BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

665,609 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What franchise does BCS need?
trouble
AG
Waffle House
KidDoc
AG
TyHolden said:

Babin's or Landry's seafood please.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MS08
AG
In N Out burger; would crush it. Offers good paying jobs for students and high school students, too.
halibut sinclair
KidDoc said:

TyHolden said:

Babin's or Landry's seafood please.
Babin's in The Woodlands is fantastic.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Salad and Go would be a good option. Low cost, tasty salads, breakfast burritos for $2.99, and $1 coffees and teas.

https://www.saladandgo.com/
maroon barchetta
Captn_Ag05 said:

Salad n Go would be a good option. Low cost, tasty salads, breakfast burritos for $2.99, and $1 coffees and teas.

Breakfast burrito from a salad place???
Captn_Ag05
AG
They are really good!
maroon barchetta

maroon barchetta
Nutmegger
AG
Saw a new sign for a sandwich shop called Capriotti's next to the old Fox and Hound today.
MadDog73
AG
Capriotti's started in Wilmington, De. We lived there for 20+ years and it was our favorite place for cheese steaks. "The Bobbie" was also a favorite. Homemade Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayo.
Hope they can duplicate it here.
MiMi
S
I know it was mentioned the 2021 thread but I didn't see it on page 1 of this thread - what restaurant is going in to the old Ninfa's?
trouble
AG
Maria Mia's TexMex Cantina
TXAGBQ76
AG
Big fan of golden tile at Babbins.
maroon barchetta
MadDog73 said:

Capriotti's started in Wilmington, De. We lived there for 20+ years and it was our favorite place for cheese steaks. "The Bobbie" was also a favorite. Homemade Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and mayo.
Hope they can duplicate it here.

Why would you want mayo on that glorious sandwich???
MadDog73
AG
Because it tasted good!
TyHolden
AG
MS08 said:

In N Out burger; would crush it. Offers good paying jobs for students and high school students, too.

Not a franchise.
Not a Texas burger.
Bad Poster
Any update on when HEB will start construction on a new HEB on East side of Bryan? It's becoming as dreadful as the Pappadeaux's rumor.
halibut sinclair
Bad Poster said:

Any update on when HEB will start construction on a new HEB on East side of Bryan? It's becoming as dreadful as the Pappadeaux's rumor.

Around the time the new interstate comes through?
TyHolden
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Bad Poster said:

No bullet train?
maroon barchetta
TyHolden said:

halibut sinclair said:

Bad Poster said:

No bullet train?

The HEB will be two stories and will have a depot on the second floor for the elevated train to stop and let off/take on passengers.

Pappadeaux will be built out on a pad site at the edge of the parking lot.

There will be a mini-DQ inside the HEB where the usual pizza/poke location would be if they had followed the Jones Crossing model.
lawless89
Bad Poster said:

A friend of mines dad runs an HEB in town. He confirmed that they own land on the east side and are constantly surveying to figure out the best time. They like to work with the other locations and make sure they don't take away too much business from another.

With the influx of new apartments and that new spec home subdivision going in off HWY30, I'm sure it won't be long. I know we will be thankful!
AG81
AG
TyHolden said:

MS08 said:

Not a franchise.
Not a Texas burger.

And not a good burger at that. Not a fan.
ChampsAg
I hear it's the same person that owned/ran Ninfas
trouble
AG
I have heard that but not confirmed.
MS08
AG
AG81 said:

TyHolden said:

MS08 said:

Not a franchise.
Not a Texas burger.

And not a good burger at that. Not a fan.

To each his own, but what is our basis of comparison? I would take InNOut (food and experience) over Whataburger, McDs, MoohYah (although I like this one but InNOut way more efficient).
Comparing it to a Grub, HopDoddy, Washbangers, etc., is apples and oranges.
Bad Poster
lawless89 said:

Bad Poster said:

A friend of mines dad runs an HEB in town. He confirmed that they own land on the east side and are constantly surveying to figure out the best time. They like to work with the other locations and make sure they don't take away too much business from another.

With the influx of new apartments and that new spec home subdivision going in off HWY30, I'm sure it won't be long. I know we will be thankful!

Did your friends dad say where exactly it would be going in at? Ive heard near boonville and university?
EBrazosAg
AG
That would be surprising.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
Well, the former owner, Mario, owns Maria Mia in San Antonio. I don't know if he's going to run this one or not.
lawless89
Bad Poster said:

lawless89 said:

Bad Poster said:

Did your friends dad say where exactly it would be going in at? Ive heard near boonville and university?

That's the correct general area, but I don't know specifically. It seems like all the lots on those corners have a for sale sign.
Texasclipper
AG
MS08 said:

To each his own, but what is our basis of comparison? I would take InNOut (food and experience) over Whataburger, McDs, MoohYah (although I like this one but InNOut way more efficient).
Comparing it to a Grub, HopDoddy, Washbangers, etc., is apples and oranges.

This! InNOut is the Chic Fil A of the fast food burgers. Generally pleasant employees, quick service, and decent fast food. As opposed to Wait a Burger and the generally poor service at McDs.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I have been disappointed in the Whataburgers drive thru here. Long waits and then burger is cold and fries not hot and crispy. The ones in DFW were pretty efficient and food decent even after they sold out.
AggieBaseball06
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I have been disappointed in the Whataburgers drive thru here. Long waits and then burger is cold and fries not hot and crispy. The ones in DFW were pretty efficient and food decent even after they sold out.

There are efficient Whataburgers?!
maroon barchetta
AggieBaseball06 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

There are efficient Whataburgers?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.