PS5

185,628 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
meatsweats said:

Here is a little hack you can use. This is all brickseek was doing with some scripting trickery.

1. Download the Walmart phone App
2. Open it and at the top Where it ays "Search online and stores", click the UPC bar code thing at the far right
3. it will open your camera to scan, but at the top there is a keyboard icon, click it to manually enter UPC
4. Enter the UPC for the item you want (see below for PS5 and XBOX)
5. At the top there are now two tabs, Walmart.com, and At Your Store, Click at Your Store
6. If any are in stock at your store, it will show up here.
7. Click Change to check surrounding areas.

Check when the stores are closed and if you see stock. Be there first thing in the morning when they open
Not sure how the lines are with PS5. I got an Xbox Series X this morning using the App. I was the 2nd one there.
By the time I checked out, there was 7 people in line.

PS5 digital
UPC: 711719541035

Xbox Series X
UPC: 889842640724

Xbox Series S
UPC: 889842651317
Thanks!!
goodAg80
AG
Any idea what disc version UPC is?

I think it is 711719541028
videoag98
AG
That's the right UPC for it. I didn't add it cause when I tried it Using the App it failed. I guess Walmart is not listing that one anymore. Probably due to all the chaos it's causing in stores.
Good Luck! Hope you can snag one
Phat32
AG
Mine says Limited Stock, but went this morning and they had already been emptied. Wonder how accurate the app is or if it only refreshes daily.
AgsWin2011
AG
PS Direct que up now
ORAggieFan
Heismenberg said:

PS Direct que up now
I've been in it almost 30 minutes but don't feel confident.
ChemAg15
AG
My wife says she got in the queue within a minute of it opening. We'll see if thats quick enough
ORAggieFan
Sold out. I had it as low as 17 minutes. My buddy was at 1 minute.
AgsWin2011
AG
I've never gotten closer than about 40 minutes. So ghey.
Phat32
AG
Walmart disabled the feature in the app to check stock already.
videoag98
AG
Wow. Both XBOX and PS5 UPCs are now filtered out of the Walmart app. That sucks. I just lucked out and used it last night on the last day it was active.

AgsWin2011
AG
Screw Walmart. You know those workers are hoarding them for friends and family and probably scalping them. I know they aren't technically allowed to buy them, but they can get people they know to come buy them.
goodAg80
AG
Heismenberg said:

Screw Walmart. You know those workers are hoarding them for friends and family and probably scalping them. I know they aren't technically allowed to buy them, but they can get people they know to come buy them.
I agree.
Tabasco
AG
Heismenberg said:

Yep. 100% agree. Plus that Oh Deer crap, they are dead to me
ORAggieFan
Walmart rumored to move everything to online order, in store pickup.
bangobango
AG
went to a walmart yesterday at 2 pm b/c a worker told me that they had a shipment coming in. An "off-duty" walmart worker got in line behind me and said that they were supposed to have 22 delivered.

Waited over an hour until somebody came out and said that there weren't any on the truck. Nobody left so i stuck around and then a manager came out and said that there weren't any on the truck. I left at that point, but everyone else stayed in line, saying that they didn't believe them, including the guy who works there.
tamusc
AG
bangobango said:

went to a walmart yesterday at 2 pm b/c a worker told me that they had a shipment coming in. An "off-duty" walmart worker got in line behind me and said that they were supposed to have 22 delivered.

Waited over an hour until somebody came out and said that there weren't any on the truck. Nobody left so i stuck around and then a manager came out and said that there weren't any on the truck. I left at that point, but everyone else stayed in line, saying that they didn't believe them, including the guy who works there.

