BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

661,039 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
histag10 said:

Rusty just reported that UP will NOT begin work tomorrow due to "unforeseen circumstances" and will have to reschedule.
I think their incompetence was definitely foreseeable.
rocketscience
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

rocketscience said:

BCS Modern has plans for their next two projects on the north end of Downtown Bryan after their phase I Jordan's Lofts.

Lorca, Phase II: https://bcsml.com/lorca
Pollock, Phase III: https://bcsml.com/pollock
These look nice. A few developments like this could really accelerate the transformation of downtown Bryan with the increased retail and restaurant demand that would come with these residents. The lot at 22nd and Main would make a good location for a downtown park that all these new developments would be centered around.
Renovation Wranglers have done and have in progress a number of excellent developments that complement these. Definitely recommend checking out their Facebook page.
UmustBKidding
Best i can tell you are confusing the work that was cancelled at rock prairie with the work that is finally getting underway at holleman. Holleman still progressive and suspect that cocs actually asked up to delay rock prairie since 2818 is still a disaster and there was no real strategy to route around this. Pretty telling when the message board says closing you should find another way, without any suggestions.
Captn_Ag05
AG
rocketscience said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

rocketscience said:

BCS Modern has plans for their next two projects on the north end of Downtown Bryan after their phase I Jordan's Lofts.

Lorca, Phase II: https://bcsml.com/lorca
Pollock, Phase III: https://bcsml.com/pollock
These look nice. A few developments like this could really accelerate the transformation of downtown Bryan with the increased retail and restaurant demand that would come with these residents. The lot at 22nd and Main would make a good location for a downtown park that all these new developments would be centered around.
Renovation Wranglers have done and have in progress a number of excellent developments that complement these. Definitely recommend checking out their Facebook page.
Yes, they have done a great job. The Lorca and Pollock are new to me. The Lorca in particular is a larger unit project than the others I believe they have done and could really spur a new round of development in Downtown.
ReelAg6
aggiepaintrain said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Garpez Authentic Mexican Food is moving into the center on Longmire behind Walmart.
In the former Zoner's spot?
Yes.

I like this. I promise, they have the best bfast tacos around.
Curbside at this location should be much quicker than their current drive thru setup. Even if you call in, it doesn't matter because the person in front of you probably didn't. Hard to stop by on the way to work when you don't know if the wait is going to be 3 minutes or 15.
caleb101
I saw they have finally put the sign up for Dave's Hot Chicken, at 1512 Texas Ave S in the former Urban Brick Pizza building next to the Smokers Paradise and the Ye Star Chinese Buffet.

Super excited for this, one of my favorite food places of all time.
https://www.daveshotchicken.com/
maroon barchetta
That location has been hard for some businesses to overcome.
caleb101
I'm not too worried about Dave's Hot Chicken. I think they'll make a killing, they're popping up everywhere all over the US and I think I read they opened one in Dubai. They're originate from East Hollywood but have become well known among younger audiences due to its large presence on social media and celebrity backings such as Drake.
KidDoc
AG
Anytime Fitness signs up at the Tower Point St Jo center near Chick-Fil-A.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bcs90
Marfa Texas kitchen Is having a soft opening this weekend and is opening for the public on 10/4. Located on 1551 greens prairie rd.
Tailgate88
AG
Bcs90 said:

Marfa Texas kitchen Is having a soft opening this weekend and is opening for the public on 10/4. Located on 1551 greens prairie rd.
Is that at the other end of the building from Uncorked?
gunan01
AG
There is already an Anytime Fitness next to HEB at Tower Point. I wonder if they're just moving?
Bcs90
Correct
Tailgate88
AG
gunan01 said:

There is already an Anytime Fitness next to HEB at Tower Point. I wonder if they're just moving?
Pretty sure HEB is taking over the entire front of that center. I know the haircut place is closed and Whiskey Charlie's moved around the corner. Someone needs to ask Chef Cao if they are moving too...if so that would be the entire front.

I'm guessing Anytime also wanted a bigger space.
techno-ag
AG
Tailgate88 said:

gunan01 said:

Pretty sure HEB is taking over the entire front of that center. I know the haircut place is closed and Whiskey Charlie's moved around the corner. Someone needs to ask Chef Cao if they are moving too...if so that would be the entire front.

