BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,049 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
althormoon said:

A Net Full of Jello said:

Talk to me about Gringos. People seem to be very excited about this place and I've never been to one. What is it that makes it so great? Is there a restaurant whose food you can compare it to?
It's basically Chuy's but a little better quality (and a little more expensive)

Agree.
halibut sinclair
trouble said:

althormoon said:

Talk to me about Gringos. People seem to be very excited about this place and I've never been to one. What is it that makes it so great? Is there a restaurant whose food you can compare it to?
It's basically Chuy's but a little better quality (and a little more expensive)

Agree.

We don't care much for Chuy's but love Gringo's. Also not much of a fan of Pappasito's.
trouble
AG
The Chuy's here is awful. It's bland every time I've been there. I miss the one in Round Rock.

Pappasitos is fine but I never feel like I get my money's worth.

Gringo's is just whatever to me. I'll eat there if others want to but I've never understood the obsession with it.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I've been eating Gringo's since the original opened in Pearland 30 years ago. It's very good food and typically excellent customer service. Excited it is finally here. Im sure it will be packed for a while.
Post removed:
by user
Captn_Ag05
AG
Days/weeks like this make me wish BCS had a waterpark like Hawaiian Falls. BearX is nice, but not for kids.
australopithecus robustus
Gringos is 85% the quality of Pappasitos and 75% the price.
trouble
AG
I have too and I still don't get the hype
TyHolden
AG
trouble said:

I have too and I still don't get the hype

Anything new is gonna get hype in Mayberry….

And the Gringos guy has a huge following on twitter as well…
trouble
AG
I have no doubt.
techno-ag
AG
With about a quarter million people in this county, I don't think we're in Mayberry anymore.
bcstx06
I would compare Gringos to Lupe Tortilla.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Where is Gingios?
MsDoubleD81
AG
Near Pinots.
phillytex24

Let's just say, I know it will be the most popular Mexican restaurant this side of the Brazos! It's so delicious. Way better than Pappasitos!
TXAGBQ76
AG
texags82
AG
Ate at the Gringos in Pearland last week in anticipation of the new one here. Salsa reminded us of Pace's picante and the chips were not good.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Marooned_n_Aggieland
maroon barchetta
FlyRod
I've seen two, and possibly three Guatemalan food trucks around the area. One at the corner of Harvey Rd. and Hwy 6. Another in downtown Bryan near WJB and TX Ave (Sabor de Guatemala). Didn't know this was a thing, but curious to check them out.
FlyRod
Chubby's Public House has an "open" sign lit up.
techno-ag
AG
There's a sign up on Hwy 6 north of OSR between Aggieland Roofing and the Shell station for a KOA campground coming soon.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

?format=1000w

First image I've seen of the plans for 401 First Street. This is a 10-story mid rise designed by Parallel. They are also the firm behind the Rev high rise being built in Northgate currently. The Rev is set to open next summer and the 401 First Street property in May of 2024.
A few more images of the design for 401 First Street which broke ground last week.

Quote:

First Street Housing is a new Student Housing development in the Northgate neighborhood of College Station, Texas. The project will include a 10-story concrete structure, with 341 units, and 750 beds, totaling 385,000 SF. The amenity space will be distributed over six levels with a diversity of environments for studying and socializing.
maroon barchetta
At first glance, I thought "they won't let me live there because I don't look like a model".

But then I saw a guy in Jorts and thought "maybe I still have a pair of those from the mid-90's and they will actually let me in there".
toolshed
AG
I didn't realize LeAnn Rimes or her boyfriend/ husband/ home wrecker whatever would be looking for an appt here in Aggieland. I don't recall seeing her on a "famous Aggie alum" thread, just the Olsen Twins.
TyHolden
AG
What's real estate like in that area? All bought up?
Birddog
AG
What is the plan for the Chicken Oil? Pass by there every day but not much is happening.
One Louder
AG
I saw this in one of the strip centers on Fitch across from HEB. Custom hat shop.

https://brazosbrim.com/
Marooned_n_Aggieland
One Louder said:

I saw this in one of the strip centers on Fitch across from HEB. Custom hat shop.

https://brazosbrim.com

Well, now time for something totally different!! Good show!
Hornbeck
Still just a "coming soon" sign.
phillytex24
Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

One Louder said:

https://brazosbrim.com

Well, now time for something totally different!! Good show!

I was excited- I thought you meant ball caps. Then I went to the website. Meh.
Collectonian
Birddog said:

What is the plan for the Chicken Oil? Pass by there every day but not much is happening.

In the comments of their April 10th post, they said two weeks ago that they still plan to reopen, but they don't know when; it will take a lot of time and that it is unlikely to be before football season starts.

Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
Bullpen Chias
AG
One Louder said:

https://brazosbrim.com/

Seems like a fad that may be hitting its apex, but I am not an expert on ladies fashion.
The Brazos Kid
Birddog said:

Video I shot a few days after the fire:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.