*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

298,155 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
Good Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is no reason for the Derozan trade. You are trading for a bad contract for a player who has an outdated playing style and proven he can't perform when the lights are brightest. None of the young players are really worth a damn. Sure some of them look like they can develop but you aren't gettiny anything that special and aren't getting any quality picks either. That trade doesn't push the Spurs closer to a title and it also doesn't set up the quality rebuild. It maintains status quo while just getting rid of a player that doesn't want to be here anymore.
Ulrich
I'd rather wait out Gasol and Mills contracts than take on 3/83mm for a chucker. There has to be better deals than that.

DeRozen has plenty of talent. If he can learn to play like a grown up instead of late career Kobe he could at least contribute to a good team. But i would not be very hopeful. Aldridge, Gay, and DeRozen could be a critical mass of low efficiency volume scorers. With no point guard and a coach who may be halfway out the door, that seems like a recipe for the team to fall apart.
Guitarsoup
AG
IT3 took the league minimum to go to Denver
Enzo The Baker
AG

Bring on another guard.
Good Poster
AG
I realize a lot of this stuff is waiting on the Kawhi domino to fall but the last two years I haven't understood any move that the Spurs FO has made.
claym711
AG
What's not to understand about surrounding Kawhi and LA with vets, shooters, and defenders?
Guitarsoup
AG

Knows he might lose his sneaker deal if he gets traded to San Antonio
Ag Natural
AG
Money Ag said:

I realize a lot of this stuff is waiting on the Kawhi domino to fall but the last two years I haven't understood any move that the Spurs FO has made.

And yet if Kawhi plays last year they win over 60 games and challenge for the ship again.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Spurs prob win the title last year if leonard plays

Golden state was not great they just got by

So yeah the front office was trying to win now

West Texan
AG
Jabari is still a jackass, but some really good stuff from David Robinson about the Kawhi situation (and other stuff).

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/Off-Topic-David-Robinson-Part-2-13075559.php
Guitarsoup
AG
It's simple man, just come and have a conversation. Let's sit down and talk. And we sat down and talked. I said, "Tim, why would you leave a situation where you have a championship level team; you're going to win more championships, and go to a situation where you hope to put together a group that can win championships. That doesn't make any sense." And in this particular situation, you're going to take less money now to do that? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I don't understand the logic. It seems like a simple conversation would be able to bring some simple logic to the guy. And say, "Look man. Let's think this through. Does it even make sense to anybody?" Why do you think everybody is wondering what the heck is going on? You have that kind of a conversation face-to-face, it seems like you can figure it out. But I think that's why everyone is baffled because nothing makes sense about this whole scenario. Here is a franchise that spent 25 years and has a reputation for taking care of players. Not just the star players, I'm talking about the Cory Joseph's, the Boban Marjanovic's. The guys that have come in here and gotten contracts other places. Jonathon Simmons. We've nurtured these guys.
dave99ag
AG
This says a lot and how much of a leader Robinson is and Kawahi isn't.

Quote:

But to this day, I don't hear him talking. I mean, who is saying all this stuff. If it's you, speak up. If it's you, step forward and be the man. You're the face franchise. I don't want to hear about anybody else in your party. I want to hear from you.
duck79
AG
People are going to have a difference of opinions and I'm fine with that but if you aren't even man enough to sit down and say why your opinion is different then gtfo. Nobody says it has to be in the media and it's obvious with all these comments the last two weeks that KL's entire group are just avoiding the situation.
MookieBlaylock
AG

MookieBlaylock
AG

TyHolden
AG
Trading him to Dallas for their next 10 first rounders. Just heard it on the wire. That Cuban is one hell of an owner.
West Texan
AG

MookieBlaylock
AG
No and it isn't even close but thanks for playing.

Do you even English?

[Our warnings are in English and you keep failing to figure them out. -Staff]
Ag Natural
AG
DSAg44 said:

Trading him to Dallas for their next 10 first rounders. Just heard it on the wire. That Cuban is one hell of an owner.

Well it's against the rules to trade 1st round picks from consecutive years. You could do every other year for 20 years. Or 1st rounders every even year for 10 and have optional pick swaps the other 5.
TyHolden
AG
Ag Natural said:

DSAg44 said:

Well it's against the rules to trade 1st round picks from consecutive years. You could do every other year for 20 years. Or 1st rounders every even year for 10 and have optional pick swaps the other 5.
maybe throw in dirk, Blackman, and Aguirre
Enzo The Baker
AG
Tomorrow is the first day the Spurs can offer Kawhi the super max. Part of me believes they will and he'll be back. But maybe that's just denial kicking in.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Fake news?

Hearing nothidng locally
Ag Natural
AG
Honestly, it wouldn't be the worst move ever to offer him the max. If he signs it then you either have your MVP back OR you have a guy locked into a longer term deal that would make it more tasty to trade partners.
DTP02
AG
How can you offer a Supermax to a guy who missed a whole year with a deteriorating injury without seeing him play again, especially when he and his group have been less than forthcoming?
Guitarsoup
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Kawhi can now sign a Supermax if offered. It would be worth $221 million.

If he leaves in free agency, the most he can sign for is $141 million.

Choose very wisely.
TyHolden
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Choose very wisely.
he gonna sign supermax and then laugh his ass off in rehab for 6 years.
West Texan
AG
DSAg44 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Choose very wisely.

Why sabotage your career after becoming the highest paid player in the NBA? It's not like the Spurs can sign and trade him with this contract.
TyHolden
AG
West Texan said:

DSAg44 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Choose very wisely.

Why sabotage your career after becoming the highest paid player in the NBA? It's not like the Spurs can sign and trade him with this contract.
because he's really injured and won't ever be the same???
West Texan
AG
I don't think the Spurs offer Kawhi the supermax. IMO if they intended to do so, it would have come out long ago and we wouldn't have had all of this trade talk and other nonsense. If I were the Spurs, the supermax offer would have to come with some agreements from Kawhi that he'd get a professional and stop letting his moron uncle call the shots and let the Spurs have control over his medical again, no more seeking out 9 different opinions and keeping the team in the dark.
West Texan
AG
DSAg44 said:

West Texan said:

DSAg44 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Choose very wisely.

I just said it below, but giving the franchise control of his medical situation has to be a contingency of an offer this big. Only a ******ed franchise offers over $200 million to a guy who won't even let them know for sure if he's really hurt.
Pendragon12
AG
West Texan said:

DSAg44 said:

West Texan said:

DSAg44 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Choose very wisely.

I just said it below, but giving the franchise control of his medical situation has to be a contingency of an offer this big. Only a ******ed franchise offers over $200 million to a guy who won't even let them know for sure if he's really hurt.
I think something along the lines of he can seek a second opinion, but not 3 or 4...and Spurs medical staff needs to be involved in the diagnostic, treatment, and rehab...or at least allowed to be in the room(s) as observers if nothing more. And if disagreement between second opinion doctor and Spurs staff continues, an unbiased 3rd party approved by...someone...would have input.

I think complete control of his medical situation is probably too far, but more control than what they've currently had is probably a justified clause.
Ulrich
If it's that hard to find a way to get an honest assessment of his health without hurting his feelings, he's probably not someone you want to commit 44 million dollars a year to.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Can they do a sign and trade with him? sign him to the max to maximize the spurs leverage? i guess there is no reason for Kawhi to do it unless it was all but guaranteed we were sending him to LA.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.