PS5

185,671 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
azul_rain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are they purposefully not producing many of them ?
Chase McGuire
No. There is a worldwide shortage of computer chips for many products, including PS5. They have already sold more PS5s than PS4s in the same timeframe. Demand is incredibly high.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/ps5-has-outsold-ps4-in-its-first-fiscal-year-on-sale%3famp=1
500,000ags
AG
Order went thru at Best Buy for a pickup this Saturday. Finally, after 3+ months of trying. Still not getting excited until it's in my damn hands.
Chase McGuire
Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play coming this Thursday.
Jim01
AG
I just finished up the main story on Horizon: Zero Dawn yesterday. Very enjoyable game. Now working on some side quests. Looking forward to seeing what they bring to the PS5 for the sequel.
Fenrir
You have the complete version with the DLC? It has some ridiculous machine enemies.
Jim01
AG
I do, but haven't done the DLC, just the main story.
C@LAg

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2021/GNS_E.pdf
fav13andac1)c
AG
C@LAg said:

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2021/GNS_E.pdf
Did not know their ROI was 250%. Why didn't they start this sooner?
Chase McGuire

Looks like another homerun for PS Studios.
AggiEE
Chase McGuire said:

Looks like another homerun for PS Studios.

Good lord...GOTY if it comes out in 2021...let's hope

Sony's studios truly are a class apart
Chase McGuire
Between Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Ratchet and Horizon, we're really being spoiled on PS5. Not to mention TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. from not too long ago.
Max Power
AG
Horizon Zero Dawn is my favorite PS4 game, this game looks incredible. It makes me sad I can't play this game right now.
XXXVII
It's May 31, and I still cannot casually go to a store and buy a freaking PS5.
AggiEE
Ratchet received awesome reviews and looks insane

Another great PS5 exclusive
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
AggiEE said:

Ratchet received awesome reviews and looks insane

Another great PS5 exclusive

I'm looking forward to many wasted hours this weekend.
The Lost
XXXVII said:

It's May 31, and I still cannot casually go to a store and buy a freaking PS5.

Hope you're mentally prepped to say it on 12/31 too
ExPLK
AG
I need to find one before the new BF comes out.
CAR96
AG
I was able to purchase the Dual Sense Controller recharger made by Sony at Best Buy. I had almost began to believe these were no longer in production but kept in my saved box at Best Buy website and continued to check.
Works great!
MaroonStain
AG
ExPLK said:

I need to find one before the new BF comes out.

Ditto
AgsWin2011
AG
Anyone tried out the new Ratchet & Clank game? Never played those games before but the graphics look amazing and it looks like it might be pretty fun.
Chase McGuire
Ratchet games are always pretty great, and this one is no different. Does some cool stuff with the PS5 SSD loading levels in a blink. Probably the most gorgeous game I've ever played. The 60 fps mode with ray-tracing looks insane.
AggiEE
Heismenberg said:

Anyone tried out the new Ratchet & Clank game? Never played those games before but the graphics look amazing and it looks like it might be pretty fun.

Love it so far, it's like playing a Pixar movie

Definitely recommend it
The D
AG
I was able to pick up one of these on gamespots website the only day. I tried more than 10 times on various websites and it finally worked !
Fenrir
Looks like Sony is sending out emails to order a batch of PS5s. It is by invitation only looks like from email I received so if you're wanting one check your email.
AGinHI
AG
Fenrir said:

Looks like Sony is sending out emails to order a batch of PS5s. It is by invitation only looks like from email I received so if you're wanting one check your email.
I got one.

I'm not going to feel very special of all y'all have gotten the same email.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
dcaggie04
AG
I didn't get an email.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Be sure to check your junk mail. I almost missed mine because it got filtered out. Only had to give them my social security number and two credit card numbers with CVV to purchase. Plus, I won a free controller for answering a trivia question about my mother's maiden name! Suckers!

Looking forward to playing my brand new PS5! - hit me up on PSN at xxOyStEr69xx
Not a Bot
AG
Another round of PS5 availability today on Sony Direct. Didn't get an email but if the pattern holds they should have some available in a regular queue this afternoon after the "chosen" have their chance.
ExPLK
AG
Scored one today with Best Buy drop. Pickup in a week.
ExPLK
AG
Need some help. My son, who just turned 4, loves playing games and I'm so proud. He started playing COD on the iPad when he was 2 (please don't judge) and he got really good quickly, winning almost every game he played. I synced up a PS4 controller and he got even better (he got nukes in back to back games going 33-1 and 36-0).

I got a switch and he started playing that. He just beat BoTW yelling "take that Gannon!" but has since said that Zelda is by far his favorite game. Here is where I could use some help.

Can you guys recommend any games that are similar to Zelda (open game) that he can play on the PS5? I usually stick to FPS and sports games so not as familiar with this genre. He gets a little scared when there are "big scary monsters" on the game has to be something that isn't terrifying for a 4 yo. TIA
Chase McGuire

Sony finally bought Housemarque
Chase McGuire

And possibly Bluepoint as well?
Max Power
AG
Still no PS5 for me, but I recently started playing Ghost of Tsushima and it's awesome. Probably the most fun game I've played since I finished up Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds. I just have the regular PS4, not even the pro model and the graphics are great, maybe the best I've seen on PS4. Lots of open world fun, I'm liking the combat system as well. Highly recommend it, definitely in the conversation for my top 3 games ever on PS4 and I'm only just getting started.

The last game I was playing was Days Gone, open world zombie game, got repetitive and boring really fast, can't say I recommend that one. Especially if you played and loved The Last of Us, it's just very generic.
V8Aggie
AG
Pretty sure PS5s haven't released yet and this whole thread is a marketing gimmick.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.