*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

307,131 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://streamable.com/94nci
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jteagle
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

flashplayer
AG
You've clinched the playoffs and this team has zero shot at a title and slightly better shot than that to even participate in the WCF.

Do the right thing and wave the white flag on Wednesday's game. Forbes, Paul, and White should log at least 30 min apiece.

Move up a draft spot or two. Save Manu and LMAs legs for the playoffs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You realize everyone is still fighting for seeds. Right?
jteagle
AG
Ulrich
Is Cooley for Sacramento an actual bear?
flashplayer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think a lot of teams look at the potential matchups and do what's in their best interest. The west 3-8 right now is a crapshoot, and the Spurs don't have the big guns to contend with Houston or GSW. Even with a Steph-less Kawhi-less matchup with the warriors, the Spurs would need to play way better than they have all season just to take that 7 games.

Bottom line, it ain't happening this year. Don't penalize yourself at the draft by 2-3 spots chasing some false sense of accomplishment. That's all I'm saying
Iowaggie
AG
Ulrich said:

Is Cooley for Sacramento an actual bear?

He reminds me of when you play pick up basketball, and some wrestler is needed for a 10th.
Seems so out of place on an NBA court.
Enzo The Baker
AG
flashplayer said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think a lot of teams look at the potential matchups and do what's in their best interest. The west 3-8 right now is a crapshoot, and the Spurs don't have the big guns to contend with Houston or GSW. Even with a Steph-less Kawhi-less matchup with the warriors, the Spurs would need to play way better than they have all season just to take that 7 games.

Bottom line, it ain't happening this year. Don't penalize yourself at the draft by 2-3 spots chasing some false sense of accomplishment. That's all I'm saying

I really think the Spurs should try and lose against the Pelicans and rest the starters and Manu. The Spurs have the tie breaker against Minnesota so can't fall to 8th. If they lose to the the Pels and OKC beats Memphis (likely) the spurs will fall to 7th to play GS in the first round. I like this for two reasons. One it gives a fighter's chance for the Spurs to beat the Warriors who aren't playing well without Curry and makes the second round easier playing the 3rd/6th seed. And second if the Spurs were in the 7th position they would get the 19th pick in the draft.
flashplayer
AG
The only thing about falling to 8th you didn't mention is that it's possible if Denver wins. Though, it moves you up one more spot in the draft, so there's that

But round 1 vs Rockets would be a bloodbath. .
Ag Natural
AG
Why does anyone think a few draft spots is worth anything?
Enzo The Baker
AG
flashplayer said:

The only thing about falling to 8th you didn't mention is that it's possible if Denver wins. Though, it moves you up one more spot in the draft, so there's that

The Spurs have the tiebreaker with Minnesota and Denver. We can't fall to 8th.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Well if the Spurs somehow get the 4th seed, I think there is a difference between 19 and 22. Other than being ahead of three other teams in the draft to draft a better player, it adds value as a trade piece.

But more than that, the best chance for the Spurs to get to the WCF is playing the weak Warriors now instead of at full strength in the second round.
CFTXAG10
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

flashplayer said:

They have it over Minnesota but not Denver. Denver would have a better division record at 10-6 vs. Spurs 9-7. Assuming the Thunder beat the Grizzlies, if the Nuggets win and Spurs lose it would be Rockets vs. Spurs.
Burn-It
AG
What seed do Spurs get if Utah loses to GSW & PTB and Spurs beat NOP? Do they move to #4?

Also, if Utah splits, and Spurs beat NOP, do we have tie-breaker that gets us a #4 seed?
AKA 13-0
Sports-Ag
AG
Burn-It said:

What seed do Spurs get if Utah loses to GSW & PTB and Spurs beat NOP? Do they move to #4?

Also, if Utah splits, and Spurs beat NOP, do we have tie-breaker that gets us a #4 seed?

1. I would think the Spurs would move to 4th if the Jazz lose their last 2 games and if Spurs beat the Pels.

2. The Jazz won the season series vs the Spurs and Pelicans. So if Spurs have the same record as Utah the Jazz would be 4th.
Enzo The Baker
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

flashplayer said:

They have it over Minnesota but not Denver. Denver would have a better division record at 10-6 vs. Spurs 9-7. Assuming the Thunder beat the Grizzlies, if the Nuggets win and Spurs lose it would be Rockets vs. Spurs.
My mistake. I misunderstood. Thanks.
CFTXAG10
AG
No problem. The seeding in the West this year is crazy, and fwiw I want to see you guys play the Warriors so someone can "unintentionally" end Pachulia's season due to injury
flashplayer
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

No problem. The seeding in the West this year is crazy, and fwiw I want to see you guys play the Warriors so someone can "unintentionally" end Pachulia's season due to injury

ending Durant's season would be the minimum requirement for a reciprocal thank you present
jteagle
AG
Austin Spurs play the Raptors tonight for a chance to win the G-League championship. Game at 7 on ESPNU. If you haven't seen them play they are pretty good. Lots of shooters. They don't have a dominant big man but Matt Costello is a beast at blocking shots. Derrick White has been dominating and Darrun Hilliard has been pretty steady as well.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Kawhi is officially out tomorrow. He ain't coming back.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The sooner you accept it the less it really matters
jteagle
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

The sooner you accept it the less it really matters
Long past it!
jteagle
AG
Austin completely destroyed the Raptors tonight to win the G-League championship!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm hoping he's back for game 1 of the playoffs.
HotardAg07
AG
flashplayer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm hoping he's back for game 1 of the playoffs.

I'd like some of whatever you're smoking my friend.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
This first half is probably a good indicator of our opening playoff series. Ugly, ugly, ugly...
flashplayer
AG
Not watching, but looks like they mailed this one in. I would say it was intentional but they did the same thing vs. the Kings, Lakers, and Clippers recently.

They're just wildly inconsistent and that will make for a short first round series against Golden State or Houston, which it's now certain they'll be playing barring a Spurs miracle comeback with OKC routing Memphis
MookieBlaylock
AG
So yeah blown out by the pelicans

Where do we land?

HotardAg07
AG
Right now, 66% chance of playing GS, 33% chance of playing HOU
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CIA Pop
Sports-Ag
AG
If the T-wolves win Spurs are the 7th seed and play the Warriors.
If the Nuggets win Spurs are the 8th seed and play the Rockets.
MookieBlaylock
AG
So 7 or 8
Nice

Just trademarked my Fiesta Medal for next year

Puta Kawhai
It's a leopard colored vagina

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.