PS5

185,688 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I keep hearing it's short so I googled and it say 8-10 hours??? Good lord. No wonder it was only $49.99. I'm giving it to my boys for Christmas.
FatZilla
AG
The keys are legit. I bought 3-4 a few weeks ago when it was under $30. Think mine expires in Dec 2027 lol.
https://slickdeals.net/f/14478014-1-year-sony-playstation-plus-membership-digital-delivery-29-29?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Just need the same deals for xbox, that expires this year for me.
Tabasco
AG
CD keys totally legit. Used them many times. Buy 2 or 3, they stack. Never pay $60, look for $28-32, happens all the time If you check www.slickdeals.net ... especially November
Bryan98
AG
Xbox only lets you sub for 3 years, so keep that in mind.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
Wheatables02
AG
Jim01 said:

Has anyone ever used CDKeys.com? I was looking to buy a 12 month PS Plus card and they have three really cheap. Google seems to say they are legit and it's PayPal checkout.

https://www.cdkeys.com/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code?__currency=usd&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5t_I-LiC7QIVO_bjBx2HCQr9EAQYASABEgJlzvD_BwE
Yes, I do it every year. Between $26-29 per year.
TriumphForks
AG
For those of you trying to or are interest in getting into Demon's Souls for PS5 I am working on a full walkthrough of the game on YouTube. I have gotten some good feedback so far so just wanted to share with you guys in case y'all are interested.

Post removed:
by user
Chase McGuire
https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/11/14/ps5-playstation-5-rest-mode-crash-bug-error-ce-108255-1/

PSA for everyone, my PS5 froze up when I started it up from rest mode yesterday. Seems to be a common issue right now. Recommend a full shutdown every time until they get it fixed. Good news is it boots up and loads into Demon's Souls so fast, I barely notice.
Tabasco
AG
TriumphForks said:

For those of you trying to or are interest in getting into Demon's Souls for PS5 I am working on a full walkthrough of the game on YouTube. I have gotten some good feedback so far so just wanted to share with you guys in case y'all are interested.

always been interested in this and bloodbourne because everyone raves about it, but I hate games where I die a lot and there is too much trial and error, so they are probably not for me.
BaytownAg13
AG
Chase McGuire said:

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/11/14/ps5-playstation-5-rest-mode-crash-bug-error-ce-108255-1/

PSA for everyone, my PS5 froze up when I started it up from rest mode yesterday. Seems to be a common issue right now. Recommend a full shutdown every time until they get it fixed. Good news is it boots up and loads into Demon's Souls so fast, I barely notice.

I've had this issue as well. I also had an issue where the PS5 struggled to start and when it finally did it had to rebuild my external storage. Apparently it is also advisable to not use an external storage until Sony releases a fix.
DallasTeleAg
Bloodborne is in my top 3 of the last generation and was my first soulsborne game. I had the same thoughts about them as you did until I played it. Now, I will buy any new soulsborne game and other games just seem easy in comparison.

There is a learning curve, but once you start to understand the flow of combat and how to play these types of games, you start to flow right through them. Some bosses will require many failures but it makes the victories so awesome.
Saxsoon
AG
Sony trying to get more PS5 out before and after Christmas
TriumphForks
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

Bloodborne is in my top 3 of the last generation and was my first soulsborne game. I had the same thoughts about them as you did until I played it. Now, I will buy any new soulsborne game and other games just seem easy in comparison.

There is a learning curve, but once you start to understand the flow of combat and how to play these types of games, you start to flow right through them. Some bosses will require many failures but it makes the victories so awesome.
this is 100% my experience as well.
Chase McGuire
Demon's Souls is absolutely incredible. So glad I waited for this remake to dive into this one.
Max Power
AG
So jealous of those who both have a PS5 and don't suck at souls games. I have Bloodborne and I suck at it, never made it past the first boss. I don't even get to play my PS4 these days, I've got a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 that I've had for 6 months still in the wrapper.
AgsWin2011
AG
Max Power said:

So jealous of those who both have a PS5 and don't suck at souls games. I have Bloodborne and I suck at it, never made it past the first boss. I don't even get to play my PS4 these days, I've got a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 that I've had for 6 months still in the wrapper.

