BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2022)

666,024 Views | 2491 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by happyinBCS
Bullpen Chias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Already a Laynes there (and Zaxbys for that matter). Don't see a need for Canes.
bcstx06
I noticed a sign for Hotworx in Bryan on University Drive East of Copperfield. That's the third on in this area correct?
Aggie
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Already a Laynes there (and Zaxbys for that matter). Don't see a need for Canes.

So there is a good place to get good chicken fingers…. That's the need
PS3D
According to New Development, the Checkers on Holleman and the lone house near just to the east of it will be leveled for a much larger gas station that will face Welsh.
Aggie_95
AG
PS3D said:

According to New Development, the Checkers on Holleman and the lone house near just to the east of it will be leveled for a much larger gas station that will face Welsh.
Looks like it is a 1.529 property. The grassy area behind the Checkers and the house is part of the property. Any timeline on this this project?
TommyBrady
AG
Yeah its already started over there at least a few weeks now
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anyone been to BigShots yet?
Koko Chingo
AG
My kids went two times over the past week. They all said they are terrible at golf but had a great time and the burgers were good. They said the lines and wait times were fine last Friday (about 30-40 min) and long Saturday (about an hour and a half). They split up their large friend groups. They said it would have taken hours for them to be able to have two spots that were together.

That is a lot of conversation for high school kids. More details will trickle in later. They must have liked it a lot because they went two nights in a row.

Geralt of Rivia
S
Trackside Kolache Bakery announced on Facebook that they will be opening a 2nd location on 29th street in the old Cake Junkie location
maroon barchetta
Geralt of Rivia said:

Trackside Kolache Bakery announced on Facebook that they will be opening a 2nd location on 29th street in the old Cake Junkie location

Business name won't still check out???
blacksg
AG
Signs up for 2 new restaurants:

Naq's Halal Food in old Blake's Steaks location. Appears to be open.

Capriotti's Sandwich Shop in old Fox & Hound location. Any one know when they are expected to open?
nthomas99
AG
blacksg said:

Capriotti's Sandwich Shop in old Fox & Hound location. Any one know when they are expected to open?
Naq's is open for at least a couple months now. I've eaten there 2-3 times. They just finally got around to putting up a sign
MS08
AG
nthomas99 said:

blacksg said:

Naq's is open for at least a couple months now. I've eaten there 2-3 times. They just finally got around to putting up a sign

...Let me guess, sign permit issue.
Slagathor
AG
And they are excellent. I really hope they do well because that is some good food.
meezermom
A bunch of property marker-type flags have just gone up near the new CS water tower (by S&W Hospital). Anyone know what's being built there?
maroon barchetta
meezermom said:

A bunch of property marker-type flags have just gone up near the new CS water tower (by S&W Hospital). Anyone know what's being built there?

Bank
Nail salon
Donut house
Chicken strips
Free-standing urgent care

Those are my guesses
techno-ag
AG
maroon barchetta said:

meezermom said:

Bank
Nail salon
Donut house
Chicken strips
Free-standing urgent care

Those are my guesses
Costco will go in somewhere near there.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
MS08
AG
nthomas99 said:

blacksg said:

Went today with co-worker. Really liked it. I got the lamb and rice platter. He got the lamb gyro. Tasty. Really generous, Texas-sized portions for each, too. A win!
MsDoubleD81
AG
Costco is back towards Lowe's. It's huge and making good progress.

I thought I saw somewhere that it is a S&W building...there was a sign a while back about a zoning request change.

Edited to add

maroon barchetta
MsDoubleD81 said:

Costco is back towards Lowe's. It's huge and making good progress.

I thought I saw somewhere that it is a S&W building...there was a sign a while back about a zoning request change.

Edited to add

Yeah, the Costco is a known location.
meezermom
More medical space for S&W definitely makes sense - thanks for that! Have to be honest and say I was hoping for some more sit-down restaurants in this area, though. Dying for Gringo's to open up.
rsa
AG
The Einkorn Kitchen in downtown Bryan announced that they are closing shop :-(
FlyRod
Hopdoddy is buying Grub. I won't go down the rabbit hole of an Austin chain buying a BCS one, but there it is.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Same here.
EBrazosAg
AG
The VC/PE company that bought the Austin chain bought the BCS chain.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
"TX Chifa Street Food" is opening a permanent location in the Post Oak Mall food court to replace Manchu Wok (which I guess closed in COVID?)

That mall needs all the help it's going to get.
aggiemom89
What is being built on University near Copperfield? Very large area being developed.
MiMi
S
Quote:

"TX Chifa Street Food" is opening a permanent location in the Post Oak Mall food court to replace Manchu Wok (which I guess closed in COVID?)
Manchu Wok was still open when I was in the mall a couple of weeks ago. There is a street food (tacos, etc) business is next to it, where Raining Cane's used to be. Judging by the line of customers, it was open and doing OK. I didn't look at the name of it, but it could be this one?
PS3D
I wasn't there in person, it's possible they screwed up on the suite numbers online and I misread it.
AG81
AG
FlyRod said:

Hopdoddy is buying Grub. I won't go down the rabbit hole of an Austin chain buying a BCS one, but there it is.

Never thought much of Grub, or Hopdaddy for that matter. Hard to beat Koppe Bridge, ymmv.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Hopdoddy seems like the worst restaurant value in town. Any other nominations?
EBrazosAg
AG
I had 3 visits in a row to KB with a refrigerated bun and haven't been back in 3 years. I like Grub. Hopdoddy a little overpriced and in CSquare where I won't go.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TommyBrady
AG
I appreciate you not going to so many great places to eat… makes it easier for me. Thank you!
mgreen
Huge Grub Fan. Not a Hopdoddy fan at all.
maroon barchetta
mgreen said:

Huge Grub Fan. Not a Hopdoddy fan at all.

Their Thunderbird is pretty good

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.