PS5

185,578 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Tabasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just ordered 75" 4k tv to replace my 10yo Vizio 55". All set for Thursday.
jr15aggie
AG
Nice! What make/model did you get?

Since you are coming from an old TV, keep in mind Modern TVs benefit from extra setup. Specifically, most will have a "game mode" that you want to make sure you are running with the PS5. Sometimes gaming mode requires using a specific hdmi input so read your manual.

Rtings.com typically has really good setup guides for most TVs so give them a look.
Saxsoon
AG
Got the target preorder. Likely will not be here on Friday. So excited to jump to Destiny with an SSD
DallasTeleAg
I will be enjoying it on my 85" Q90!
jock1020
AG
I'm not the most tech savvy about TVs. I have a Samsung ru7100. Does this have stats that will be up to snuff with the PS5?
AgRN16
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

I will be enjoying it on my 85" Q90!

Dayum!!! Nice. I got the 75 q90T just for the PS5. Looks like i got one upped. Congrats sir.
tamusc
AG
jock1020 said:

I'm not the most tech savvy about TVs. I have a Samsung ru7100. Does this have stats that will be up to snuff with the PS5?

It appears you have Auto Low Latency mode, but not adaptive refresh rate or 120 Hz. So 4K at 60Hz is your ceiling that that TV.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/samsung_ru7100_2019.php
Tabasco
AG
jr15aggie said:

Nice! What make/model did you get?

Since you are coming from an old TV, keep in mind Modern TVs benefit from extra setup. Specifically, most will have a "game mode" that you want to make sure you are running with the PS5. Sometimes gaming mode requires using a specific hdmi input so read your manual.

Rtings.com typically has really good setup guides for most TVs so give them a look.
I just got a cheap TCL. Upgrading from a cheap Vizio. Yeah I am aware of game mode, but thanks for the heads up. I read the PS5 comes with hdmi 2.1 cable. Should I use that, or a regular HDMI cable since mine does not have 2.1?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-75-class-4-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-roku-tv/6319340.p?skuId=6319340
rangerdanger
AG
Anyone preorder from Wal Mart have tracking details yet? Mine just says preparing order still.
Jim01
AG
I'm a Target preorder and no updates to my order.. Seems like everyone who has contacted them is getting the same answer that they aren't shipping until release day, so won't arrive to 3-4 days after. Ugh! Hopefully that's not true but it's looking more and more likely.
Tabasco
AG
Jim01 said:

I'm a Target preorder and no updates to my order.. Seems like everyone who has contacted them is getting the same answer that they aren't shipping until release day, so won't arrive to 3-4 days after. Ugh! Hopefully that's not true but it's looking more and more likely.

That would suck and absolutely horrible planning if true. I would have a really hard time believing that. Almost like there business plan is slower and (sometimes) more expensive than amazon. At least Walmart is trying to go toe-to-toe with amazon. Let us know what happens. If you don't get it day one, I will cancel-culture Target in your honor.
Chase McGuire
Same here.
Ted Lasso
Jim01 said:

right there with ya, been checking my target acct way too often looking for an update
texsn95
AG
In my game room I have 2 plasmas, and my 54" gaming one is about 7 years old, but can do 1080p. With a PS5 how much would I be missing out on vs one of the newer spec TVs? Is there really a difference in next-gen graphics when comparing 1080p vs 4k ULTRA OLED or whatever is the rage these days?
hph6203
AG
Yes. It would be noticeable. More colors, higher resolution, more brightness variations. Whether or not it's worth it is a personal choice, but it would be easily noticeable.
Jim01
AG
We are in the middle of redoing our garage to turn it into a playroom/hang out for our kids. Going to move our current 55" Samsung (about 4-5 years old) into the garage and get a new TV for the living room.

I'm thinking 65". The way our living room is anything bigger would be too much I think.

Any recommendations? I've loved the Samsung, had zero issues with it. I'll be hunting BF deals of course.
DallasTeleAg
texsn95 said:

In my game room I have 2 plasmas, and my 54" gaming one is about 7 years old, but can do 1080p. With a PS5 how much would I be missing out on vs one of the newer spec TVs? Is there really a difference in next-gen graphics when comparing 1080p vs 4k ULTRA OLED or whatever is the rage these days?
It is not even close. I could never go back to 1080p gaming, after being on 4k for so long; not to mention the difference with HDR.

For example, I have Diablo 3 on my switch and PS4 Pro. The switch version looks like a completely different generation of game as the PS4 Pro version, in 4k.

What I'm now curious to see is the difference from 4k to 8k, once those TVs get more economical in a few years.
AgRN16
AG
Jim01 said:

We are in the middle of redoing our garage to turn it into a playroom/hang out for our kids. Going to move our current 55" Samsung (about 4-5 years old) into the garage and get a new TV for the living room.

