PS5

185,673 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heismenberg said:

I love the Uncharted Series. They did a "remastered" version of the first 3 games. The 4th one that came out a few years ago for PS4 was incredible.
Uncharted is the reason i chose a ps4 over xbox. great story, graphics and characters...just so much fun
Fenrir
Uncharted 4 is amazing. UC1 is weakest of the bunch for sure but 2-4 are all worth it. Have not tried the UC4 dlc yet but heard lots of great things.

All that to say that the new God of War is maybe the best all around game I have ever played. Just excels at everything. Easily top 5 all time for me.
nkc1981
AG
I had never got around to playing it until now, but the unpatched disk version of God of War, running at 4k60fps on the PS5, is amazing. Cant Even imagine how awesome the games will look in a couple years when they start tapping into the full potential of the system.
YNWA_AG
AG
God of war ps4 is in my top 2-3 of all time. Incredible game
DallasTeleAg
Bloodborne is the best game from the PS4 era.

Are we done here?
Chase McGuire
Yes, we are. You can also refer to it as the best game ever made.
Not a Bot
AG
Definitely RDR2.

I second Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, UC4, and Spider-Man. These are pretty universally praised. UC: Lost Legacy isn't bad, either. TLOU Remastered and Part 2 are a must.

I have only played the very beginning of Bloodborne and just can't get into it. That's just me, though.
agproducer
AG
Uncharted 4 is a definite. Also, get the remastered 1-3.

I would suggest playing UC in this order 2, 1, 3 then 4. 4 is undoubtedly the best. 2 is fantastic. 3 is good, but seems to wrap abruptly. 1 is the least polished, but the remastered version is worth playing.

If you never played the Bioshock series, and I know it is cross platform, it is worth checking out the remastered versions.

Chase McGuire
BioShock
TriumphForks
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Bloodborne is the best game from the PS4 era.

Are we done here?
I am replaying Bloodborne right now because I have neglected it during 2020 and it deserves a replay at least once a year.
chase128
AG
I've been waiting to play the FF7 Remake, so when my PS5 arrives, that's the first thing I'm playing. I didn't have a PS4.

Managed to order a PS5 bundle from GameStop last weekend. Was in Bryan visiting family, saw the announcement at 2:45pm for GameStop, and drove down the road. Got in right at 3pm and was 3rd in line. Was a huge stroke of luck.
Chase McGuire
I really enjoyed FF7 Remake. Gorgeous game with really fun combat. I would advise skipping all of the side quests, though. They really, really suck from a writing, effort and production value standpoint. Worse than most other RPGs. The main campaign path is excellent though.
goodAg80
AG
ebay prices for disc version are lower now... below $900 with shipping.

Last week it was $920-950.

Still not reasonable, but it is a good sign that supply is a little bit closer to demand. As we get closer to Christmas I expect it to drop faster.
Not a Bot
AG
Wal-Mart will have more at 2pm CT. May actually have a chance as the prices on eBay go down it seems the bots/scalpers are seeing less profit motive. I read an article yesterday about some of the scalpers getting nervous that they may have a hard time unloading their supply for a profit.
goodAg80
AG
Quote:

Wal-Mart will have more at 2pm CT.

Thanks. I 'll try to slay the Kraken one more time.
tamusc
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Wal-Mart will have more at 2pm CT. May actually have a chance as the prices on eBay go down it seems the bots/scalpers are seeing less profit motive. I read an article yesterday about some of the scalpers getting nervous that they may have a hard time unloading their supply for a profit.

Here's the links

Proposition Joe
Getting nervous that what, they'd have to return them to get their money back?

It's not like tickets where if the market dumps you might take a loss. There's little to no risk on these buys, which is why the problem was so rampant.
tamusc
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Getting nervous that what, they'd have to return them to get their money back?

It's not like tickets where if the market dumps you might take a loss. There's little to no risk on these buys, which is why the problem was so rampant.