They must have fallen off the truck....
goodAg80
AG
tamusc said:

bangobango said:

They must have fallen off the truck....
... and landed on Ebay.
Tabasco
AG
WTF is wrong with Walmart. They have been the worst through all of this.
goodAg80
AG
PS store is releasing more right now
Tabasco
AG
goodAg80 said:

PS store is releasing more right now
any idea when that happened? I signed in and it said registration closed. I clicked on hardware/consoles and it has me in the queue for the first time ever (with the dreaded more than one hour estimate)
Tabasco
AG
And to be clear, nobody here has been able to get one anywhere, right? All PS directs have failed. All walmarts had that stupid Oh Deer, etc
goodAg80
AG
Tabasco said:

And to be clear, nobody here has been able to get one anywhere, right? All PS directs have failed. All walmarts had that stupid Oh Deer, etc
OctoSHop alerted me at 2:03. SO I am sure I am too late since it probable opened up at 2p. I have over 1 hour wait still.

My guess is they close it after a certain number of people.
YNWA_AG
AG
I know someone that got it from PS direct queue
Not a Bot
AG
I made it to the store one time after a wait in the queue, but I had given up and the store session timed out because I walked away from the computer. This was before they sold out. I could have one in my hands right now. Even if it says there's a long wait I'm not walking away until the refresh says they are sold out.
goodAg80
AG
Wait time is 56 minutes now.
Ryan34
AG
My brother got one via the direct queue just now.
ORAggieFan
Out of stock for day, I was about 5 minutes out. My buddy got it today.
goodAg80
AG
Out of stock
goodAg80
AG
It's not much, but ebay prices have gone down to about $900. Let's see how desperate people get as we get closer to Christmas
degreedy
AG
I just do not understand how Sony & Microsoft both drastically shorted themselves on having enough supply for the holidays.

I've searched everywhere in multiple metropolitan areas and in multiple states and cannot find one of these anywhere.
agproducer
AG
This release had been the biggest cluster **** of all product launch cluster ****s. Walmart and other retailers were pillaged by bots. Walmart, instead of being upfront with people, had some stores selling consoles to walk-ins, others claiming sales were only online. When they realized they messed up, Walmart pulled the listing from Brick seek and even their own website. So, the consumer is ****ed even more.

Where the hell is Best Buy? Gamestop? Target? Their restocks have been few and far between.

I understand supply shortages, but when you have resellers touting to media outlets they secured 2,000+ units and made $1.5 million off of sales, then crying how they need to do this to make their mortgages, I have no sympathy.

The system is absolutely broken.

I've been working to get a Ps5 since launch, watching direct and twitter like a hawk. I have Octoshop and have been to sites seconds after getting the notifications only to have the sites overloaded or inventory gone. I'm sure you all have experienced this as well.

What a mess. What a disappointment.

Congrats to those who got through, but this is tiresome and dumb.

And there is nothing we can do as consumers but just take what they give us.
hph6203
AG
Maybe take a step back and realize it's not that important. Pretend like this is a beta and the real launch is in February and you won't care so much. Because it kind of is. People that have the system are dealing with errors and crashes you won't have to deal with.

This really is no different than previous console launches. It was nearly impossible to get a PS3, PS2 or Wii for months after they were launched.
degreedy
AG
kind of a different story if you are trying to buy for your kids in time for christmas as opposed to buying for yourself.
agproducer
AG
hph6203 said:

Maybe take a step back and realize it's not that important. Pretend like this is a beta and the real launch is in February and you won't care so much. Because it kind of is. People that have the system are dealing with errors and crashes you won't have to deal with.

This really is no different than previous console launches. It was nearly impossible to get a PS3, PS2 or Wii for months after they were launched.

I appreciate your sentiment, but this doesn't have anything to do with me realizing this is not that important. It's more of a commentary on how things are -- kind of like old man yells at cloud.

I shouldn't be so hopeful that retailers have their stuff together.

I remember the PS2 and PS3 launches. They were hard to get. I remember getting my old fat PS3 right before Christmas in 2006 just walking into a Best Buy. I lucked out.

This launch is just like other popular Christmas items, but the way retailers have handled it has been really, really poor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.