PS5

185,643 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
Bryan98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Max Power said:

Bryan98 said:

I bought a PS3 just for Demon's Souls, a PS4 just for Bloodborne, and I'd buy a PS5 just for Demon's Souls Remastered.

But, Returnal also looks really cool.
I suck so bad at Bloodborne, first time I've given up on a game with minimal progress and hours of attempts since Tony Hawk. I've watched a lot of the Demon's Souls gameplay on youtube, it looks awesome, but I have to remind myself how bad I would be at it.

I don't want to waste any more of your money, but I will say that Bloodborne is sufficiently different from the Souls games proper that I had a very difficult time adapting to it at first, despite having beaten Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 2, and having platinumed Dark Souls 1.

So, being bad at BB doesn't equal bad at Demon's Souls, where you can do the traditional Souls thing of hiding behind a shield and playing extremely cautiously.

Also, you can always ring for help in Bloodborne and get another player to help out. I'd be willing to, if you decide to give it another shot. I just started the final "story" Chalice Dungeon last night, coincidentally.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
AgSportsFan89
AG
Well I got notification of my ps5 from gamestop (1/5 original date) delivering tomorrow through FedEx. So after thinking it would be next week, to this week, back to next week, it will be this week in fact. Its been an emotional week for me lol
TriumphForks
AG
Max Power said:

Bryan98 said:

I bought a PS3 just for Demon's Souls, a PS4 just for Bloodborne, and I'd buy a PS5 just for Demon's Souls Remastered.

But, Returnal also looks really cool.
I suck so bad at Bloodborne, first time I've given up on a game with minimal progress and hours of attempts since Tony Hawk. I've watched a lot of the Demon's Souls gameplay on youtube, it looks awesome, but I have to remind myself how bad I would be at it.
I am assuming you went in blind. Use a walkthrough to at least get you through the first area and help you get familiar with the game. I can point you to some good ones. You won't regret it.

For Bloodborne:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLYwUkuFe7zEbOs4hYF74OjUFsxDfSqs5
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsmrw646ObXFcdvwsorqH13yic61Ro5G

PS5 Demon's Souls:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfsmrw646ObWwJt3GOIVc3HrE_2xdcn01
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7RtZMiaOk8hjL7T3Dtv8BMLtVlzZWk0R
CoppellAg93
AG
jackie childs said:

my gamestop order originally scheduled for 1/5 delivery was delivered today.

i'll go back through the thread and look, but anybody tried any external storage devices yet?
Yes. I had a drive for my PS4 and plugged into the PS5 - worked with no issues.
hph6203
AG
Got a confirmation email from Best Buy for in store pickup, but I added it/submitted it an hour after they went live on Best Buy. Weird. Supposed to be next Wednesday, we'll see if it sticks.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Also got a confirmation from Best Buy for next Wednesday. Seems to have been a pretty sizeable drop
TexAgBolter
AG
No luck with BB for me.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
What games are people enjoying on the ps5? Now that I finally have one ordered I'm letting myself look at what games to pick up. Any recommendations?

AC: Valhalla, COD Cold War, Demons Souls, other..? I played through Spiderman on PS4 and may get Miles Morales, but any others?
Wheatables02
AG
I didn't have a ps4 pro so I'm going between cold war/warzone and ghost of tsushima for it's awesome story and graphics.

Also Astros playroom because it's free and fun.
ChemAg15
AG
I've been playing AC ffor a couple of weeks now. It's the first one I've played since the original so the game play has changed immensely since then. It's a blast.
Chase McGuire
Demon's Souls and Miles Morales were awesome. Playing Ghost of Tsushima now. Not sure how I feel about it. It's well done, but I'm not sure it does anything interesting as far as gameplay or mission structure. Gorgeous though.
AgSportsFan89
AG
I've been playing a bunch of NBA 2k21 and Miles Morales which I got in my bundle. Although one of the ps plus games last month was Bugsnax and is a pleasantly fun little game I've been playing with the kid.
jr15aggie
AG
Watch Dogs Legion is a great game on next gen (I played on the X). The ray tracing is a really nice & fun next gen feature and overall the graphics are top notch. Anytime you stop to admire all the details it's a definite leap forward.

Outdated character models is about the only complaint (Val Halla had the same problem). But the game runs extremely smooth and is just really fun to play. I think the 'good not great' reviews didn't do this game justice... easily one of the best times I had with a game in the past several months.
hph6203
AG
My plan is to screw around on Bloodborne since I started it previously, but suck at games. With the quicker load times I'm hoping it's less irritating.

Do that before I decide if I want to invest more into those kinds of games with Dark Souls.
Saxsoon
AG
13 Sentinels Aegis Rim is a PS4 game but really loving it. It is a 2d visual novel/ RTS game that is an incredible sci fi story.
CoppellAg93
AG
I'm still playing a lot of Destiny 2 - the speed of loading the transitions to planets, Tower, and events (Crucible, etc.) is lightning fast compared to the PS4, so that's a big plus.

