BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,051 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
rc_cat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bushytailed said:

Quote:

Former Boomtown BBQ, maybe? That's the only empty drive-through in CS I can think of at think of at the moment...

Thanks for the quick response, I know I met either Costa or Andreas in person when I was working pizza delivery in the Southwest Parkway area a year or two ago. (I don't deliver pizza anymore.)

The former Taco Bar location at Wellborn/SWP is vacant and has a drive-thru; however, 1) it wouldn't make sense to open a new chicken place next to Laynes and 2) I'm really hoping Jesse takes my suggestion of a CS location to heart.
There's also a brand new vacant location with a drive-thru in the building behind Snooze/Five Guys.
war hymn aggie
AG
Old Church's Chicken by the Wal Mart in CS is available.....
caleb101
Sounds delicious! When will the standalone sofly and bryan burger mojo be open? Super excited for these.
Costa and Andreas
caleb101 said:

Sounds delicious! When will the standalone sofly and bryan burger mojo be open? Super excited for these.

Thank you! I wish I knew when we are opening. We've been waiting for a couple months for our plans at the city of Bryan for mojo 3 and then who knows on equipment and supply chain issues.

Sofly should be faster given that the facility is pre existing, yet still unpredictable.

Best guess: Sofly august 1, Mojo 3 September 1.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Shoot. I have like $150 in gift cards.
caleb101
Sounds great, can't wait to try that new sofly menu.
woodiewood1
PS3D said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Yes Mojo 3 will share a party wall with Frost. Plans have been at the City of Bryan for a couple months now, hopefully they will expedite soon.

SoFly will go in CS and will be a free standing drive thru with extended hours.

8 craft chicken sandwiches
5 craft chicken tacos
4-5 craft tenders
About 10 signature sauces
Several sides from tangy Thai slaw to homemade greens
about 4-5 loaded craft fry/tot entrees
Former Boomtown BBQ, maybe? That's the only empty drive-through in CS I can think of at think of at the moment...

Thanks for the quick response, I know I met either Costa or Andreas in person when I was working pizza delivery in the Southwest Parkway area a year or two ago. (I don't deliver pizza anymore.)
I think the Boomtown location is a horrible place to go to. Too far from campus to get students, staff and the visitors to campus. Away from most restaurants so "out of site, out of mind." If you go that far south, I would go all the way to Tower point where the pie place was or to the closed fast food in front of Wal-Mart.
woodiewood1
TyHolden said:

PS3D said:

maroon barchetta said:

Sprouts?
Trader Joe's?
Whole Paycheck?
...To keep this thread moving in a good direction, Burger Mojo IS opening on Briarcrest Drive near Aldi.
keep the mojo going....never eaten there though
You are missing good food. I love their chicken sandwich with added grilled onions and grilled jalapenos.
australopithecus robustus
Bad Poster said:

PS3D said:

So is SoFly lined up to replace Boomtown, or is it going to be in the old Bush's Chicken/Pie in the Sky near Tower Point?

Hopefully neither. They both closed because they were too hard to get to

Fuego says hello!
Hornbeck
war hymn aggie said:

Old Church's Chicken by the Wal Mart in CS is available.....

I wish Weinerschnitzel would take it back over…
ratfacemcdougal
australopithecus robustus said:

Bad Poster said:

PS3D said:

So is SoFly lined up to replace Boomtown, or is it going to be in the old Bush's Chicken/Pie in the Sky near Tower Point?

Hopefully neither. They both closed because they were too hard to get to

Fuego says hello!
Boomtown has easy access from any direction you are coming. Fine if you don't like the food, but it certainly was not an access issue.
PS3D
woodiewood1 said:

PS3D said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Yes Mojo 3 will share a party wall with Frost. Plans have been at the City of Bryan for a couple months now, hopefully they will expedite soon.

SoFly will go in CS and will be a free standing drive thru with extended hours.

8 craft chicken sandwiches
5 craft chicken tacos
4-5 craft tenders
About 10 signature sauces
Several sides from tangy Thai slaw to homemade greens
about 4-5 loaded craft fry/tot entrees

I think the Boomtown location is a horrible place to go to. Too far from campus to get students, staff and the visitors to campus. Away from most restaurants so "out of site, out of mind." If you go that far south, I would go all the way to Tower point where the pie place was or to the closed fast food in front of Wal-Mart.

The Boomtown location was a stone's throw from Walmart, which is still the main Walmart for students and staff alike, and near other hotels that still benefit greatly from the student trade. Sure, the Diamond Shamrock that Boomtown eventually was built on felt pretty isolated, but that is no longer the case and hasn't been the case for at least a decade now.
bcstx06
Around 94 acres on the HWY 6 feeder road between the Bryan Target center and University drive is being rezoned from Agricultural Open to Planned Development for potential multi-use development. I always wondered why so much land along the feeder road has sat empty all these years. I guess now we will finally see development. Let's get this right City of Bryan! Help attract quality business to whatever this develops into.

