PS5

185,615 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dick Winters said:

I just do not understand how Sony & Microsoft both drastically shorted themselves on having enough supply for the holidays.

I've searched everywhere in multiple metropolitan areas and in multiple states and cannot find one of these anywhere.
They were planning on huge launch production runs, way outpacing the launches of the PS4 and Xbox One.

There were rumors of unexpectedly low yields on the APUs, which is likely one of the very few parts that can't be alternatively sourced. Production is only as fast as the slowest portion.

Sony has created some crazy factories over the past few years, with one robotic-oriented plant in Japan producing a PS4 every 30 seconds. Every new product has a manufacturing learning curve, so it will be a while until PS5 gets to that point.
MW03
AG
I said it before and I'll say it again...the sneaker community has this figured out. LOOK TO THE SNEAKER COMMUNITY!
MW03
AG
Seriously, though.

You login, you add it to your cart. You complete your purchase. Your purchase ID is assigned to a raffle. If your number is selected, then your order is processed and completed. You get a confirmation email saying you've been charged. If you don't, you get an email telling you that you were unsuccessful.

Sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't. But the bots out there trying to load up to sell on Stockx are (largely) defeated.
Ryan34
AG
The inventory issues are likely due to issues predominantly out of Sony's and Microsoft's hands. Learning curve, COVID, etc. I seriously doubt they're intentionally selling less than could.

The purchasing/bot issues are another story. Those probably could be mostly solved if they really wanted to. But as long as they get paid, it pretty much doesn't matter whether the buyer is a bot or a person. The most egregiously bad sites aren't controlled by Sony or Microsoft either, so they have less control and can (rightfully) point the finger at the retailer like Walmart.
EastSideAg2002
I am not really interested in the PS5 right now even though I will get one (too big of backlog on PS4 still). Supply shortages arent really that bothersome. Its annoying, but that pretty typical of many new popular product launches. The thing I agree about that is annoying AF, is how none of these companies can seem to prevent or maybe even care about the botting. It feels like trying to buy a damn concert ticket; the only way to buy one is on the secondary market. For the most part, people also continue to pay these prices as well. I guess its free market at its best and worst.
Not a Bot
AG
Agreed. Walmart, Target, or whoever don't really care who is buying the product as long as the product is being sold. They make money regardless.

Why would they spend money developing anti-bot software and creating digital queues and lottery systems (along with the legal headaches involved with lottery-type systems) if they don't make a single ounce of extra money for doing so? It's a negative return business proposition. They teach that in MBA school as a 100% rejection.

Even if you can somehow quantify an increase in customer satisfaction in that way, it is still probably a net negative. The only way I think they can justify the cost of doing these sorts of adjustments is if they heavily promote it as a way to expand customer loyalty and hope for a future sales from the same people.

But are people really programmed to behave that way anymore? Does anyone really have loyalty to a particular store, or do they buy from whomever they feel like at the time?
fig96
AG
agproducer said:

hph6203 said:

Maybe take a step back and realize it's not that important. Pretend like this is a beta and the real launch is in February and you won't care so much. Because it kind of is. People that have the system are dealing with errors and crashes you won't have to deal with.

This really is no different than previous console launches. It was nearly impossible to get a PS3, PS2 or Wii for months after they were launched.

I appreciate your sentiment, but this doesn't have anything to do with me realizing this is not that important. It's more of a commentary on how things are -- kind of like old man yells at cloud.

I shouldn't be so hopeful that retailers have their stuff together.

I remember the PS2 and PS3 launches. They were hard to get. I remember getting my old fat PS3 right before Christmas in 2006 just walking into a Best Buy. I lucked out.

This launch is just like other popular Christmas items, but the way retailers have handled it has been really, really poor.
Camped out in front of a Best Buy and got a PS2 on day 1. When we got there we put our names on a list the guy at the front of the line had started, then in the morning people started getting there at like 7 and tried to go line up at the door and we were like haha no.

Ah to be young and freelancing again...
goodAg80
AG
Sony PlayStation 5 Gaming Console Bundle (costco.com) selling now

I don't have a membership so good luck to you guys.
Jackie Daytona
AG
app and website have already crashed
AgShaun00
AG
yep. no luck. out of stock
cr0wbar
AG
Yeah - I can't even sign it before it times out.
Jackie Daytona
AG
thanks for the heads up
ORAggieFan
Scored on Costco!
AgsWin2011
AG
Dammit! I wish Sam's would put some out. I have a Sam's membership. Don't have a Costco in my town.

Seems like Walmart, Costco, and the PS Direct Queue are the only ones putting them out lately.

