*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,955 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
LouisHerbertWong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ulrich said:

I'm guessing they are trying to make it Hayward+ for Kawhi. Obviously depends on what makes up the plus, but I'm not excited about that deal.
Likewise. "Hey, let's swap injured stars and see what happens. We'll even throw in a couple scrubs." If Boston won't include Tatum, tell them to kick rocks.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hayward+Rozier+Rob for Kawhi+Patty ::shruggie::
Ulrich
At least Hayward's injury is usually a predictable complete recovery. Kawhi has had issues with that quad his whole career while Hayward has been pretty healthy. But yeah, aside from that it's just swapping a player for a worse version of the same guy. I'd like having Hayward on the team but the kickers need to be good.

Tacking Rozier and Mills on makes it a lot nicer.
BlackLab
AG
Per twitter:

Lowe: The package that the Lakers and Spurs would consider "the line" is Ingram, Kuzma, and two first round picks. More and it's too much for the Lakers, but less and it's not enough for San Antonio.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
BlackLab said:

Per twitter:

Lowe: The package that the Lakers and Spurs would consider "the line" is Ingram, Kuzma, and two first round picks. More and it's too much for the Lakers, but less and it's not enough for San Antonio.
Definitely not enough
Guitarsoup
AG

LMA for CJ McCollum?
FTAG 2000
AG
BlackLab said:

Per twitter:

two worthless future first rounders? More trash from Magic.
FTAG 2000
AG
Guitarsoup said:

LMA for CJ McCollum?
F Jabari. He hates S.A. and is carrying the water for Uncle Dennis.

AG
Yeah, Jabari is trash. I dont trust a word that chodelick says.
West Texan
AG
Not nearly as exciting, but Jordan Green will be on the Spurs Utah summer league team.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/spurs/spurs-announce-2018-utah-summer-league-roster
Pumpkinhead
AG

LouisHerbertWong
AG
With a grain of salt: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250405/Report-Kawhi-Leonard-May-Not-Be-Enamored-With-Idea-Of-Playing-With-LeBron-James

If accurate, L.A. will be a circus no matter who his teammates are. Kawhi's looking more and more like a little b****.
Ag Natural
AG
A lot of stupid points being made. First off, why in the hell is it "only fair" to ask LMA if he wants out ? That's idiotic. LMA just had his best season partially because Kawhi didn't play all year. If Kawhi does get traded for any of the packages being mentioned, this is going to be a very good team still. Jabari is dumb.

It's also a "genius " point to say Kawhi is such a great fit to play with Labron. Duh. He's ******* MVP candidate when healthy. He's a great fit to play with anyone dumbass.
BlackLab
AG
"In a report from Sports Illustrated, their sources claim Philadelphia is having internal discussions about putting together trade packages for Leonard which involves sending Dario Saric and Robert Covington to the San Antonio Spurs."
AG
BlackLab said:

"In a report from Sports Illustrated, their sources claim Philadelphia is having internal discussions about putting together trade packages for Leonard which involves sending Dario Saric and Robert Covington to the San Antonio Spurs."
Pass. Better include the Miami pick and/or Fultz
Guitarsoup
AG
Rights to Zhaire Smith wouldn't be a bad asset to acquire, too.
AG
For sure. Would love to add his athleticism to Lonnie and Dejounte. That said, i bet this **** is leaking to drive the LAL offer up. If Magic and Co can be convinced someone else is going to swoop in for KL and they could miss out on all 3 stars, they may pony up a real "Godfather offer"
duck79
AG
Then Lebron should tell him to stay in SA and he will sign there.
Guitarsoup
AG
Word is that Fultz is not included in any Philly talks.
Pendragon12
AG
The unprotected 2021 pick has to be included then.
AG
Guitarsoup said:

which, if thats the case, Spurs should walk. Saric and Covington are nice. but i would rather take the lakers deal.
Guitarsoup
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Guitarsoup said:

which, if thats the case, Spurs should walk. Saric and Covington are nice. but i would rather take the lakers deal.
Rumors I have heard is the Lakers deal is Ingram+Kuzma and possibly two terrible picks.

Saric
Covington
Zhaire
Miami pick

I think that's better.

Both are pretty poor though considering what each team stands to gain.
flashplayer
AG

BlackLab said:

Per twitter:

Definitely not enough

The Lakers will cave. They have to give up more than that. Their first round picks might not end up worth shti
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Guitarsoup said:

Rumors I have heard is the Lakers deal is Ingram+Kuzma and possibly two terrible picks.

Saric
Covington
Zhaire
Miami pick

I think that's better.

Both are pretty poor though considering what each team stands to gain.
if they include the Miami pick and Zhaire, i agree with you. If its only Saric and Covington, then no.
TyHolden
AG
I'm thinking kawhi is really done and he and pop are just ****ing with everybody to see him get paid. And to screw lebron. I have sauces.
aggieactor01
AG
I missed this yesterday:

Not that it means much other than they can match, but thought it worth posting in case others missed it as well.
Guitarsoup
AG
New Lowe article

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23938913/zach-lowe-nba-free-agency-preview-lebron-james-paul-george-kawhi-leonard
04.arch.ag
AG
Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Deng and a first rounder for Kawhi and Patty. Patty would be a rich mans Dellavadova along side of Lebron.

Flip Ball, Lonnie Walker and the lakers first for Porzingis

You're welcome.

flashplayer
AG
04.arch.ag said:

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Deng and a first rounder for Kawhi and Patty. Patty would be a rich mans Dellavadova along side of Lebron.

Flip Ball, Lonnie Walker and the lakers first for Porzingis

You're welcome.

That's basically trading Patty's absurd contract for Dengs worse contract. No thanks.

Knicks ain't trading Porzingis for Ball and a mid first rounder.
04.arch.ag
AG
I know. You have to take deng to get all three of Kuzma ball and Ingram. Patty makes money work and he would be useful for the Lakers to incentivize getting all three. The porzingis trade could be replaced with another younger piece. Fact is spurs probably want no part of ball but he would be valuable to other teams
Guitarsoup
AG
I think Ball is much less valuable than his Paige ceiling because of his family circus. I can't imagine many teams want to deal with him or his dad.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I think Ball is much less valuable than his Paige ceiling because of his family circus. I can't imagine many teams want to deal with him or his dad.

If the world didn't know who Lavar Ball was, the Spurs might be interested in Lonzo. As it is, he's way harder to move than a #2 overall pick with his upside should be. Between pick Lonzo and Dangelo Russell a few years ago, that's a couple of pretty big **** shows. Even for LA.
Guitarsoup
AG
I think Pop and Chip could turn him into Kidd if his dad and family weren't around.
Guitarsoup
AG

Seems like the Lalas are trying to force Kawhi for Deng and a future first (top-25 protected, naturally)
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Seems like the Lalas are trying to force Kawhi for Deng and a future first (top-25 protected, naturally)

What do they see Ingram that makes him so untouchable that they're not willing to offer him up for a deal that could potentially land them Kawhi, LeBron, and Paul George?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.