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2022%20SDRC/04-19-2022/RZ22-06,%20Rezoning%20Map,%2004-19-22.pdf
maroon barchetta
bcstx06 said:

Around 94 acres on the HWY 6 feeder road between the Bryan Target center and University drive is being rezoned from Agricultural Open to Planned Development for potential multi-use development. I always wondered why so much land along the feeder road has sat empty all these years. I guess now we will finally see development. Let's get this right City of Bryan! Help attract quality business to whatever this develops into.

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2022%20SDRC/04-19-2022/RZ22-06,%20Rezoning%20Map,%2004-19-22.pdf

A bunch of it looks wet pretty often to me.
EBrazosAg
AG
Wasn't that the original "most favored" location for the Expo Center until it got moved to the Far West ?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ElephantRider
AG
maroon barchetta said:

bcstx06 said:

That's what I was thinking
techno-ag
AG
ElephantRider said:

maroon barchetta said:

bcstx06 said:

That's what I was thinking
Yeah they're going to have to do some mitigation. I think that's Carter Creek that runs through there.
rsa
AG
maroon barchetta said:

bcstx06 said:

Most of it is in a 100 year floodway, or 100 year floodplain according to the FEMA maps for the area.
AggiePhil
AG
rsa said:

maroon barchetta said:

bcstx06 said:

Most of it is in a 100 year floodway, or 100 year floodplain according to the FEMA maps for the area.

Average life expectancy is 79 years so most people should be good.
JSAD
You know what would go really good right where TacoBar was, and because there's not one in this city.. I've been to one in Midland many times, an HTeaO. That's what this city needs. The best Iced tea you've ever had so good
Captn_Ag05
AG
There was an announcement a few years ago that HTea0 planned to expand to the BCS area, but nothing has happened since. Not sure if it is still in their plans or not.
spike427
AG
Probably old news, but I just noticed that Whiskey Charlie's by Tower Point HEB moved around the corner of the building. Their FB Page said it's due to HEB booting tenants on that side for expansion!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
spike427 said:

Probably old news, but I just noticed that Whiskey Charlie's by Tower Point HEB moved around the corner of the building. Their FB Page said it's due to HEB booting tenants on that side for expansion!

Maybe for curbside? My best guess
S
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

spike427 said:

I'm not sure. They recently expanded the other end of HEB for curbside. Maybe they're planning to put in a South Flo Pizza (similar to the Jones Crossing HEB)?
BiochemAg97
AG
MiMi said:

SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

spike427 said:

I'm not sure. They recently expanded the other end of HEB for curbside. Maybe they're planning to put in a South Flo Pizza (similar to the Jones Crossing HEB)?

It isn't uncommon for H-E-B to expand "smaller" stores to add shelf space. Usually comes with increasing variety of items (think additional brands or flavors of existing items).

They did that in Cedar Park a few years back. Newer store but not as big as some of the other nearby HEBs. As the area built up around it, they expanded and remodeled to increase the amount of shelf space.
Tailgate88
AG
Did they? There have been no changes to the pharmacy side of H-E-B Tower Point..
MiMi
S
Tailgate88 said:

Did they? There have been no changes to the pharmacy side of H-E-B Tower Point..
Yes. They expanded at the entrance that is closest to the pharmacy. That section was previously space that had a jewelry store and also spent time as a spot for Aggie-themed clothes. Now it has curbside storage and a dedicated entrance to the curbside pick-up spots.

They didn't add much space, but did expand into part of the area where the carts are stored. The smaller carts are now at the right of that entrance.

I remember posts on this board about the noise the construction of the expanded curbside service was causing nearby residents.

PS3D
A restaurant called "Casa Mangiare" is scheduled to replace Abuelo's on University Drive East.
Hornbeck
Costco progress video:
https://nextdoor.com/p/472QdJhy6jk4?utm_source=share&extras=MjExMjYwNw%3D%3D
halibut sinclair
PS3D said:

A restaurant called "Casa Mangiare" is scheduled to replace Abuelo's on University Drive East.

House of food ? House of eating? Great name.
MadDog73
AG
PS3D said:

So Italian food?
mgreen
PS3D said:

I heard it is the same owner as Casa Do Brasil.
Goose83
AG
bcstx06 said:

Great. Time to cut down another nice stand of trees because we don't have enough Dutch Bros. or branch banking locations.
maroon barchetta
Goose83 said:

bcstx06 said:

Great. Time to cut down another nice stand of trees because we don't have enough Dutch Bros. or branch banking locations.

There are no nail salons on that side of the highway
trouble
AG
There's one in the Target parking lot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.