PS5

185,670 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
ORAggieFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hph6203 said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/save-10-on-assassins-creed-valhalla-and-upgrade-for-free-on-ps5-or-xbox-series-x

My bad. I read his post hours before I responded and swore it said Madden! This is a one off for this game.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Been a long time since I have bought a console. At this point is it next to impossible to find one for the next few weeks or month? I keep refreshing tabs on Best Buy, Walmart, and Target but to no avail. Any tips?
Not a Bot
AG
There are some links on this thread to Twitter accounts that post instantly when stock is available online.

If this goes like other launches, which it seems to be, I would expect to be able to find scattered stock on shelves in February and pretty widely available on shelves without much trouble by early March.
evan_aggie
AG
Not even sure why people are rushing out to get a ps5 now. Most of the reviews I've read said the launch titles suck and the best is a remastered demon souls game.

Ok. Cool. Maybe I'll but when there are a dozen grade A games and not some subpar rushed junk. And I was one of the excited ones in 2019...
AggiEE
evan_aggie said:

Not even sure why people are rushing out to get a ps5 now. Most of the reviews I've read said the launch titles suck and the best is a remastered demon souls game.

Ok. Cool. Maybe I'll but when there are a dozen grade A games and not some subpar rushed junk. And I was one of the excited ones in 2019...

There's a lot of great games and cross gen titles that play well, the experience is just better on ps5.

That's cool if you want to wait but there's no lack of stuff to play

Had a ton of fun with demons souls, Astros playroom, Spider-Man (looks insane with ray tracing), assassins creed (60fps), and cyberpunk

I'm also considering nabbing immortals. In a few months there's also returnal and ratchet

Easily one of the best launch windows
hph6203
AG
Every game is more enjoyable to play because of the SSD.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Got notification that my ps5 through gamestop will be shipping out a week early. So I will be able to enjoy over the new years weekend
Phat32
AG
My entire experience on the Xbox is way better just due to speed/graphics/loading times already.
ChemAg15
AG
I'm enjoying assassin's creed Valhalla. First AC game I've played since the original.
Saxsoon
AG
hph6203 said:

Every game is more enjoyable to play because of the SSD.

Yuuuuuuup

Best $500 easily as well as the upgrades to older titles
Fenrir
Anybody run into issues with BC on PS4 titles? Just curious if there are any major titles that may have issues.
Bryan98
AG
I bought a PS3 just for Demon's Souls, a PS4 just for Bloodborne, and I'd buy a PS5 just for Demon's Souls Remastered.

But, Returnal also looks really cool.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
Chase McGuire
If there is any game worth buying a console for, it's Bloodborne.

Been playing Miles Morales a little. It's fun. A lot like the last game, but that's not a bad thing by any stretch.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Didn't get anywhere close to the start of that PS Direct queue
Guitarsoup
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Didn't get anywhere close to the start of that PS Direct queue
In before it went live on two computers.

Two Ls.
AgsWin2011
AG
GameStop has the Dualsense charging station in stock. Just ordered one. Unfortunately shipping isn't free but it was only $4. Glad I was finally able to find one. They've been just as hard to find as the console itself.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Apparently the gamestop ps5 pre-orders aren't supposed to ship until that date they initially gave (in my case jan 5th). That the system gave me a delivery date this week is supposed to be a bug.
bbattbq01
AG
Demons Souls looks so good. Makes me happy when I die over and over and over because I suck at from software games that I at least look that good doing it.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Set an alarm for 5am to try to get one from the Target drop, so of course they dropped them at 4am
PPAag06
AG
I set an alarm for 4 and they did not drop then. Went back to sleep around 4:07. Got up again at 5 to see they are sold out. Just can't win.
drwong
AG
I was up at 4, went to walk the dogs and missed it.
AgShaun00
AG
target has a ton of xbox in SA, no ps5.
Ag13
AG
Got my PS5 in from walmart order. The 4k HDR does not work on my tv. It says the TV is incompatible even though I have used other 4k HDR devices with no problem in various HDMI inputs (xfinity box, Roku, etc). The PS5 allows 2160 w/ no HDR and allows 1080 w/ HDR, but not 2160 w/ HDR.

It's a 2018 model E Vizio. From what I have found online, some of the newer Vizio's have somewhat of an easy fix but I can't get it to work on my "older" Vizio. Anyone run into this?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Didnt get anything from this Amazon drop either
Prime0882
AG
Got an order received from Amazon with no shipping date set yet but was projected as December 29 - January 3rd. We'll see if it actually happens!
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Nice!
jackie childs
my gamestop order originally scheduled for 1/5 delivery was delivered today.

i'll go back through the thread and look, but anybody tried any external storage devices yet?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
PS Direct Queue is open again
goodAg80
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

PS Direct Queue is open again
"Your estimated wait time is: a cold day in hell."
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Lol I got to like 5 minutes and then got the sold out message. I hate everything
goodAg80
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Lol I got to like 5 minutes and then got the sold out message. I hate everything
I got to 3 minutes.
Gomer95
AG
I received mine from Wal Mart today. Woohoo. It's pretty cool although most of my time has been spent downloading. Downloads are fast though and Astro's playroom is pretty entertaining. I need to get a USB drive for my old PS4 saves though.
CAR96
AG
Call of Duty Cold War for PS5. Which version should I get?
Max Power
AG
Bryan98 said:

I bought a PS3 just for Demon's Souls, a PS4 just for Bloodborne, and I'd buy a PS5 just for Demon's Souls Remastered.

But, Returnal also looks really cool.
I suck so bad at Bloodborne, first time I've given up on a game with minimal progress and hours of attempts since Tony Hawk. I've watched a lot of the Demon's Souls gameplay on youtube, it looks awesome, but I have to remind myself how bad I would be at it.

I'd mainly like to get a PS5 for Horizon Zero Dawn (my favorite game ever on PS4) and the new Gran Turismo. Or if it happens, The Last of Us Part 3. I'm currently playing part 2 and enjoying it, and I loved the first one, probably my second favorite game after HZD. I tried explaining to my wife how the game is so good HBO is going to do a series, and the team behind Chernobyl was making it. She just called me a nerd and walked out.
Tabasco
AG
Gomer95 said:

I received mine from Wal Mart today. Woohoo. It's pretty cool although most of my time has been spent downloading. Downloads are fast though and Astro's playroom is pretty entertaining. I need to get a USB drive for my old PS4 saves though.

During setup, it asked me if I wanted to move my PS4 saves over WiFi, which I did. Should still be able to do it in the menus somewhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.