I've also downloaded the free PS Plus games from December (TLOU, Bloodbourne, Just Cause 4, and Batman Arkham Knight). Played a bit of all of them so far.
ac04
played so far:

nba2k21 - took me a while to get the hang of it, now that i'm halfway competent it is really great. definitely recommend if you like sports games

miles morales - fantastic game all around

call of duty - so far its a lot like all other call of duty games i've played with better graphics. so its ok i guess. will be trading it in soon because i already completed the (short) campaign and i usually get smoked online

sackboy - got this one for my young kids and they absolutely love it so far
mavsfan4ever
AG
When does the new Final Fantasy come out for PS5?

I finally beat Final Fantasy X on my PS3 last year, after not playing it for a very very long time. I'm planning on getting a PS5 in the next couple of months (never got a PS4). Any other Final Fantasy games that have come out recently that I should definitely check out before getting into the new one?

I'm also looking forward to play NBA2k1. That and PGA2k1 will probably be the first two sports games I get.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Saxsoon said:

13 Sentinels Aegis Rim is a PS4 game but really loving it. It is a 2d visual novel/ RTS game that is an incredible sci fi story.
This looks interesting and in the same genre as Final Fantasy. I may check it out.
Chase McGuire
FF7 Remake was amazing.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Chase McGuire said:

FF7 Remake was amazing.

They remade a Fast & Furious sequel? Why?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Thanks for all the replies these help
Jim01
AG
I platinumed Astros World a couple nights ago. Now doing the second time around on Miles Morales in + mode so I can get some of the trophy's I'm missing.

My son just got Immortals: Fenyx Rising in the mail yesterday and started that. I think I'm going to start The Last Of Us though after platinuming (if that's a word) Mile Morales. I never had a PS4 so I'm looking forward to tackling the Playstation Plus collection.
Saxsoon
AG
Jim01 said:

I platinumed Astros World a couple nights ago. Now doing the second time around on Miles Morales in + mode so I can get some of the trophy's I'm missing.

My son just got Immortals: Fenyx Rising in the mail yesterday and started that. I think I'm going to start The Last Of Us though after platinuming (if that's a word) Mile Morales. I never had a PS4 so I'm looking forward to tackling the Playstation Plus collection.

That + collection is a hell of a value for new playstation owners
Fenrir
First last of us is an amazing experience. I play it at least once a year. You won't regret it one bit.
Chase McGuire
The second one is too. Internet hate be damned.
CAR96
AG
Am I seeing the price for The Last of Us PS4/PS5 version for $29.99 at Best Buy......but the PS4 version alone is $79.99.

What is the deal?

BTW, I have never played this game.
fig96
AG
There's not a PS5 remaster for that game I'm aware of, may just be PS5 compatible. $80 version might be a special edition?
hph6203
AG
It's the special edition, versus just the game. Get a book and a metal case and some other non-sense for $50!
Tabasco
AG
CAR96 said:

Am I seeing the price for The Last of Us PS4/PS5 version for $29.99 at Best Buy......but the PS4 version alone is $79.99.

What is the deal?

BTW, I have never played this game.

Pretty sure it is free on PS+

P.S. Play It!!!
Fenrir
Yes, it's part of the ps+ collection for ps5 users with plus.

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
inFAMOUS: Second Son
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn
aggieman00
I've been reading a lot about ps5s while I wait for mine to get here, and have read about a lot of issues people have run into using them.

Has anyone had major issues with their consoles?

For instance I've read that using rest mode can crash your ps5, that some games crash the console a lot while playing, and issues of not being able to connect to wifi and error codes that make you unable to access stuff.

Anyone getting any of this or others, or is this just stuff that rarely happens and I just seem to see it a lot because I've been doing research
nkc1981
AG
I think its safe to say these are issues that are affecting a tiny fraction of users, but its sort of like reviews of bad service at restaurants - most people dont run online to post that everything went like they hoped, so the bad stories stand out. Ive used rest mode every day since I got my ps5 over a month ago and never had an issue. The only weird thing Ive experienced is when playing God of War, anytime I would go in a specific spot in the map, the game would crash. But im also playing the original version of the game without updating, so Im assuming it more is an issue with that.
Tabasco
AG
I have not had any of those problems. The only one I have is a noticeable fan whirl that I can hear from 10 feet away.
Prime0882
AG
Hope most of y'all have no issues with your console. I just got mine on Thursday and the only thing I have noticed so far are issues with some of my PS4 DLCs for games like the FFVII Remake not showing up as downloadable on my PS5. I did try to restore licenses, but, that's not worked either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.