PS5

185,598 Views | 1869 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Brock Sampson
ExPLK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Walmart always releases an initial batch of a few that go in seconds. Then 10 minutes later, they open the real batch. The batch only lasted a few minutes. The key with Walmart is to look at it on computer and when it goes online, pull it up on your phone (which goes live a few seconds later). Then click on the add to cart button. You will get a "sorry" message. Line up that sorry message with the add to cart button and keep tapping it until it goes into cart.

No luck this round. I've heard the GameStop ones are easier to snag because of the bundles. I've also heard if you are nice to the person working there, they will let you exchange the games for titles you want. Hopefully this is helpful.
SPullig
Best bet to get one is through GameStop. You have to be a Pro member ($20 a year I think). Yes, they sell them as a package but chances our you would buy the games anyway. I got mine a couple weeks ago this way. I got a disc version, extra controller, Spider-Man, Rachel and Clank, and a gift card for face value.

Also, I Recommend using Hot Stock app on your phone to know when drops come.
Leeman
I gave it a 5 minute try. Failed miserable. Oh well.
CFTXAG10
AG
I played the game on Walmart's website today for about 30 minutes. Never again.
Not a Bot
AG
Wish Sony would pull the plug on Walmart getting consoles until they fix the bot problem. Seems like they've been having the biggest problems.
ExPLK
AG
Yep. Best Buy and Game Stop seem to be best bets. Walmart is difficult.
XXXVII
Captain Positivity said:

Interesting context on supply versus demand issues with PS5. They've sold 10 million of them and over a shorter period of time than it took the PS4.

The demand for this console is insane. They are only barely behind the launch of the Wii in terms of console sales/day.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/07/putting-the-ps5s-10-million-sales-in-context/

10 million sold with only 1 million people actually playing them. The rest are with the flippers.
Gilligan
AG
I'd like to buy one. Play the latest Ratchet & Clank and beat all three levels and then let my adult sons fight over it.

I guess I will have to wait...
adamsbq06
AG
SO... I have a Series X and a PS5.... Since the show is now on XBOX I am really considering selling the PS5.

Someone talk me out of it.
YNWA_AG
AG
I have both but I have the ps5 for the exclusives. play 3rd party/gamepass on the x
adamsbq06
AG
Gamepass and the Show on XBOX are the main game changers.
CFTXAG10
AG
Wanted the disc version, but hit on a digital today through the BB re-stock. Just going to count my blessings I can finally play the damn thing.
FL_Ag1998
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Wanted the disc version, but hit on a digital today through the BB re-stock. Just going to count my blessings I can finally play the damn thing.

How the hell did you get it through BB? I tried it today too, managed to get it in my cart once but by the time I hit Checkout it was out of stock. Literally seconds after putting it in the cart. Bunch of crap. Is there a trick to it?
CFTXAG10
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

How the hell did you get it through BB? I tried it today too, managed to get it in my cart once but by the time I hit Checkout it was out of stock. Literally seconds after putting it in the cart. Bunch of crap. Is there a trick to it?

I did it all through the Best Buy app. At one point it said not available, but I just kept entering my zip code until it came back. Once I got to the actual final checkout page to hit place order it was cake but it was frustrating trying to get the stores to reload. Kept saying not available within 250 miles.
FL_Ag1998
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I did it all through the Best Buy app. At one point it said not available, but I just kept entering my zip code until it came back. Once I got to the actual final checkout page to hit place order it was cake but it was frustrating trying to get the stores to reload. Kept saying not available within 250 miles.

