PS5

185,604 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mine (amazon) got on a UPS truck this morning. here by 8:00 PM.
Tomdoss92
AG
mine (walmart) says on Fedex truck for delivery at 5:15 am.
Gomer95
AG
Old guy question lol. So I can continue with my PS4 game saves on a PS 5 right? I just have to upload the PS4 info to the cloud and then download it on the PS5? Anyone know?
texsn95
AG
canadiaggie said:

Anyone have any luck with the midnight orders?

For the life of me I can't understand why the retailers can't come up with some sort of workaround to beat the purchasing bots. I'm not a software person, I don't understand how one would go around doing that, but I imagine it's possible and not very difficult to do
We had one in our Sam's cart last night and it was removed before we could checkout, damnit!
sosolik
AG
canadiaggie said:

For the life of me I can't understand why the retailers can't come up with some sort of workaround to beat the purchasing bots. I'm not a software person, I don't understand how one would go around doing that, but I imagine it's possible and not very difficult to do

Luckily, I just picked up one from Best Buy. Sold out in minutes.
Chase McGuire
Mine was similar. It's in Houston. Just has to get to me now.
BaytownAg13
AG
Gomer95 said:

Old guy question lol. So I can continue with my PS4 game saves on a PS 5 right? I just have to upload the PS4 info to the cloud and then download it on the PS5? Anyone know?
This is exactly right. Also, to save space on your PS5 you might want to consider moving your PS4 to an external hard drive. The PS5 can play PS4 games from a hard drive, but you will not be able to play your PS5 games from an external HD. You can only store them there.
AgsWin2011
AG
sosolik said:

canadiaggie said:

Damn I just looked at Best Buy right before you posted this and nothing. What time did you order it?
rangerdanger
AG
I just got the dreaded "delay email" from Wal Mart. Sigh.
sosolik
AG
Heismenberg said:

sosolik said:

canadiaggie said:

Damn I just looked at Best Buy right before you posted this and nothing. What time did you order it?
I got lucky. Randomly refreshed Best Buy site and had option to add to cart at 8:20. Looks like it was sold out in 3 mins or so.
TriumphForks
AG
Can't believe I get to play this tonight!!

Not a Bot
AG
Walmart will allegedly have online ordering available at 11am CST. Going to be botted to death. Going to try anyway.
Not a Bot
AG
Just got on the Walmart site and it is going *very* slow. Did a mock checkout of something else to make sure my info was correct and stuck on swirling circle.
AgShaun00
AG
Cactus Jack said:

Walmart will allegedly have online ordering available at 11am CST. Going to be botted to death. Going to try anyway.
i got people trying to order for me. small chance
AgsWin2011
AG
I'll have multiple browsers open for walmart and begin F5ing at 10:59
AgRN16
AG
sosolik said:

canadiaggie said:

Me too!! Praise God!! Ready for instore pickup Tuesday the 17th!!
AggieHusker
AG
Costco bundle is live for anyone who has costco. Just managed to get one.
AgShaun00
AG
AggieHusker said:

Costco bundle is live for anyone who has costco. Just managed to get one.
can't check out
AggieHusker
AG
Keep at it. Took me several tries. First it wouldn't take the credit card security code, but after several tries if finally worked after I re-entered the card info from scratch.
Tabasco
AG
Gomer95 said:

This article tells you how to transfer data. Other good tips too for others.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/10_things_to_do_first_with_your_new_ps5
Tabasco
AG
Gomer95 said:

And here is other ways to transfer files, including cloud storage if you do PS+

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/how-to-transfer-ps4-saves-to-ps5
Gomer95
AG
Thanks!
Gomer95
AG
Can you guys recommend a good external hard drive for me to put my PS4 stuff on to use with the PS5?
Not a Bot
AG
Got into checkout at Walmart and then site crashed with "Oh Deer" error message.
Not a Bot
AG
Got back into the cart after staring at a swirling circle for 1.5 minutes and item no longer available.
fig96
AG
Same.
FatZilla
AG
same ***** add to cart, sit at spin, out of stock now after mins of refreshing
AggieKatie2
AG
Ditto
AgsWin2011
AG
Mine is still in the cart! COME ON!!!!
Tabasco
AG
Someone had success on walmart (i think) where they would keep refreshing after it disappeared and it eventually went through.
texsn95
AG
Same, FFS
atmhockey
AG
Had in cart at walmart and then when to check out....SOLD OUT.
Tabasco
AG
rangerdanger said:

Heismenberg said:

What do you guys think the odds are of being able to get one tomorrow for those of us who couldn't pre-order? Walmart will have some online tomorrow supposedly starting at 12pm ET. Going to be refreshing like crazy tomorrow. Any other retailers going to be worth trying?

I got mine from Wal Mart on the 2nd wave. My advice is try to get it in your cart and no matter what, keep trying to check out even if it says it's gone. I kept trying to push the transaction upwards of 15 times and it went through.
This is what i was thinking of.
cr0wbar
AG
So...it's safe to assume Walmart* had 6 PS5's for that 11 am round?
AgsWin2011
AG
EFFING LOST IT!!! Try again at 2pm....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.