You sound like me. Although I beat RDR2. I've never really been into the rpg games as I usually don't have time and they typically don't appeal to me. Wish they did but all the crafting, etc is usually too time consuming for my day to day life. Especially now that every time I turn on the console, my boys, 5 & 8 years old, immediately ask if they can play.
DallasTeleAg
For me, I just love the exploration aspect of the Soulsborne games. The environments, enemies, and bosses are always so fun to discover.

You just have to start playing them. I feel they get this reputation as being unbeatable games, but I am not the best gamer in the world (get trounced at FPSes, by my friends) and I beat them. Definitely will be nice with the quick load screens. I have to say, the biggest issue with Bloodborne is the 2 minutes you sit in a load screen, after death. But by the time you get past the cemetery, you should be clearing through the mobs easily enough.

I actually thought Bloodborne was the easiest out of the last 3, before Demon's Souls remake, though Dark Souls 3 was not too bad, outside of that damn dragon rider. Sekiro is probably the hardest (freaking Guardian Ape).

I want to play Demon's Souls, but currently playing through Valhalla and then will have Cyberpunk in December (hopefully). Probably won't get to Demon's Souls until mid next year.
YNWA_AG
AG
No more waiting 2 minutes on the ps5 on bloodbourne anymore
Bryan98
AG
Patience and discipline are more important to Souls games than fast twitch - although Bloodborne is definitely a departure.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
Jim01
AG
According to Wario64 the Playstation store has then in stock right now with a queue going.

MW03
AG
been in said queue for about 30 mins
AgsWin2011
AG
In the queue now. 8 minute wait... fingers crossed.
nkc1981
AG
Was in the queue for like 30 minutes, then directed me to the store and showed to be sold out.
MW03
AG
got to the front of the line annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd they're out of stock
AgsWin2011
AG
Mine says it's my turn and letting me in shortly. Still nothing. But since I see MW03's post, it appears I'm SOL again.
Tabasco
AG
Heismenberg said:

Mine says it's my turn and letting me in shortly. Still nothing. But since I see MW03's post, it appears I'm SOL again.

What ever happened? I have a friend that jumped in and said 1 min wait, but never redirected him
fig96
AG
Tabasco said:

Heismenberg said:

What ever happened? I have a friend that jumped in and said 1 min wait, but never redirected him
Got in around 9:45, it redirected to the store then all the consoles were sold out.
AgsWin2011
AG
Tabasco said:

Heismenberg said:

Same thing that appears to have happened to everyone else. Finally got in and it was out of stock.
Tabasco
AG
what a kick in the nuts
Saxsoon
AG
What the SSD did for Destiny load times is nothing short of incredible. To cold boot and choose character and get to the director is around 30-40 seconds, when it used to be minutes. Loading the character screen and locations is incredible.
XXXVII
Saxsoon said:

What the SSD did for Destiny load times is nothing short of incredible. To cold boot and choose character and get to the director is around 30-40 seconds, when it used to be minutes. Loading the character screen and locations is incredible.

Console gamers, welcome to 2010.
AggiEE
XXXVII said:

Saxsoon said:

I know this was tongue in cheek but the SSD combined with the I/O processing is pretty bleeding edge compared to what's available on the market for PCs in 2020
spieg12
AG
Saxsoon said:

Welcome to the future. Even having an SSD in the PS4 made a huge difference, as you saw loading in to activities lol. Now that Bungie has slimmed down the game the load times are about half of what they were even with a PS4.
Saxsoon
AG
spieg12 said:

Saxsoon said:

Welcome to the future. Even having an SSD in the PS4 made a huge difference, as you saw loading in to activities lol. Now that Bungie has slimmed down the game the load times are about half of what they were even with a PS4.
Yeah I don't think I ever quite grasped what it was doing for yall
XXXVII
AggiEE said:

XXXVII said:

Saxsoon said:

I know this was tongue in cheek but the SSD combined with the I/O processing is pretty bleeding edge compared to what's available on the market for PCs in 2020

For a least a couple of months.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.