I'm thinking 65". The way our living room is anything bigger would be too much I think.

Any recommendations? I've loved the Samsung, had zero issues with it. I'll be hunting BF deals of course.

I say go with the LG CX in 65 inch. If you have a very bright room, go Samsung Q90T 65 inch.
jr15aggie
AG
I got a Samsung Q80R earlier this year. Last years model... I believe the current equivalent is the Q90T. Excellent TV, especially for gaming. I think the 90T might do 4K / 120. Mine will do 120 hz but not at reduced resolution.

I considered OLEDs as well, but those are susceptible to burn in and I still have kids in the house that leave the xbox & TV on so I decided against that.
WES2006AG
AG
Getting an Xbox and not a Playstation but I upgraded my TV for the new console a few months ago. I went with the new 55" Vizio OLED (which is on a massive sale right now, of course outside of my return window) and have been happy with it so far. It has all of the next-gen gaming features but we will have to see if they actually work later today when I pickup the Xbox. There have been reports about all TV brands having some issues with the new 2.1 standard.

I know I am taking a risk with burn-in but the allure of the OLED was too much to pass up. There is a huge difference between picture quality on an OLED and any LCD TV I have ever come in contact with.
texsn95
AG
So is QLED not as good PQ as OLED, but better PQ than LCD?
hph6203
AG
QLED is mostly branding. It's an LED TV sold by Samsung. A LED TV will look better in a bright room than an OLED, but OLED is the top picture quality overall.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I have a serious issue with my LG OLED from 2019 where it glitches out and will only work again by unplugging and replugging the HDMI cords. It drives me up a wall.

On an internet search, a lot of others have this issue with no fix, and it's not just my model.

Yes the screen looks amazing but if it glitches out every few hours I'd rather have a base model Vizio.
Gomer95
AG
So when do we think a PS5 will be available IN A STORE for purchase? Maybe the middle of December? Or not until the new year?
Fenrir
If they don't have some ready for Christmas they ****ed up bad.
crowman2010
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I have a serious issue with my LG OLED from 2019 where it glitches out and will only work again by unplugging and replugging the HDMI cords. It drives me up a wall.

On an internet search, a lot of others have this issue with no fix, and it's not just my model.

Yes the screen looks amazing but if it glitches out every few hours I'd rather have a base model Vizio.
Its a 2019...no warranty left?
texsn95
AG
hph6203 said:

QLED is mostly branding. It's an LED TV sold by Samsung. A LED TV will look better in a bright room than an OLED, but OLED is the top picture quality overall.
Ok thanks, we still have Plasmas all around so aren't up to speed with the latest and greatest. Hell the other Panny plasma we use upstairs is from 2007!
TriumphForks
AG
I used to be a huge proponent of OLED but just had to get a new TV due to the "green blob" issue after about 2 years of moderate use. This issue is fairly widespread and is NOT burn-in related. I was actually at target the other day and saw that their display OLED had the green blob as well and I kind of chuckled to myself.

I called LG and asked for a repair since this is related to a design flaw and is not user error or burn in/image retention. They snubbed me so I ain't buying another one of their TVs regardless if the picture quality is superior. You should be able to get more than a couple years of use out of a $1500 TV. Buy at your own risk:
https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/6048/does-anybody-else-have-a-lg-oled-that-has-a-green-tint-down-the-middle-of-the-screen
https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/13467/terrible-green-blob-of-discoloration-on-tv-i-spent-over-1-500-on-less-than-2-years-old
https://www.avforums.com/threads/help-green-spot-in-middle-of-lg-oled.2154188/

I picked up a 65" Sony x900h over the weekend and I am extremely happy with it.
fig96
AG
Big fan of my 55" Sony 900E, the price/performance for that set is about as good as it gets.

Also just ordered a 43" TCL for the bedroom, insanely cheap for a set that rates pretty well.
Chase McGuire
Still haven't heard anything from Walmart, but the FedEx delivery manager says a shipping label has been created for my PS5. Shipping from Louisville to Houston. Estimated delivery is Thursday by end of day. We'll see.
chizadbot
AG
i have an account with FedEx and while looking for another package on the way i see they had put my ps5 in there as well for 11/12 delivery by 8pm. coming from Memphis.

here we go boys!
Tabasco
AG
couple of days ago, Amazon said due thurday by 8pm. Just looked and they changed it to thurday by 10pm.
DallasTeleAg
Same on my end.

Amazon is pissing me off. Last time I pre order from them. I should have kept my Gamestop preorder with all the extra stuff.
goodAg80
AG
What is the best strategy for Thursday?

I would like to order the $499 version and missed the pre-order windows. Any clues about when to get online?

It looks like I should avoid Amazon, but will try Target, Walmart, GameStop and BestBuy.
YNWA_AG
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.