PS5

185,563 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
FDXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I'll sell you my PS4 for $50 and you pay shipping costs. Always willing to help another Ag.

Oh wow. I would be extremely interested as a second option if you were serious about selling. I'm sadly always a console generation behind due to finances, and I'm currently still trying to keep my PS3 alive. Hoping to eventually buy a PS4 from someone when they upgrade to the PS5.
Saxsoon
AG
Air shipping covered with the jet fan coming out of mine
Tabasco
AG
In for when PS5 preorders drop. I'm on the fence of digital bs drive (I much prefer digital games, but physical can be so much cheaper). Plus, if drive-based is $100 more, it would take a while to eat up that difference.
Jasomania
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

evan_aggie said:

I personally hate the Xbox naming. I never was a fan of the console and looking now without knowing the history...I'm like..wait, there is an S...and X...what is series One? One S? Series X S?

I think people underestimate how cool the PS5 controller is going to be. The haptic feedback seems like it could be a game changer.
I'd like them to do more with the PS5 Controller than they have with the PS4. They never really figured out what to do with the touch pad part of the controller for the PS4. A few launch games had functionality for it before they gave up on it entirely. I'd be nice if the PS5 actually incorporated it in some ways.

It is a minor feature but I think the microphone built into the controller is very smart and could be a game changer.
Claude!
I'm leaning towards the version with a physical drive if only due to how atrocious PlayStation downloads have been historically.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I think I'll be going for the physical drive one. I still have a bunch of ps4 hard copies of games and blu-ray movies.

Plus you can usually find physical copies on sale where they might be full price on the store. And you can access the PlayStation store digital sales.

Occasionally I will also trade in games that I know I will never touch again to get a semi-discount on a new game.
CFTXAG10
AG
hph6203
AG
At least it's not a green bubble loser!
FightinTexasAg15
AG

Fenrir
I feel like the timing for a Harry Potter RPG is odd. Game like that 10 years ago would have been one of the biggest release possible but don't feel like the IP holds the same status these days.
aggieman00
Idk man I'll buy a ps5 just for that game
FightinTexasAg15
AG

FightinTexasAg15
AG
$499 for disc, $399 for digital.

Out November 12th

CFTXAG10
AG
evan_aggie said:

They've already shown off some games and I think the price is likely to be $499 with Blu-ray and $399 for digital only.

Maybe they will do $369 and $469 or something last minute but I think they are already taking a loss on first gen iteration.
Fenrir
Pretty meh show for me. The GOW teaser was nice but it's just a teaser and I could see it slipping to 2022 easily. I can wait for more games to show up before upgrading looks like.
AgsWin2011
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Out November 12th

What a coincidence!
Saxsoon
AG
Fenrir said:

I feel like the timing for a Harry Potter RPG is odd. Game like that 10 years ago would have been one of the biggest release possible but don't feel like the IP holds the same status these days.
Not been to Universal Studios have you?

Though right now the IP is getting hit due to JK Rowlings comments on Trans people which is pushing people away from the franchise.
rbcs_2
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Out November 12th

$399 digital version and the disc version costs $100 more are they freaking nuts?
Chase McGuire
Holy **** Demon's Souls
canadiaggie
AG
rbcs_2 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Out November 12th

$399 digital version and the disc version costs $100 more are they freaking nuts?
I borrow two game discs from my friend and I've already made up the difference in cost.
dcaggie04
AG
I'm sure all of Europe is pissed that they have to wait an extra week.
fig96
AG
Saxsoon said:

Fenrir said:

Though right now the IP is getting hit due to JK Rowlings comments on Trans people which is pushing people away from the franchise.
Her latest book is also about a crossdressing serial killer who then kills women (or something along the those lines).
dcaggie04
AG
Yeah, but then you have to get up off the couch, walk over to the PS5, eject the current game, put the other game in, walk back to the couch, and sit down. That's a lot of time and effort.
rbcs_2
AG
canadiaggie said:

rbcs_2 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Out November 12th

I borrow two game discs from my friend and I've already made up the difference in cost.
Oh so you have friends...and money?

Just seems like a wasted opportunity to undercut MS but they might be losing a chunk already. I'm guessing they expect the disc version to sell a lot more than the digital version.
Fenrir
rbcs_2 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Out November 12th

They're probably fine either way. I imagine they are taking either a loss or just much smaller gains on the digital version, however, they probably get a significantly larger cut of the pie on each game sale from their storefront than physical sales.
Saxsoon
AG
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/playstation-5-launches-in-november-starting-at-399-for-ps5-digital-edition-and-499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/

Games will be 70. Miles Morales and shockingly Horizon are ps4 games as well, but the PS5 versions will still benefits from the SSD. Demons Souls and Miles are launch games
FightinTexasAg15
AG
hph6203
AG
rbcs_2 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Out November 12th

They get a larger cut for game sales (no retailer cut) and force you to buy only from their storefront, that's worth more than just the cost of a disc drive.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
canadiaggie
AG
dcaggie04 said:

Yeah, but then you have to get up off the couch, walk over to the PS5, eject the current game, put the other game in, walk back to the couch, and sit down. That's a lot of time and effort.
I might even lose weight
canadiaggie
AG
rbcs_2 said:

canadiaggie said:

rbcs_2 said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

Out November 12th

Oh so you have friends...and money?

Just seems like a wasted opportunity to undercut MS but they might be losing a chunk already. I'm guessing they expect the disc version to sell a lot more than the digital version.

I have friends WITH money, if that coutns
jock1020
AG
Who are the select retailers?
Tomdoss92
AG
walmart has them right now

https://t.co/AFjJIxuDoe?amp=1
https://t.co/LY63hzuS7c?amp=1

looks like the second one, digital, is sold out

and now both are apparently out
Chase McGuire
Got mine
YouBet
AG
fig96 said:

Saxsoon said:

Fenrir said:

Her latest book is also about a crossdressing serial killer who then kills women (or something along the those lines).
Silence of the Lambs. Nice.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.