They might not lose the initial cash, but there's the opportunity cost of having that capital tied up in something that doesn't make a profit plus the time, effort, and expense of getting them (like paying for the bots).

Now, all that said.....**** 'em.
AgSportsFan89
AG
I'm going to try as well. Hoping I can finally snag one
DallasTeleAg
Cactus Jack said:

Definitely RDR2.

I second Horizon: Zero Dawn, God of War, UC4, and Spider-Man. These are pretty universally praised. UC: Lost Legacy isn't bad, either. TLOU Remastered and Part 2 are a must.

I have only played the very beginning of Bloodborne and just can't get into it. That's just me, though.
Be better at video games and stop dying!
bangobango
AG
Just an update on the PS5 that was delivered to the wrong person. Fedex conducted their investigation and declared the item "lost." They didn't bother to call, text, or email me those results, however, they also won't tell me what they did to actually investigate. I've informed the seller, but he's not really doing anything from what I can tell.

Ebay website help page says that the seller has three days to resolve the issue or I could ask ebay to step in. Automated email I just received from ebay says that I cannot ask ebay to step in until six (not three) days after opening the ticket.
fig96
AG
While this obviously sucks, I don't see how the seller would have any responsibility here? The failed/missing delivery would be on FedEx.
MW03
AG
Delay of game. 10 min penalty...
MW03
AG
bangobango said:

Just an update on the PS5 that was delivered to the wrong person. Fedex conducted their investigation and declared the item "lost." They didn't bother to call, text, or email me those results, however, they also won't tell me what they did to actually investigate. I've informed the seller, but he's not really doing anything from what I can tell.

Ebay website help page says that the seller has three days to resolve the issue or I could ask ebay to step in. Automated email I just received from ebay says that I cannot ask ebay to step in until six (not three) days after opening the ticket.
Small claims court against FedEx will get your money back at least.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Yeah it was telling me 10 min, but after refreshing that I couldn't add to cart because it was out of stock
Ag13
AG
I finally got one at Wal-Mart right after 2pm - good luck everyone
MW03
AG
Ag13 said:

I finally got one at Wal-Mart right after 2pm - good luck everyone

Well I tried at 2p on the nose, every time i added it said "out of stock" and now it's telling me to try at 3:10et...
Not a Bot
AG
My home Internet went out at 1:44 PM. Had to try to use my phone and the Walmart app, did not go well.
cr0wbar
AG
Same for me - Ag13 is confirmed bot.

GLHF in T-minus 4 minutes...
Ag13
AG
cr0wbar said:

HA I wish. I got the 2:10 message too, refreshed, and then added to cart and the order went through. So it's possible! Good luck
AgSportsFan89
AG
Ag13 said:

cr0wbar said:

HA I wish. I got the 2:10 message too, refreshed, and then added to cart and the order went through. So it's possible! Good luck

I had the same thing but did not refresh fast enough. I clicked the captcha but got an out of stock message eventually
TriumphForks
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Cactus Jack said:

Definitely RDR2.

Be better at video games and stop dying!
If you go into Bloodborne blind and have no idea what you are doing you are asking to have a bad time. The game almost requires at least a base knowledge of how to approach it before diving in. I'd suggest watching the first few parts of someone's walkthrough on youtube and then start your own playthrough.

I understand for a lot of people that any amount of "pre-work" that may be suggested just to play a game sounds very unappealing. But my goodness is the reward on the back end worth it. Without question Bloodborne is one of my favorite gameplay experiences in my 30+ years of gaming since the NES days. It is a masterpiece.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Another 10 min... man i clicked the add to cart and captcha as fast as my reflexes would allow, but still no good
MW03
AG
can't even get the captcha
cr0wbar
AG
Congrats. Kept punching that blue "Add to Cart" only to have the out of stock. Now pushed to 2:20 CST. I think I'll buy a PS5 next summer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.