PS5

185,555 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

Scored today. Found out my local gamestop had a drop planned for today. Got there 5 minutes before they opened and walked out with one. Pretty easy. Picked up a 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 on the way home. Now to set it all up.

Had to get the forced bundle from them but could have been worse. It came with Ratchet and Clank, Ghosts of Tsushima, and CoD Vanguard. 2 out of 3 ain't bad while I wait for Zero Dawn to come out.

What was the driveout price on the bundle?
Cromagnum
AG
MaroonStain said:

Cromagnum said:

Scored today. Found out my local gamestop had a drop planned for today. Got there 5 minutes before they opened and walked out with one. Pretty easy. Picked up a 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 on the way home. Now to set it all up.

Had to get the forced bundle from them but could have been worse. It came with Ratchet and Clank, Ghosts of Tsushima, and CoD Vanguard. 2 out of 3 ain't bad while I wait for Zero Dawn to come out.

What was the driveout price on the bundle?

Came with the disc console. ($499)
Those 3 games. ($50-60 each)
Charging stand (25)
$50 mandatory gamestop card (turned around and used on 2nd controller)

So like 725 + tax

Now that I've played a bit.
Ratchet and Clank is very fun.
Ghost of Tsushima has jaw dropping visuals. Loving it so far.
Call of Duty...is...well Call of Duty.
OldArmy07
AG
I managed to get ahold of a PS5 disc for me, and an additional one that I don't need.

If anyone is interested in picking it up from me in Prosper, I'm happy to let it part for retail + tax.

The earliest I can meet is Saturday. First one with interest who commits to a time gets it.

Post here or PM.
ExPLK
AG
Scored another one at Best Buy just now. If anyone wants it for cost, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm gonna find someone locally that wants it for their kids and can't seem to get one.
evan_aggie
AG
ExPLK said:

Scored another one at Best Buy just now. If anyone wants it for cost, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm gonna find someone locally that wants it for their kids and can't seem to get one.

You sir, are a gentleman, and a scholar.

I salute you. Good bull.

SquareOne07
AG
ExPLK said:

Well now I kinda feel bad for saying I'll buy it…

Kinda.
Not a Bot
AG
I got mine in early November. I have played it for maybe three hours, total. For some reason I just can't get into video games right now.
ryanhnc10
AG
ExPLK said:

I'm still looking if you have it available
ExPLK
AG
SquareOne - you were first to reply. Did you say you wanted it? Otherwise, I'm going to run with Ryanhnc.
SquareOne07
AG
ExPLK said:

SquareOne - you were first to reply. Did you say you wanted it? Otherwise, I'm going to run with Ryanhnc.

As much as I truly do, my life probably doesn't need it to be engrossed in something this awesome currently. I'll wait until I finish tinkering with a few things and then hopefully the retail craziness will subside.

Thank you so much for the consideration!
ExPLK
AG
SquareOne07 said:

ExPLK said:

As much as I truly do, my life probably doesn't need it to be engrossed in something this awesome currently. I'll wait until I finish tinkering with a few things and then hopefully the retail craziness will subside.

I completely understand. You got it! Thanks for the quick reply.

Ryanhnc - thanks for connecting via email. Will communicate with you there.
ryanhnc10
AG
Email sent if you'd like to edit out your email
ac04
OldArmy07 said:

I managed to get ahold of a PS5 disc for me, and an additional one that I don't need.

If anyone is interested in picking it up from me in Prosper, I'm happy to let it part for retail + tax.

The earliest I can meet is Saturday. First one with interest who commits to a time gets it.

Post here or PM.

do you still have this? have a friend in your area that is looking for one
Cromagnum
AG
Taking a chance just to see, but if anyone in Houston area wants to get an extra controller, I'll sell my white DS5 for $50. It's 1 week old and they retail for $70 new. Trying to go all black over here now that I have my black face plates in.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Sorry, I picked his up yesterday
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ryanhnc10
AG
ExPLK said:

SquareOne07 said:

ExPLK said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but wanted to give a shout-out to ExPLK for helping out a fellow ag. He went out of his way to send me a PS5 when he certainly could have sold it for profit or found someone local to give it to. Very much appreciated and kudos to you!
n_touch
Where in Houston?
Cromagnum
AG
n_touch said:

Where in Houston?

Pearland area.
ExPLK
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

ExPLK said:

SquareOne07 said:

ExPLK said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but wanted to give a shout-out to ExPLK for helping out a fellow ag. He went out of his way to send me a PS5 when he certainly could have sold it for profit or found someone local to give it to. Very much appreciated and kudos to you!

Thanks for the shout out. Happy to help and glad it worked out.
ChemAg15
AG
Had to format my PS5 today. It got the blinking blue light from what I assume was a power outage. I won't be leaving it in rest mode anymore. Some games kept their save data, others did not.
ChemAg15
AG
Anybody have a lead on a PS5? A fellow Ag is asking if I know where he can get one and I told him this thread might be able to help.
n_touch
To far
fig96
AG
Finally scored one via the official site. Got an email inviting me to buy one after signing up for their interest list, hopped in the queue about 30 minutes early and got the buy page about 20 minutes after the drop started. Digital version was sold out so I got the disc drive model and got free two day shipping as a PS Plus member.

Only negative is that it's supposed to get here today and the UPS label still says "awaiting carrier pickup".
HeavyMetalAg
AG
How long ago did you sign up for the notification? I signed up a couple weeks ago, but never saw any kind of estimate on how long it would be.
fig96
AG
Looks like about 6 weeks ago that I got the first email to sign up, then got the invite last Thursday for the queue on Friday.
Pman17
AG
Series X shortage is over
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H75RTZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_***XXWTCAFSQ1RJPTY9K
The Lost
Pman17 said:

wild its still available, it really must be
ExPLK
AG
Pman17 said:

What a ride!
FL_Ag1998
AG
Pman17 said:

What does that have to do with the PS5?
Max Power
AG
I finally got the email yesterday, and I got a link to buy one direct from Sony. They sold out while I was in the que.
92Ag95
AG
November will be 2 fn' years that these b.tches have been out.

Anyone think you'll be able to walk into a store and buy one off the shelf by then?

Doubt it. Fn' ridiculous.
Max Power
AG
You're not wrong. I was juiced, I was going to buy Gran Turismo 7 to go with it. I don't want to buy it for PS4, I'm saving that game specifically for the PS5 experience. Since I've been playing Horizon Forbidden West I know these games late in the PS4 lifecycle are at the limit of what this machine can do. This is the last game I plan on buying for the PS4, any new games will be for the PS5, once I get one.
HeavyMetalAg
AG
We just got a 77" 4k tv at the beginning of March. I decided to hold off on Horizon to see if I can snag a PS5 to play it on. I signed up on the Sony website a while back and haven't gotten anything yet. Wonder if my name stays on the list indefinitely, or if I need to re-enroll after they do a wave.
Dupree
im pretty desperate to get a disc version ps5, anybody know where to get one that i wont be paying over MSRP?
HeavyMetalAg
AG
Depends on how much effort you're willing to put into it. I keep a nowinstock.net page up that I check periodically through the day. You can Google "PS5 restock" and find articles recommending some Twitter follows that put out alerts when online stores have stock up. Sign up for a chance on Sony's website. Regardless, you have to be quick on the draw. Most stock goes away within a few minutes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.