PS5

185,679 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

True, but I figure it might be the only way I get one. And from what I read its the only way Gamestop sells them.
Yea, until it is widely available people are going to keep hoarding them for re-sell. I think the bundle discourages some re-sellers because of the price and the fact you have to be a pro member.
FL_Ag1998
AG
ExPLK said:

Follow this guy on Twitter and turn on notifications. He will tweet a few minutes before they drop. Once you get the notification, go to the page using the links he provides and wait. Not sure how he knows but he always knows.

https://twitter.com/mattswider?s=21

Also, thanks for posting this guys twitter account. My kid will have an excellent Christmas in part b/c of your help.

He had an alert this morning about the Gamestop drop 8-9 hours before anybody else did. Definitely follow him if you're still in the market for one.
jrod2181
First world problem but finally was able to get a 2nd PS5 today through gamestop.

Now I don't have to schedule time to play MLB the show while wife plays Assassins Creed

CFTXAG10
AG
Live at 4:15pm

kyledr04
AG
Missed out on gamestop and sony today. I spent a while in the sony queue until it finally said sold out. Crazy
ExPLK
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

ExPLK said:

Follow this guy on Twitter and turn on notifications. He will tweet a few minutes before they drop. Once you get the notification, go to the page using the links he provides and wait. Not sure how he knows but he always knows.

https://twitter.com/mattswider?s=21

Also, thanks for posting this guys twitter account. My kid will have an excellent Christmas in part b/c of your help.

He had an alert this morning about the Gamestop drop 8-9 hours before anybody else did. Definitely follow him if you're still in the market for one.

Awesome! I'm so glad it worked out for you.

I was able to score 2 bundles from GameStop and one disc version from Sony yesterday. One of the individuals who asked me to get them a bundle backed out so I still have it available if anyone wants it. Not looking to profit off of it. Just hoping to to help someone out if they haven't been able to get their hands on one yet. Details of the bundle are below:

The bundle includes the digital version (non disc), PS5 3D wireless headset, PS Plus membership, $20 gift card to GameStop and 5850 madden points.

Bundle was $629.96
Tax was $51.97
3 day shipping was free
Total = $681.93
cruiserag2020
I'm interested!

cruiserhead2020@gmail.com
ExPLK
AG
cruiserag2020 said:

I'm interested!

cruiserhead2020@gmail.com

Cool. I'll shoot you a note.
dcaggie04
AG
kyledr04 said:

Missed out on gamestop and sony today. I spent a while in the sony queue until it finally said sold out. Crazy

The last 5 sony directs I've been in, I've had the queue countdown to under 5 minutes and then get the update that they were sold out. Yesterday's was only after 30 minutes in the queue.
ExPLK
AG
dcaggie04 said:

kyledr04 said:

The last 5 sony directs I've been in, I've had the queue countdown to under 5 minutes and then get the update that they were sold out. Yesterday's was only after 30 minutes in the queue.

It went fast for me yesterday. I was trying to get the digital version but when I got in, it was sold out so I switched to the disc version and it was still available. The digital versions seem to sell out faster so I have had better luck scoring the disc versions. If you are willing to spend the extra $100, that's likely an easier route to get one.
dcaggie04
AG
ExPLK said:

dcaggie04 said:

kyledr04 said:

It went fast for me yesterday. I was trying to get the digital version but when I got in, it was sold out so I switched to the disc version and it was still available. The digital versions seem to sell out faster so I have had better luck scoring the disc versions. If you are willing to spend the extra $100, that's likely an easier route to get one.

I had a window open for both. The disc version is the one I had the shorter queue on.
atmhockey
AG
With a 2TB external HD connected as well as a 2TB SSD installed (once new firmware is public as I am not in beta) I don't think my disc drive on my PS5 is going to get much use. I have slowly but surely collected digital versions of the PS4 games that I had on disc through PSN sales or PS+ monthly free game offers.

And I was one of the guys that wanted (still wants?) physical media.
Leeman
Struck out again on the Sony Direct sale. :-(
Claude!
Are Sony download speeds any better on the PS5 than they were on the PS4? Because they were dog**** on the PS4.
fig96
AG
Pausing and restarting the download often fixes that issue if you haven't tried it.
Chase McGuire
Downloads are way faster on my PS5 so far.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Leeman said:

You might not want a bundle, and that's all Gamestop sells, but going through them yesterday was easy and my wife and I both were able to grab one.
Leeman
FL_Ag1998 said:

Leeman said:

You might not want a bundle, and that's all Gamestop sells, but going through them yesterday was easy and my wife and I both were able to grab one.
You had to pay $15 to join their club ?
FL_Ag1998
AG
Leeman said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Leeman said:

Yep, $15 for an annual sub to their "Pro" membership. From my understanding the Pro members basically get to the front of the line and of course by the time non-members can get a chance the units are all gone.
ExPLK
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Leeman said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

Leeman said:

Yep, $15 for an annual sub to their "Pro" membership. From my understanding the Pro members basically get to the front of the line and of course by the time non-members can get a chance the units are all gone.

This. Basically you pay $15 to get one. The bundles aren't great but if you are nice to the guys at GameStop, I've heard you can ask to swap out games. Gotta find the right guy I suppose.
Leeman
Well, I signed up. Hope game included won't suck.
texsn95
AG
Are there any multiplayer shooters similar to Halo Reach on PS5?
atmhockey
AG
Never was a Halo player (just never had Xbox) but PS5 users are raving over the game Splitgate on PS5. It is basically a clone of Halo with Portal and COD elements sprinkled in.
YNWA_AG
AG
ExPLK
AG
PS restock right now.

Leeman
Already in the queue...doubt it will be any better than a few days ago.
Leeman
and there we go again.. estimated wait time more than an hour.....
FL_Ag1998
AG
From what I've read just hang in there and keep waiting. Because of other people giving up and dropping out, if you just stay on the better your chances get of grabbing one.

No joke.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Never played it on ps4 but just ordered the ps5 ghost of Tsushima that drops tomorrow. Heard good things so I'm excited
Leeman
Failed again....
dcaggie04
AG
PS Direct is absolute trash. Got to the time to go in and it bugged out and never let me in.
FL_Ag1998
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Never played it on ps4 but just ordered the ps5 ghost of Tsushima that drops tomorrow. Heard good things so I'm excited

Absolutely incredible and beautiful game, should have won GOTY.
XXXVII
I have my PS5 from last week's Best Buy drop in hand now. My friend who was still looking for a PS5 just snagged one from this PS direct drop.

Keep trying! I had all but given up earlier this year, but I'm glad I decided to start looking again.
Tabasco
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Absolutely incredible and beautiful game, should have won GOTY.
So is this game a Witcher 3 vib? Loved that game.
Chase McGuire
Think more Assassin's Creed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.