*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,952 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tough to keep up with GSW for 4 quarters. This follows our recent trends in games against them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Puro pinshi espurs
Ulrich
Chipotlemonger said:

Tough to keep up with GSW for 4 quarters. This follows our recent trends in games against them.

Shouldn't be tough with Curry, Durant, Thompson, and Green out. Looks like we'll probably pull this one out, but there was a lot of really bad basketball played tonight.

EDIT: nevermind. I'll save the real negativity for a loss.
agwin12
AG
LA pretty well said F this, give me the ball. Literally took over the 4th.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
jteagle
AG
agwin12 said:

LA pretty well said F this, give me the ball. Literally took over the 4th.
4th qtr
Lamarcus 19 pts
Warriors 12
LouisHerbertWong
AG
agwin12 said:

Spurs are blowing this game. From 16 point lead to losing by 2 at the start of the 4th.
See my post at 2:16 yesterday.

Glad we got the W, but I've never understood why the Spurs ALWAYS fall apart in the 3rd quarter. Literally been this way the entirety of Pop's regime. It's frustrating and we usually pull off the win, but watching the team continuously lose leads in the 3rd is fairly crazy.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

dave99ag said:

Is Manu for certain hanging them up this year?

With the way he has been playing lately, it seems more and more likely.

If he got a two-year deal in means that we can still pay him the rest of his contract after he retires only we spread the money out over 3 years. Thank you for taking less money than you could have taken over the years parting gift
flashplayer
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

agwin12 said:

Spurs are blowing this game. From 16 point lead to losing by 2 at the start of the 4th.

Glad we got the W, but I've never understood why the Spurs ALWAYS fall apart in the 3rd quarter. Literally been this way the entirety of Pop's regime. It's frustrating and we usually pull off the win, but watching the team continuously lose leads in the 3rd is fairly crazy.

There were a few years sprinkled in there where this just wasn't true. But many years it had been true. The thing about having a good team, you're usually up at half. The other team is really pressing in the third quarter to make it a game.

So part of a 3rd quarter bugaboo is actually being a better team than most teams in the first place. I think that's a big part of what we saw then, whereas most teams wish they had that problem.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Clippers lose, Thunder lose, Jazz lose.
Ag Natural
AG
flashplayer said:

AustinAg2012 said:

agwin12 said:

There were a few years sprinkled in there where this just wasn't true. But many years it had been true. The thing about having a good team, you're usually up at half. The other team is really pressing in the third quarter to make it a game.

So part of a 3rd quarter bugaboo is actually being a better team than most teams in the first place. I think that's a big part of what we saw then, whereas most teams wish they had that problem.
The Spurs also use their bench liberally and typically the 3rd quarter is where you end up playing 5 minutes with a lot of bench guys. If the other team is trying to come back they will use starters to make a run. During the regular season Pop has been pretty stubborn about this and sometimes it bites him.
jteagle
AG
Good win tonight. They actually dominated the 3rd qtr and had a commanding lead when Pop emptied the bench. The final score made it look alot closer than it actually was.
Ag Natural
AG
LA absolutely makes Gortat his beach tonight. Man he's playing well right now. If Kawhi somehow came back this team could be scary.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is this true?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22870675/san-antonio-spurs-held-players-only-meeting-imploring-kawhi-leonard-return-playoff-push
Enzo The Baker
AG
That's pretty nuts if it is. But ESPN has been off on pretty much everything they've written about the situation.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is this true?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22870675/san-antonio-spurs-held-players-only-meeting-imploring-kawhi-leonard-return-playoff-push
We managed to turn into Team TMZ this season lol.
Sports-Ag
AG
It's been very odd hearing stories about Kawhi all season. Definitely not use to this as a Spurs fan.
aggie_fan13
AG
personally i think hes gonna go somewhere else
some men you just cant reach ...
flashplayer
AG
There's too much smoke for it not to be true. This is 100x the smoke of LA last year. Manu's comments were telling. Everyone has admitted it's been a frustrating situation. Kawhi is listening to his "circle " and they want out into a bigger market. He is holding out trying to get a trade. Bank on it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I hope it's not the case. It's just so against the person I envisioned Kawhi to be.
saltydog13
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is this true?

Danny Green retweeted this and responded that the report was completely incorrect.
Pendragon12
AG
saltydog09 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is this true?

Danny Green retweeted this and responded that the report was completely incorrect.

Wouldn't shock me. Every time something like this has come up, someone involved (RC, Kawhi, Kawhi's uncle) has said it isn't true. Every. Time.
mike_ags_fan12
Over dramatic Woj
mike_ags_fan12
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/spurs-hold-players-meeting-urge-kawhi-leonards-return-playoff-push-165023039.html

Jabari Young of SA express said the meeting wasn't tense
jteagle
AG
As a science person I always want evidence. So far the evidence that I have seen says that Kawhi is not the type of person to cause problems and drama. It's my opinion that ESPN and other outlets try to create stories from hearsay and speculation. Of course I could be completely wrong and I will admit it if I am but until I see proof I will expect that things are being blown out of proportion by the media.
tbirdspur2010
AG
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Jabari Young
I trust him.
Ag Natural
AG
jteagle said:

As a science person I always want evidence. So far the evidence that I have seen says that Kawhi is not the type of person to cause problems and drama. It's my opinion that ESPN and other outlets try to create stories from hearsay and speculation. Of course I could be completely wrong and I will admit it if I am but until I see proof I will expect that things are being blown out of proportion by the media.

Yeah either blown out of proportion or completely fabricated. So many want to use the LA situation last year as "evidence " that rumors can be true. The big difference is LA has had a history of being a little disgruntled and letting people know about it. And oh btw, the Spurs ended up handling that situation perfectly. I see no reason to doubt them here either.
flashplayer
AG
1. There was definitely a players only meeting
2. The topic was definitely Kawhi and his return

We don't know what the temperature was, but just the fact that such a meeting was called makes it clear that Kawhi isn't communicating with the team and it is causing them some level of concern.

That is a problem. No way to spin this to say nothing to see here. Maybe the Spurs aren't melting down over it and maybe Kawhi really finishes his career in SA, but to pretend like things are all hunky dory right now is ostrich with head in sand level homerism.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Big game vs Jazz tonight. Need LA to go beast mode again.
LawHall88
AG
This seems ... troubling.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/23/tony-parker-my-quad-injury-100-times-worse-than-kawhi-leonards/
flashplayer
AG
Tony and Manu are both gamers. They've both played badly hurt many times, especially from 09-14 when they were the backbone of the team. I'd imagine they're pissed that Kawhi is being a p u say.
ToHntortoFsh
In the article it's says they were both having tendinopathy last year which led to Parker rupturing his. I took his quote to mean his got 100x worse when he tried to play through it.
"America is a nation that can be defined in a single word:

Asufutimaehaehfutbw"
Ag Natural
AG
I tend to ignore all the speculation about Kawhi and any sort of "temperature" gauge on the relationship. The guy doesn't communicate and never has. He also doesn't have a history of changing his mind, being temperamental, selfish, or petty. I recall the story Steve Fisher told about his recruitment in college. He verbal-ed pretty early in the process and the SDSU rarely heard from him. He was the 2nd or 3rd highest ranked player in the state and obviously being pursued by everyone. Needless to say they were worried and frantic about it. Then on signing day the fax comes in, no drama.
Ulrich
Kawhi looked kind of sick the other day when he was behind the bench. I wonder if that's playing into this somehow.
Pendragon12
AG
Thought the same thing.
mike_ags_fan12
Not sure why tony would release that statement about his injury at a time like this. Trying to measure decks or something?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.