PS5

185,655 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
TexAgBolter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And they're gone....
CoppellAg93
AG
Out of stock at 4:07pm CST
AgsWin2011
AG
Made a trip to Walmart earlier and was sticky sweet to the workers. They were nice enough to let me know that there was 30+ in stock but they wouldn't sell it to me. I have the alarm set to get there around 4am. If there are less than 30 in line I will stick around. Hopefully it works out and I can delete the damn Twitter.
goodAg80
AG
Heismenberg said:

Made a trip to Walmart earlier and was sticky sweet to the workers. They were nice enough to let me know that there was 30+ in stock but they wouldn't sell it to me. I have the alarm set to get there around 4am. If there are less than 30 in line I will stick around. Hopefully it works out and I can delete the damn Twitter.
Good luck
Wheatables02
AG
Heismenberg said:

Where at brother?
agproducer
AG
I spoke with a Walmart store manager today about PS5 shipments. He told me that Walmart bought up a ton of PS5s before the release, so they have a ton of inventory. They are spacing out deliveries to the stores. He says they usually get in 20 units per shipment, and the shipments are intermittent.

The store manager at my the store I go to said they got them on the truck today at 2pm and they were unloading them. The manager said his store does not sell the the units the day they arrive. They sell the next day. He said several Walmarts are following that model. He said after today's shipment, he should get another one next Friday, and that will be the last one before Christmas.

I'd been working the folks in the electronics department to get the information for the last few days before speaking with the store manager today.

Like the poster above, in planning to get to the store super early. My Walmart isn't going to start selling until 7 am.
AgsWin2011
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Heismenberg said:

Where at brother?

I live in College Station but this is at the Bryan Walmart on 2818. I just got here and got a ticket. I'm 16 in line and there are said to be at least 30. If I don't get one at this point... I don't know what to say
AgsWin2011
AG
The 30th person just showed up. If you were planning on showing up to this location it's too late.
agproducer
AG
I'm number 22 in my line. I hope they have 30 here. The store manager said yesterday they would have at least 20, so I'm on the cusp.
AgsWin2011
AG
FINALLY secured one! Now I can stop worrying about the 1,000 Twitter notifications I get every day and turn them all off.
agproducer
AG
Heismenberg said:

FINALLY secured one! Now I can stop worrying about the 1,000 Twitter notifications I get every day and turn them all off.

Congrats. I wish this place handed out tickets. We are dealing g with people who acted as placeholders.
CAR96
AG
Agproducer.... which WalMart are you at? Spring Wooflands area?
agproducer
AG
CAR96 said:

Agproducer.... which WalMart are you at? Spring Wooflands area?
Copperfield. I missed the cut by 4 people.

Btw, I went to a second Walmart, and the manager said the chain is going back to selling all online. Several of the restock twitter accounts are saying the same. Once they are out of stock, your only shot will be on the web.
goodAg80
AG
PlayStation 5 Fan Catches Walmart Employees Trying to Buy Store's Entire PS5 Stock Before Customers (comicbook.com)
XXXVII
goodAg80 said:

PlayStation 5 Fan Catches Walmart Employees Trying to Buy Store's Entire PS5 Stock Before Customers (comicbook.com)

That website has AIDS
AgsWin2011
AG
So is rest mode fixed yet or naw?
CAR96
AG
Went to 5 area Wal Mart's today, none in stock. Said they already sold them....yesterday.

Said from now on, only sold online with in store pick up.
AgsWin2011
AG
They've done a horrible job with the next gen releases. I sat put them in the stores. No reason the China virus should force everything online for bots and scalpers.
Tabasco
AG
I use rest mode 100% of the time and have never had a issue. I do have a noticeable loud fan whirl tho
Saxsoon
AG
Tabasco said:

I use rest mode 100% of the time and have never had a issue. I do have a noticeable loud fan whirl tho
I get the loud fan at the beginning but whisper quiet after and I use rest mode.

This isn't the red ring of death
AgsWin2011
AG
Good to know. My PS5 is kinda loud when it first gets a game going but pretty quiet after that. Not as quiet as the Series X though.
goodAg80
AG
Heismenberg said:

Good to know. My PS5 is kinda loud when it first gets a game going but pretty quiet after that. Not as quiet as the Series X though.
I get it when I play movies too. Do you think it is the media drive or something else? It sounds like the drive to me.
unmade bed
Week late but lol

CoppellAg93
AG
Heismenberg said:

Same here. My son-in-law snagged one for me and one for himself (had a buddy with him) yesterday after getting a stock alert from GameStop. Will be shipped to my house as soon as this week.
Tabasco
AG
goodAg80 said:

Heismenberg said:

I get it when I pay movies too. Do you think it is the media drive or something else? It sounds like the drive to me.
I haven't used the disc drive yet. The whirl sound is during digital gameplay.
JobSecurity
AG

Wish they hadn't told the whole world but there is your next chance
goodAg80
AG
JobSecurity said:

Wish they hadn't told the whole world but there is your next chance
Thanks
bangobango
AG
Finally broke down and bought one off ebay. Guy ships it FedEx, signature required to accept delivery. FedEx delivers to the wrong address. No idea where it is now.

FML.
degreedy
AG
man that sucks... I'm sorry to hear that.
CAR96
AG
I have also read some information on twitter that when Best Buy goes live at 8am on Tuesday...they may actually not activate the 'add to cart' due to high traffic...so it may not 'work' directly at 8am but throughout the day.

Take with a grain of salty 2020.
Tabasco
AG
bangobango said:

Finally broke down and bought one off ebay. Guy ships it FedEx, signature required to accept delivery. FedEx delivers to the wrong address. No idea where it is now.

FML.
What the hell! Keep us updated.
DallasTeleAg
Wrong address, my ass. Seems like the FedEx driver wanted himself a PS5.
MW03
AG
bangobango said:

FML.
Are you in Texas? Sounds like Small Claims Court time...
agproducer
AG
FedEx should have a log of where it was delivered. I think they are pretty diligent in tracking their trucks.
bangobango
AG
agproducer said:

FedEx should have a log of where it was delivered. I think they are pretty diligent in tracking their trucks.

Well it's been over 24 hours since I've made the claim and they've not told me jack **** except that they are "investigating." I've been outside the last two hours and I've not seen a FedEx truck in the neighborhood. I would not have even heard from them except I've called them twice.

I'm about to blow them up in Twitter. I find that's the best way to get your problem to the front of the line these days....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.