*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,965 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
aggie_fan13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
season tickets for life and you got a deal ">
Enzo The Baker
AG
If that were against any other team in the league, the Spurs would have lost by double digits. They look awful. GSW, OKC, and HOU next.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In SA? Unlikely.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea, the half-full arena tonight was really imposing.
aggie_fan13
AG
Are tickets cheap now or nah ?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Gasol injured his shoulder last night. Parker says it's bad. Just another tough break in an injury plagued season.

At least we get to see more of Joffrey.
Guitarsoup
AG

tbirdspur2010
AG
Guitarsoup said:

That. Was. Awesome.
LawHall88
AG

Fslip01
Something fun we did with Danny Green for work.

jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I was watching the game with my family and the room erupted when that happened. It was incredible!
jteagle
AG
LawHall88 said:

I approve of this. I have missed Kawhi this year and I believe if he stays in San Antonio and gets this injury behind him that we can still have championship years ahead of us.
Ag Natural
AG
I sure hope we make the playoffs. All these young guys looked scared at the end against the Warriors. Pop isn't putting Manu, Tony or Gay in and its obvious he cares more about getting these kids experience. Frustrating to watch but it could pay off.
Ag12thman
AG
Had that one and just let it slip away. Screw the warriors.
Sports-Ag
AG
And there's that 4th quarter defense by the spurs that's been a regular this season.

Spurs was outscored 32-20 in the fourth and they had a 9 point lead entering the fourth. Also, Curry left the first 3 minutes of the game and did not return.
Sports-Ag
AG
Agree with the young guys looking scared to shoot towards the end of the fourth. Would have like to see Rudy playing in the final minutes with his size and ability to create his own shot. I don't think Manu played in the second half.
jteagle
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Agree with the young guys looking scared to shoot towards the end of the fourth. Would have like to see Rudy playing in the final minutes with his size and ability to create his own shot. I don't think Manu played in the second half.
No Manu didn't play the second half. I don't know if he aggravated the bruised sternum or Pop just held him out. Three guys had decent looks when they could have tied it but passed up the shot. LaMarcus finally took a bad shot just because that is all he had.

This season reminds me of the 14-15 season after the championship. There were lots of injuries and down the stretch they just couldn't finish games. They finished as a 5th seed and lost in the 1st round to the Clippers. Fortunately we don't have many years like that but I guess ir does happen even to the Spurs.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Kawhi might be back as early as Thursday.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Kawhi might be back as early as Thursday.
They need him!
Good Poster
AG
Anytime the spurs play a "good defense" the offense shows just how bad it can be. With LMA having an off night, the team really showed their offensive flaws. Thunder came out with an exceptional game plan and doubled LMA every chance they had so he couldn't get any 1on1's. He isn't a good enough passer to expose the double team and no one else on the starting unit has the offensive firepower to help carry the load.

I realize TP needed to move to the second unit but without him in the starting lineup and Kawhi out, it leaves LMA and Gasol jumpshots to fuel the offense.

Spurs desperately need Murray to develop at least something of a jump shot over the offseason and obviously need Kawhi healthy.
Ulrich
LMA had been doing a good job of passing between the baseline double to the second defender's man under the basket, but OKC was doing a good job of covering that up... and as you mention, he's not a naturally good passer, he only figured out that one thing.

Pop may be getting too smart with his lineups. If you don't have a good offense because your starting point guard is not very good at offense, swapping out shooting guards probably isn't the answer unless the backup is light years better offensively. Green has been more versatile offensively and better off the dribble than Mills, plus he's 8 inches taller and a much better defender.

Maybe the right thing to do for the team is start Parker (the better point guard), keep Green as the starter, and re-evaluate next year. Maybe there's also some minutes management going on, but this isn't working.
Enzo The Baker
AG
No LMA or Manu tonight. Will likely fall out of the top 8.
aggie_fan13
AG
this is where the fun begins
champagnepapi
Why do we suck?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Obviously not having Kawhi is a big reason. But I think it's more than that. The players just don't gel. Some of that is the players themselves, but a lot of it is coaching too. I don't think Pop has a good pulse of this team.
aggie_fan13
AG
youre a spurs fan as well ?
Ulrich
Aldridge and Mills are basically the only players who have been available all year, so even aside from Leonard it's been tough for the team to settle into a rhythm.
Pendragon12
AG
Ulrich said:

Aldridge and Mills are basically the only players who have been available all year, so even aside from Leonard it's been tough for the team to settle into a rhythm.

Are Mills, Forbes, and Bertans the only guys that have been available to play all season?
LawHall88
AG
Pendragon12 said:

Ulrich said:

Are Mills, Forbes, and Bertans the only guys that have been available to play all season?
Murray and Forbes have played in 65 of 66 games.
jteagle
AG
Pendragon12 said:

Ulrich said:

Team has played 66 games, here are the games played by player.

Murray 65
Mills 66
Bertans 62
Forbes 65
Aldridge 60
Green 54
Gasol 61
Parker 39
Gay 41
Ginobili 51
Leonard 9
Lauvergne 45
jteagle
AG
Even though this is a terrible year for Spurs fans, stats like this one make me realize just how easy it is to be a Spurs fan.

Enzo The Baker
AG
Never thought the Lakers would be in the spot behind us this year.
Ag Natural
AG
Currently in 10th place. Yikes! !
Pumpkinhead
AG
https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/12/17111470/the-end-of-the-spurs

Quote:

John Gonzalez is joined by Shea Serrano and Kevin O'Connor to debate whether the Spurs dynasty is nearing its end (3:09). Then, Jonathan Tjarks and Danny Chau come on to discuss the dominant Toronto Raptors and the scorching-hot Portland Trail Blazers (23:01). Finally, Paolo Uggetti joins to highlight the most important players in the last month of the season (42:38).
Chipotlemonger
AG
Would be a completely foreign feeling to me, and I'm sure others around here, to miss the playoffs completely.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.