Why haven't we seen anything from Best Buy, Amazon or Target? The Target drop the other day happened, but the ones near me never had any stock.
ORAggieFan
BB rumor soon. Maybe within the hour.
ORAggieFan
Not sure if mentioned, but follow @Wario64 with notifications on (all devices you can) and having all stores open and ready, with logins and CC loaded, will help.
Tabasco
AG
where was that BB rumor from?
AgsWin2011
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Not sure if mentioned, but follow @Wario64 with notifications on (all devices you can) and having all stores open and ready, with logins and CC loaded, will help.
I follow him and about 5 others that have actually been quicker than him. I have all my login saved to both my phone and laptop. Never gotten under 'more than an hour' wait on the PS5 queue.
CAR96
AG
Got in the Q almost immediately as it started...& nothing. How? Why? Such crap.
ChemAg15
AG
Is there a running list somewhere of Twitter accounts to follow?
ORAggieFan
CAR96 said:

Got in the Q almost immediately as it started...& nothing. How? Why? Such crap.

How much time did it say before it moved to over an hour?
nkc1981
AG
ChemAg15 said:

I only followed @Jake_Randall_YT and @PS5StockAlerts on twitter and between those two I got lucky and was able to get one at Target last week. Main thing is just getting lucky and keep trying for 15-30 minutes even after whichever site it is says sold out. I know for one of the Wal-Mart drops 2-3 weeks ago tons of people were getting them 30+ minutes after they went on sale. Constantly check on popfindr to see if any of the Targets around you show to haven gotten in inventory, and if they do you'll know theyll mostly like be released online soon.
Tabasco
AG
nkc1981 said:

ChemAg15 said:

I only followed @Jake_Randall_YT and @PS5StockAlerts on twitter and between those two I got lucky and was able to get one at Target last week. Main thing is just getting lucky and keep trying for 15-30 minutes even after whichever site it is says sold out. I know for one of the Wal-Mart drops 2-3 weeks ago tons of people were getting them 30+ minutes after they went on sale. Constantly check on popfindr to see if any of the Targets around you show to haven gotten in inventory, and if they do you'll know theyll mostly like be released online soon.
That's good intel right there. If anyone has any other info, drop it like that.
AgsWin2011
AG
It is good Intel. Unfortunately I've already been doing that and have been unlucky. I'm starting to feel like I'm in that movie The Truman Show and that the PS5 doesn't even exist. I've never even seen one in real life. I'm chasing something that doesn't exist! Lol
Tabasco
AG
Heismenberg said:

It is good Intel. Unfortunately I've already been doing that and have been unlucky. I'm starting to feel like I'm in that movie The Truman Show and that the PS5 doesn't even exist. I've never even seen one in real life. I'm chasing something that doesn't exist! Lol
appreciate the response. I have been logged in with my info since your post and have been refreshing every 5 min or so. Who knows. Good luck all.
ORAggieFan
Heismenberg said:

My buddy and I started trying about last Thursday and we've scored two (one each) since. One PSDirect, one Costco. Both due to the speed of @wario64. Have notifications enabled on multiple devices.

For Costco, do not go backwards on errors. Instead refresh.

You can join some discords on rumors, has helped for people on Target (we struckout with Target). They give you good hints for each. For Best Buy I've read don't refresh, wait for button. Be logged in. Have shipping and CC loaded.

Good luck all!
BigNastyNate
AG
I think Wario64 has gotten worn out from the PS5 hunt and seems hit or miss in the last week. Follow @spieltimes, @sitesupply, @PS5StockAlerts

A few tips:

Check Walmart everyday, in store, around 2. That's when they get their truck, and they can't say before they get the truck how many they will get... I think they really don't know until it opens and they log it.

PSDirect, they seem to open a queue only on weekdays, but it's been daily on tbt weekdays since last week. They seem to drop an hour earlier everyday. Today they dropped about 4:45, I'd refresh every 5 minutes starting about 3:30 tomorrow. Open in an incognito window.

Newegg is supposedly dropping next week.

I think you'll be able to score one if you stay diligent, Sony seems to have pushed a ton of new supply.

Tabasco
AG
for BB, what do you mean don't refresh... wait for button. I have a screen open on BB where I am logged in with my CC info, and can refresh on console page. No bueno? where else would you find the button?
ORAggieFan
Tabasco said:

for BB, what do you mean don't refresh... wait for button. I have a screen open on BB where I am logged in with my CC info, and can refresh on console page. No bueno? where else would you find the button?

I've read the button will just go from greeted out to green. Supposedly more instant than a refresh. I didn't score one on BB, just passing what I've read.
ChemAg15
AG
I'm sitting here camped out on the page when PSDirect opens up and it won't let me in. I get in on my phone and I'm waiting and then it kicks me out. I'm back in with over an hour wait. **** this.
Not a Bot
AG
I was literally just there at 3:33 for a random check and didn't get a queue at all. Maybe I need to clear cache.
ORAggieFan
Cactus Jack said:

I was literally just there at 3:33 for a random check and didn't get a queue at all. Maybe I need to clear cache.
That was way too late, it opened about 15 minutes before then.
CAR96
AG
Sitting in the QUE for the second day in a row....don't expect to get one because it's just too random.
CAR96
AG
What time did the que go active?
ORAggieFan
CAR96 said:

What time did the que go active?
About 3:17 CST I think.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.