*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,967 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
DTP02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish, but there just isn't anything that the Spurs can offer that the Cavs are going to be willing to take back.
Ag Natural
AG
I don't see LBJ going to SA. But that being said, I absolutely believe that if he wanted to all parties could figure out a way to make it work. So many deals get done nowadays that have no logic it's crazy. The guys pulling the strings can make it happen.
TyHolden
AG
Bron and Kawhi to the late show...bet the farm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
flashplayer
AG
Ha, yeah maybe Timmy could dig deep for an unretirement victory lap if Lebron comes to town.
Chipotlemonger
AG
flashplayer said:

Ha, yeah maybe Timmy could dig deep for an unretirement victory lap if Lebron comes to town.

I'm not a LeBron fan, but if this were a result of him coming here I would wholeheartedly want that.

(Said with the sad realization that this will never happen)
Guitarsoup
AG
DTP02 said:

I wish, but there just isn't anything that the Spurs can offer that the Cavs are going to be willing to take back.

LBJ had a no trade clause so Bron can force them to trade and get something or just walk away and they get nothing.

Philly, Boston, and Lakers probably had be the best chips but Bron also doesn't want all the talented pieces leaving for him to come in because it runs the team a la Melo to Knicks
LouisHerbertWong
AG
We shall see: http://foxsanantonio.com/sports/spurs-kawhi-leonard-expected-to-agree-to-extension-per-report
Guitarsoup
AG

Hope the Spurs can land him cheap to be starting PG.
Guitarsoup
AG
Likely because Buffalo Bayou is no Riverwalk.

dave99ag
AG
NIOSA > Art Car Parade so says LeBron.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Not earth shattering news but the Spurs are expected to offer Anderson the qualifying offer which is around $4.7MM.
Iowaggie
AG
Woj update on Kawhi and Pop
StillNotAnAggie
I just got an update from ESPN on my phone that was titled Kawhi for Lonzo?

Get the **** outta here with that nonsense.
Sports-Ag
AG
StillNotAnAggie said:

I just got an update from ESPN on my phone that was titled Kawhi for Lonzo?

Get the **** outta here with that nonsense.

Got that as well. Laughed and immediately deleted it. Some of these stories are just out there.
Guitarsoup
AG
Pop vs Big Baller
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Pop vs Big Baller

Pop might murder Lavar
Ag Natural
AG
Pop would cut off his own pecker before he'd enter into any relationship with the Ball family.
Guitarsoup
AG
Their trade was:
KL+Joffery for Deng, Ball, kuzma

To Philly:
KL+white for Covington, Fultz+#10

To Boston for Kyrie and picks

Or
KL+Patty for Gordon+ Rozier

To heat:

Kawhi+Patty for
Dragic, Josh Richardson, Justice Winslow & Bam

To Raptors
KL+Gay for DeRozan, Anunoby, siakam.

To Portland:
KL+White for CJ+picks

West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

If the worst case scenario happens and we end up having to deal Kawhi, this is the only one of those trades that I like.
West Texan
AG
Draft is just over a week away, and unless something blows up between Kawhi and Pop between now and then, we're gonna keep our #18 pick. IMO the Spurs will target a wing player with (potentially) Kawhi, Green, Anderson, Manu, and Gay not being around longer. There are quite a few interesting 3 and D candidates that could be available that low.

Kevin Huerter, Zhaire Smith, Troy Brown, Khyri Thomas, Lonnie Walker, and Jacob Evans are all projected to be around in the range that we're picking. I've been a fan of the tools that Troy Brown possesses and I like him, but Huerter has really been growing on me. Great shooter and passer, solid rebounder, and a good enough athlete and smart enough to be a decent defender. The shooting ability instantly translates and I think he'd be smart enough to make an impact pretty quickly. Pop rarely plays rookies a whole lot, but in a second unit that really struggled to space the floor he's fit in nicely.
Pendragon12
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

If the worst case scenario happens and we end up having to deal Kawhi, this is the only one of those trades that I like.
I feel like for me to like any trade with Boston, I want one of Brown or Tatum. Younger, probably higher ceiling than Hayward.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Iowaggie said:

Noticed in that article that the expectation is 1-2 years left of Pop coaching the Spurs.

Quote:

Few in his orbit expect Popovich to coach the Spurs beyond the 2020 Summer Olympics, and there always has been the possibility that he could spend the 2019-20 season traveling around the NBA and across the globe
Ag Natural
AG
None of those trades are even worth considering. Let's just offer KL the supermax and force a team to really deal to take that on.
aggieactor01
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Iowaggie said:

Noticed in that article that the expectation is 1-2 years left of Pop coaching the Spurs.

Quote:

Few in his orbit expect Popovich to coach the Spurs beyond the 2020 Summer Olympics, and there always has been the possibility that he could spend the 2019-20 season traveling around the NBA and across the globe

That's what jumped out to me as well.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Apparently, Pop, Timmy, and Kawhi are in NYC right now. Hopefully this thing gets done soon.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Apparently, Pop, Timmy, and Kawhi are in NYC right now. Hopefully this thing gets done soon.

Timmy
Ulrich
On one hand, Hayward is a good player. On the other hand, Kawhi annihilates him on both ends every time they get matched up, which makes it very difficult to favor a trade where Hayward is the centerpiece.
Guitarsoup
AG
If Pop/Chip Engelland thought Fultz could be fixed, I could be talked into

Fultz + Covington + TJ McConnell + 10 + 26
Kawhi and Patty
Chipotlemonger
AG
I still think when healthy Kawhi has Top 5 player in the NBA, possibly even as high as 3rd behind KD and LeBron (not in that order). Hope that everyone can mend things over and we can move on. We shall see what happens!
Ag Natural
AG
Only an idiot would trade Kawhi. Period.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

Only an idiot would trade Kawhi. Period.

If Kawhi doesn't want to be here, your other option is to just let him **** out another year then walk away with nothing. Yes , that's the much more intelligent decision
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yeah, I much prefer everyone to work it out and him stay here, but if he doesn't want to be here then the Spurs need to trade him and get value back.
Ag Natural
AG
Maybe I'm old fashioned. But if I am in charge Kawhi isn't traded for anything less than an all nba player. If he leaves in free agency and takes 60 million less then so be it, I can sleep at night. I wouldn't want to be the GM who traded Harden, or Shaq, or Kyrie for what amounts to a hill of beans.
West Texan
AG
Ag Natural said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned. But if I am in charge Kawhi isn't traded for anything less than an all nba player. If he leaves in free agency and takes 60 million less then so be it, I can sleep at night. I wouldn't want to be the GM who traded Harden, or Shaq, or Kyrie for what amounts to a hill of beans.

So you'd rather get nothing at all? There's not a single person here who is advocating trading Kawhi. However, if he makes it clear that he doesn't want to be here and will opt out after this coming season, then we better have a GM that will get us the best pieces we can possibly get. No one swaps All NBA talent for All NBA talent. You're looking st solid young prospects, draft picks, or possibly an All Star caliber type player.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.