Maybe they'll finally build out a Super HEB.
phillytex24
caleb101 said:

I saw they have finally put the sign up for Dave's Hot Chicken, at 1512 Texas Ave S in the former Urban Brick Pizza building next to the Smokers Paradise and the Ye Star Chinese Buffet.

Super excited for this, one of my favorite food places of all time.
https://www.daveshotchicken.com/

I've really been hoping we'd get a Joella's, but a review says Dave's is better! This is exciting!!!
el gato18
AG
I heard Chef Cao's is moving across the parking lot in the new buildings being built by the carwash.
susieq30
What type of food will Marfa Texas Kitchen serve?
techno-ag
AG
susieq30 said:

Something light.
ChampsAg
techno-ag said:

susieq30 said:

Something light.
Underrated post!
MyNameIsJeff
AG
el gato18 said:

I heard Chef Cao's is moving across the parking lot in the new buildings being built by the carwash.
Chef Cao is actually the one building the new buildings by the car wash. And then moving into one, of course.
meinkee
Went downtown this morning hoping for a bloody at Elixir. It was closed. Is that a forever thing or did we just catch an off day?

P.S. The bloody at All the Kings Men was first rate. And the brisk3t...sweet!
halibut sinclair
Pretty sure they have always been closed on Sunday.

Calling it a Bloody is almost as bad as CStat.
maroon barchetta
halibut sinclair said:

Pretty sure they have always been closed on Sunday.

Calling it a Bloody is almost as bad as CStat.

Nothing is that bad.
duffelpud
AG
susieq30 said:

California fare topped with a thin, West Texas glaze.
"What's this button do?"
Captn_Ag05
AG
Door Dash will be putting a 5,000 square foot Dash Market in at NorthPoint Crossing. Typically a Dash Market just serves as essentially a warehouse for Door Dash shoppers to do grocery shopping for delivery to customers. Instead of an Instacart (or similar) shopper going to HEB, Kroger, Walmart, etc. the Door Dasher does all the shopping at the Dash Market and allegedly without the markup per item you will see from Instacart because they are not shopping the third party stores. Usually Dash Markets are not open to the public. But, this is a nice addition to the NorthPoint center which has had a lot of retail vacancies since opening.
Captn_Ag05
AG
On TDLR, there is a project registered for a $1 million renovation of 2300 S. Texas Avenue in Bryan, which is the old University Inn motel. The project name is Armadillo Studios. In digging around a bit, the owner registered an LLC a couple of months ago called Armadillo Studio Apartments LLC. So, more apartments.
EBrazosAg
AG
I hear the portions will be Giant.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The owners of Harvest Coffee will be opening Uptown Brunch in Century Square as well.

Quote:

Uptown Brunch will transport guests to a relaxed and charming atmosphere, one where they can enjoy good food and beverages with those important to them. With design inspiration from nature at Audubon Park, small shops and local restaurants on Magazine Street, and elegant homes throughout New Orleans, guests will be immersed in one of their favorite places as soon as they enter. At Uptown Brunch, guests will truly be able to savor les bon temps the good times in life.

The Uptown Brunch menu features a wide variety of delicacies for a perfect brunch for everyone. Guests will enjoy delicious Beignets, Cajun Eggs Benedicts, and other Uptown-inspired dishes. In addition to the fantastic brunch menu, guests can choose from French wines, refreshing mimosas, craft beers, and more! The exquisite flavors of Louisiana combined with the hospitality of Texas ensures that Uptown Brunch will become your new favorite spot in town!

BryanPooch
Sincerely hope the food at Uptown Brunch is not as flowery and overblown as the verbiage describing it. The excessive hype is more than a bit off-putting. Tone it down, hopeful hipsters!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Has anyone heard about timing (or whether it is still happening) for the construction of the new Farm Patch at University Town Center? See page 6 and 11 of the attached brochure.

https://shopcompanies.com/sites/default/files/University%20Town%20Center_4.pdf?v=1631039090
Captn_Ag05
AG
I see our friends in Beaumont are getting a Main Event in the next several months. I wonder if BCS could be on the radar for Main Event as a potential location as well.
tb9665
Old Macy's location would have been great.
ElephantRider
AG
tb9665 said:

Would the city deem them worthy?
Captn_Ag05
AG
tb9665 said:

That would be really close to Grand Station, which is a similar business. I'd prefer to see it somewhere like the Jones Crossing center.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.