PS5

185,608 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
XXXVII
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OMG apparently they are dropping them, but I just got kicked back into the queue. Now I have no chance.
Not a Bot
AG
I got to the front of the queue, but had abandoned all hope by that point and wasn't paying attention. It timed me out.
XXXVII
Aaaaaand they're out of stock.
AgsWin2011
AG
About to do one last desperation attempt on Walmart. Last time it literally was out of stock in less than 5 seconds. Oh well worth one more try I guess. At least I have a Series X.
Not a Bot
AG
Already crashed, not even time yet/
XXXVII
Oh deer immediately at 8:00:01
Not a Bot
AG
Out of stock. Less than 1 minute.
AgsWin2011
AG
Hahahahahahahahaha. Can we all say 2022?
XXXVII
I'm going to stop trying to buy from walmart out of spite.
AgsWin2011
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Out of stock. Less than 1 minute.

More like 1 hundredth of a second.
Not a Bot
AG
That's probably closer to being right. I had the atomic clock up, hit refresh at 7:59:59 and got an "Oh Deer." Hit refresh again and got an "out of stock" page. Then hit it again and then it was available, froze, then "oh deer" then "out of stock" within a minute.

Walmart doesn't have an interest in preventing bots because they don't care who is getting the consoles. A sale is a sale. Sony at least has a business interest in creating a queue as they are trying to reward their PSN subscribers.

And my guess is WalMart only had a few hundred at most. This scheduled time was all about driving traffic to their site to sell other crap.
Proposition Joe
Walmart cancels lots of bot purchases, but yeah going up against them makes it tough.

It's very similar to the way people think about tickets though - "I was on right at XX:XX and I couldn't get anything"... Well, yeah... There's 50,000 people just like you doing the exact same thing.
YNWA_AG
AG

Just started
XXXVII
Meh, I have given up.
Not a Bot
AG
Was refreshing Sony Direct every 15 minutes or so all afternoon. Don't do it for an hour and boom, missed the start of the queue by 20 minutes.
SquirrellyDan
AG
FWIW, a bunch of targets have PS5's in stock as of midnight last night but aren't selling them yet. (you can check your area on popfindr.com). People on reddit are saying Target will release sometime this week, but unlike the nationwide release on Walmart this one will be individual stores.
MW03
AG
Interesting. There are certainly some in stock around me, but no dice using the target app or anything else.
canadiaggie
AG
Target might be the best bet for a lot of y'all. Gotta imagine physical stock at the store kills the bot involvement
Bryan98
AG
I see a couple stores in Houston that supposedly have them, but zero digital editions.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
AgShaun00
AG
Bryan98 said:

I see a couple stores in Houston that supposedly have them, but zero digital editions.
target in sa seem to have some. Digital only. When can we find out release?
SquirrellyDan
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Bryan98 said:

target in sa seem to have some. Digital only. When can we find out release?
Rumors: they will release a few at a time, random from store to store
They will release on Thursday
Again, all rumors from Reddit. I dont think anyone knows for sure.
Proposition Joe
popfindr has shown Target PS5's a number of times over the last two weeks.

Usually it's just already purchased stock being held for in-store pickup.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Proposition Joe said:

But Target hasn't sold any online recently, at least not that I'm aware of. All the twitter accounts that track this stuff don't show any Target sales online.
goodAg80
AG
What time on THU can an order be placed?
SquirrellyDan
AG
No idea.
Proposition Joe
SquirrellyDan said:

Proposition Joe said:

But Target hasn't sold any online recently, at least not that I'm aware of. All the twitter accounts that track this stuff don't show any Target sales online.

I could be wrong, I certainly don't know for sure.

I just know popfindr showed tons of Targets with stock last Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. They weren't for sale online, nor did they have them in store for sale.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I'm happy to report that the $180 Kohl's bucks remained valid and I purchased a $260 Garmin smart watch on Cyber Monday for $170 and ended up using the bucks and paying $9 in taxes total so the PS5 debacle wasn't an entire bust.
MBAR
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

I'm happy to report that the $180 Kohl's bucks remained valid and I purchased a $260 Garmin smart watch on Cyber Monday for $170 and ended up using the bucks and paying $9 in taxes total so the PS5 debacle wasn't an entire bust.
I bought my wife a Christmas gift with it. Free money!
johnnyblaze36
AG
It amazes me they didn't rescind the $180 free Kohl's bucks after God knows how many PS5 orders they had to cancel.
Proposition Joe
Anyone up this morning and happen to get lucky with Target?
CAR96
AG
I tried thru their app. Tried several locations around me with no luck.

I was able to add to cart, my cc information was already there....just never went to a complete final sale. It looked several times like I was getting one but no luck. The 'my store' app showed the Target nearest me had 12 in stock. Other stores close by had ranging from 10-12.

I heard give it 72 hours from this Thursday (so Sunday morning) and some may be back in stock.
AgShaun00
AG
all show out in SA
goodAg80
AG
No luck. Tried it though.
nkc1981
AG
I was able to get one in SA. Added to cart right away but it was giving an error message for a couple mins when i'd click confirm order. after hitting it a bunch of times it never showed a confirmation screen, just said id already reached the max qty to purchase. looked in orders and it had went through.
AgShaun00
AG
nkc1981 said:

I was able to get one in SA. Added to cart right away but it was giving an error message for a couple mins when i'd click confirm order. after hitting it a bunch of times it never showed a confirmation screen, just said id already reached the max qty to purchase. looked in orders and it had went through.
forgot to check first thing

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.