Union Pacific is finally working on their part of the Wellborn Rd./Holleman Dr. crossing. Wonder what the timeline for completion is.
maroon barchetta
cstxfn said:

Good to see that Union Pacific is finally working on their part of the Wellborn Rd./Holleman Dr. crossing. Wonder what the timeline for completion is.

The twelfth of never.
Tailgate88
AG
cstxfn said:

Once UP is done … about a month.

https://wtaw.com/txdot-bryan-district-office-update-on-construction-at-wellborn-road-holleman-drive/
aggiepaintrain
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Yes.

I like this. I promise, they have the best bfast tacos around.
ElephantRider
AG
Tailgate88 said:

cstxfn said:

Once UP is done … about a month.

https://wtaw.com/txdot-bryan-district-office-update-on-construction-at-wellborn-road-holleman-drive/

Yes, once UP finishes up in 2025 it should only be another month!
Captn_Ag05
AG
After bumping the opening at least once, Andy's announced that they are opening today. SW Parkway and Wellborn.
Captn_Ag05
AG
rocketscience said:

BCS Modern has plans for their next two projects on the north end of Downtown Bryan after their phase I Jordan's Lofts.

Lorca, Phase II: https://bcsml.com/lorca
Pollock, Phase III: https://bcsml.com/pollock
These look nice. A few developments like this could really accelerate the transformation of downtown Bryan with the increased retail and restaurant demand that would come with these residents. The lot at 22nd and Main would make a good location for a downtown park that all these new developments would be centered around.
histag10
AG
Rusty just reported that UP will NOT begin work tomorrow due to "unforeseen circumstances" and will have to reschedule.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.