*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,995 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
jteagle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Patty and Rudy both made tough shots today that they don't make consistently. I hope that it's a sign of things to come, but it's not something we'd usually see from them, especially in the same game.
I think Rudy is starting to get more consistent with his game. And Patty has been playing much, much better during this run to make the playoffs although I still cringe when he handles the ball at the end of the game. He is much better when he is not playing the point.
MookieBlaylock
AG
If Leonard and no I won't refer to him by his first name until he takes the floor like a man comes back

This team could win it all as they are a match up nightmare for GS Cleveland and Houston

Enzo The Baker
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
aggie_fan13
AG
So is kawhi gonna play or nah ?
flashplayer
AG
No. I'm just curious what the Spurs can put together in exchange for him. Surely a bunch of teams are going to sell the farm for him and his group.

Add a couple nice pieces and a draft pick, bring back Rudy Gay for whatever he demands, and run it back with this group.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Rumour running around about Leonard is a Yuge deal from Nike if he goes to LA

Apparently it fell thru bc his uncle is a jackhole
And screwing his market value

We shall see
flashplayer
AG
At least Kawhi didn't KD the Spurs and leave them high and dry. That's the only silver lining.

He did shat on their shot at a title this year though.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Never say never!
Sports-Ag
AG
Had no business losing that game. Terrible defense. They can't seem to win on the road when they play the Clippers.

Still don't understand why Pop doesn't play Rudy in the end.
Sports-Ag
AG
They also gave up 41 points in the 4th! I can not recall a season where they have given up more than 40+ points in a quarter than this season. I know kawhi is out but come on.
Ag Natural
AG
Really strange fourth quarter.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
What a ****ing joke.
Sports-Ag
AG
Currently tied with Utah in the standings but sine the Jazz hold the tiebreaker spurs are 5th.
superunknown
AG
If you used to read 48 minutes of hell, they are back as a newsletter.

https://tinyletter.com/48minutesofhell
Sports-Ag
AG
Deja vu all over again. Defense in the 4th is a no show which has been a regular this season. Can't beat the 2 bad LA teams.

Also, missed free throws in the 4th. This team looks a lot different on the road. They really need to be 4th in the west to get home court but they are letting that slip away
Enzo The Baker
AG
I want the Spurs to fall to 8th at this point. Only 3 games left. Kawhi's not coming back. It's a lost season. Might as well try and salvage the season a little by getting a pick in the teens.

I feel bad for LA who hasn't gotten any consistent help all season and for Manu in what could be his last go.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
This team blows. Do us all a favor and miss the playoffs... Put an end to this failure of a season.
aggie_fan13
AG
Lot of horse**** plays run by pop, old man is losing it
SquirrellyDan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Well, unfortunately for the Spurs they aren't going to get to the point in the playoffs where they'd be facing Sir Pringles--if they make the playoffs at all.

Don't become like Dallas fans and live in the past; you're better than that.

Sports-Ag
AG
I still want the Spurs to make the playoffs because LMA has been great and Spurs not being in the playoffs is just weird.

The good thing is Denver plays the T-wolves twice and the clippers once. Clippers plays the Jazz and Pelicans who are fighting for a better seed so something will have to give there. Just need Denver and the Clippers to be officialy out and Spurs can make it if they can take care of business.
Enzo The Baker
AG
PrimeTime09 said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Well, unfortunately for the Spurs they aren't going to get to the point in the playoffs where they'd be facing Sir Pringles--if they make the playoffs at all.

Don't become like Dallas fans and live in the past; you're better than that.

No, I'm not.

Ag Natural
AG
SA flat out sucks on the road while being pretty good at home. The discrepancy is astounding.
phatpat21
What in the actual hell is going on with this team? From the horrible should never happen losses to all the off court drama. This year is just a load of crap. So freaking frustrating and the future is a little worrisome as well. What in the world is actually going on with Kawhi? I feel like it was just yesterday they were up FREAKING 30 POINTS ON THE WARRIORS. He gets hurt, Spurs get swept and nothing has been the same. I just don't get it
Harry Dunne

Enzo The Baker
AG
Denver hung on last night against he wolves. Spurs are still only one game ahead of the 9th spot in the loss column.

And Lillard says he's going to play against the Spurs tomorrow. He needs to if Portland wants to hold on to the 3rd spot.
jteagle
AG
In for a little good news. Austin Spurs beat the Lakers G-league team to make the G-League finals. Derrick White was a beast. 35 pts, 5-10 from 3, 13-14 from the field, 3 blocks. Matt Costello finished with 11 blocked shots.
04.arch.ag
AG
I am a Rockets first guy but have lived in SA for the last 12 years and talk plenty spurs with co-workers. I haven't read thru the thread and I am sure it has been discussed but what are some realistic trade scenarios.

Celtics- pick 3 of the 4
Smart, Brown, Tatum, 1st rounder

Knicks- Unicorn and a pick

Twolves- Wiggins and multiple picks

Cavs- LeBron

I just don't know how you get value for a top 5 player
Enzo The Baker
AG
No matter what 'realistic' offers are out there, the Spurs are always going to lose out on the deal. You don't replace someone like Kawhi. As we saw with the Celtics and Kyrie, the team that gets the best player is the winner.

Out of all of those scenarios, the Celtics one would be most enticing if Kawhi really wants out. However, I really don't see the Celtics giving up that much because 1) they'd already have stars coming off of significant injuries 2) they'd only get Kawhi for a year and 3) their young guys provide them with great value for the cap.
Guitarsoup
AG
Kawhi for Caruso straight up. Kawhi gets to play in LA and the Spurs get the best two-way player in the NBA. Fair for everyone.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Kawhi for Caruso straight up. Kawhi gets to play in LA and the Spurs get the best two-way player in the NBA. Fair for everyone.

I give up with the gif!

Guitarsoup
AG
azulAg said:

So is kawhi gonna play or nah ?

Kawhi? Never heard of her.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Send him to the Knicks for Porzingas and retire Pop

Ag Natural
AG
Pretty big win tonight. Magic number is now 1.
jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

Pretty big win tonight. Magic number is now 1.
And their next game is against Sacramento at home. If they stay as a 6th seed that isn't the worst place to be. Portland in the 1st round, Golden St likely in the 2nd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.