BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

665,117 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KidDoc said:

MS08 said:

Go try it for yourself. I think it will be trouble for you. Doesn't hold a candle to the ole Antonio's Pizza.
I thought Antonio's was pretty bad. Piasianos for normal pizza and rx pizza for weird pizza now that Howdy closed.

Antonio's was okay, but I really only ever ate there because they were the only place that had ricotta. Mr Gs has ricotta, and amazing pizza so that's our go to noe (but really far for you South CS people). As a side not- they also have anchovies if that is anyone's jam.
halibut sinclair
Mr. G's is definitely the best in town. We love it and the owners are super people.
australopithecus robustus
halibut sinclair said:

Mr. G's is definitely the best in town. We love it and the owners are super people.

I can't get down with a Margherita pizza that has dried basil on it as opposed to authentically prepared with fresh basil.
histag10
AG
australopithecus robustus said:

halibut sinclair said:

I can't get down with a Margherita pizza that has dried basil on it as opposed to authentically prepared with fresh basil.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of their Margherita pizza at all. Everything about it is wrong to me. The tomatoes are thin/soggy, the dried basil, and the low moisture shredded Mozzarella. I don't like it. But I love everything else there.

Blue Baker's neapolitan is probably favorite "margherita" pizza in town (they have a fantastic fresh tomato sauce, use fresh Mozzarella, and fresh chopped basil).
A Net Full of Jello
AG
histag10 said:

KidDoc said:

MS08 said:

Go try it for yourself. I think it will be trouble for you. Doesn't hold a candle to the ole Antonio's Pizza.
I thought Antonio's was pretty bad. Piasianos for normal pizza and rx pizza for weird pizza now that Howdy closed.

Antonio's was okay, but I really only ever ate there because they were the only place that had ricotta. Mr Gs has ricotta, and amazing pizza so that's our go to noe (but really far for you South CS people). As a side not- they also have anchovies if that is anyone's jam.

I liked Antonio's toppings, but their crust could be tough or even hard.
AggiePhil
AG
trouble said:

No drive-thru at the new location? Bummer.
java94
AG
Correct, no drive thru, but they will have dine-in again, as well as inside and curbside pickup.
MS08
AG
Brazos Running Co relocating? Or opening up a second location (in Century Square)? I imagine the latter. Wondering if anybody has the scoop.
Jetty
AG
Brazos Running is relocating.
MS08
histag10
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

histag10 said:

KidDoc said:

MS08 said:

I liked Antonio's toppings, but their crust could be tough or even hard.

It was best if you ordered a pizza to go, and then reheated it by the slice in your oven. If you bought by the slice in store, that piza was sitting g there for a while, and then their oven really over did it when they reheated it.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Jetty said:

The Century Square location was open this weekend.
FlyRod
Not sure if this has been mentioned but it looks like 555 Grill (Chinese) is open again.
halibut sinclair

halibut sinclair said:

Probably shouldn't order that, then.
trouble
AG
They are! I meant to post it a couple weeks ago but I might have forgotten.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Jetty said:

The Century Square location was open this weekend.
Did they have to go up on their prices with the new location?
phillytex24
JUST ATE AT CAPTIOTTI's!!! Wow! Just wow. I ordered" The Bobbie". It's a sandwich that has turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce! It's literally like having Thanksgiving in a sandwich, sooooooo delicious! Also, I tried the American Wagyu & Bleu salad with it, it was crisp and tasty. Please give them your business, you will be thrilled!!! They also roast whole fresh Butterball turkeys for their sandwiches daily. We're so blessed to have them in College Station.
MS08
AG
Excited to check them out! Been waiting for them to open. Appreciate the aesthetic face lift that whole strip center is receiving as well.
maroon barchetta
Sounds like the sandwich that Monica made for Ross on "Friends".
gunan01
AG
Capriotti's is spectacular

Head and shoulders above any other chain sandwich place.
halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

Yeah no doubt. That was prob 20 years ago and haven't been back since
halibut sinclair

halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

Don't care much for margherita pizza, but Mr. G's has new owners within the past couple of years. They've made a lot of changes for the better. You might want to give it another try.
histag10
AG
halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

Don't care much for margherita pizza, but Mr. G's has new owners within the past couple of years. They've made a lot of changes for the better. You might want to give it another try.

They have made changes, but they still haven't changed that (which is annoying)
halibut sinclair
histag10 said:

halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

They have made changes, but they still haven't changed that (which is annoying)

Maybe Susan (Little G) will see your post.
halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

halibut sinclair said:

That's fair
double b
AG
gunan01 said:

Capriotti's is spectacular

Head and shoulders above any other chain sandwich place.

Woah...I think you're giving this place too much credit. I love sandwiches and frequently eat them. Jersey Mike's, JJs, and Firehouse are all excellent places and I have my favorites at each. Capriottis was good, but they're location and prices, I don't think I will be going often.
bcstx06
IBio, a bio-tech company based in Bryan has announced it will be closing its local facility and laying off 50 employees.
https://www.fox44news.com/news/local-news/brazos/bryan-company-leaving-will-lay-off-50/amp/

Hopefully another bio company buys this building.
techno-ag
AG
Oldham Goodwin sold the old Westinghouse Building on the bypass to Big Sky Medical.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oldham-goodwin-capital-makes-record-breaking-sale-of-long-underutilized-westinghouse-building-project-301670659.html
jja79
AG
If you're ever down 105 in Montgomery go to Tony's Italian Deli. Never had a sandwich as good as theirs.
maroon barchetta
jja79 said:

If you're ever down 105 in Montgomery go to Tony's Italian Deli. Never had a sandwich as good as theirs.

Which kind of sandwich?
jja79
AG
They have all kinds of both cold and hot sandwiches. I was that direction yesterday and had the Italian beef. The only thing I don't like there is the chicken salad because it has grapes.
maroon barchetta
That looks tasty.

Agree on the grapes. Those don't belong in chicken salad.
jja79
AG
Not to derail the thread but here's the menu with pictures. Best sandwich place I've ever been.

https://tonysitaliandelicatessen.com/menu-2/
maroon barchetta
jja79 said:

Not to derail the thread but here's the menu with pictures. Best sandwich place I've ever been.

https://tonysitaliandelicatessen.com/menu-2/

Who wants to open one here???

Good grief. I need to stop there soon.
halibut sinclair
Also recently rated the #1 restaurant in the United States by Yelp.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.