Yeah, pretty much my experience, except I went through the webpage. I'll get the app and try it through there next time. Thanks!
Tabasco
AG
Insane it is coming up in a year soon and it is still like catching a leprechaun
XXXVII
I seem to have gotten one through Best Buy today. I got a confirmation email, and when I check the order status it says "Preparing for Pickup" for some day next week. I guess they are shipping it to my local store. Is this typical for BB, or am I likely going to have my order canceled?
Wildmen06
AG
I managed to order one on walmart yesterday, says it will arrive 09/22.....we will see if it all actually happens
CFTXAG10
AG
XXXVII said:

I seem to have gotten one through Best Buy today. I got a confirmation email, and when I check the order status it says "Preparing for Pickup" for some day next week. I guess they are shipping it to my local store. Is this typical for BB, or am I likely going to have my order canceled?
All orders through BB yesterday were apparently store pickup only. Lots of folks were getting no inventory within 250 mile notices. Mine is set to be picked up Wednesday.
adamsbq06
AG
Walmart is pretty reliable. I got my Series X from Walmart on launch day.
XXXVII
CFTXAG10 said:

XXXVII said:

All orders through BB yesterday were apparently store pickup only. Lots of folks were getting no inventory within 250 mile notices. Mine is set to be picked up Wednesday.

Interesting. Mine is for pickup on Thursday. They must be waiting for shipments to arrive at the store if it's taking that long to be ready.
AgsWin2011
AG
AdamsBQ06 said:

Walmart is pretty reliable. I got my Series X from Walmart on launch day.
This. I was one of the lucky ones who had theirs delivered the weekend before launch.

As far as the PS5 goes, I was lucky to find some cool Walmart employees (last December before Christmas) who let me know they received 30 of them, but weren't releasing them until the next morning. Got there at 3:45am and was 16th in line.

Can't believe things are still so bad that you can't walk into any store and buy one. I'm ready for this crap to get back to normal already.
ExPLK
AG
I scored another one on BB this week for another friend. The waiting period is normal. Once your secure it and receive the confirmation email, they will ship it to your store for pickup which takes a few days. On both occasions previously, it has arrived a day sooner than the email said.

One tip is that the disc versions are easier to obtain as most folks are trying to score the digital version. If you are trying on Best Buy, have the webpage for the PS5 version you want pulled up and refresh until add to cart button appears. Once it does, click it. It will tell you to wait and you will see a loading symbol. Just be patient and ready. The button will turn to a yellow add to cart when it becomes available (usually within about 5 minutes or so). Click it and check out fast. It also helps if you are already logged into your BB account before going through the process to make the checkout go faster.

If anyone else wants one for cost (+ shipping if outside DFW area), let me know. I think I've gotten one for everyone I was trying to score one for at this point. Happy to keep trying for others.

Glad to hear that a few of you were able to get one this week.
cruiserag2020
I'd love one if you're able to snag one. A disc version is fine with me.

cruiserhead2020@gmail
kyledr04
AG
ExPLK said:

I scored another one on BB this week for another friend. The waiting period is normal. Once your secure it and receive the confirmation email, they will ship it to your store for pickup which takes a few days. On both occasions previously, it has arrived a day sooner than the email said.

One tip is that the disc versions are easier to obtain as most folks are trying to score the digital version. If you are trying on Best Buy, have the webpage for the PS5 version you want pulled up and refresh until add to cart button appears. Once it does, click it. It will tell you to wait and you will see a loading symbol. Just be patient and ready. The button will turn to a yellow add to cart when it becomes available (usually within about 5 minutes or so). Click it and check out fast. It also helps if you are already logged into your BB account before going through the process to make the checkout go faster.

If anyone else wants one for cost (+ shipping if outside DFW area), let me know. I think I've gotten one for everyone I was trying to score one for at this point. Happy to keep trying for others.

Glad to hear that a few of you were able to get one this week.

How do you know when to be looking? Are you checking often, on certain days, or by someone's Twitter?
ExPLK
AG
Follow this guy on Twitter and turn on notifications. He will tweet a few minutes before they drop. Once you get the notification, go to the page using the links he provides and wait. Not sure how he knows but he always knows.

https://twitter.com/mattswider?s=21
kyledr04
AG
Thanks
XXXVII
What headset do y'all like for the PS5?

I heard the SteelSeries Arctis 7p was decent. Are there better options around this price range ($100-$300) for PS5 gaming?
CAR96
AG
I have been really pleased with the Sony PS5 headset. Don't recall the actual name, but the one that released with the PS5.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I also use the Sony pulse 3D headset and like it a lot
atmhockey
AG
Im using the Sony Gold wireless headset that came out during PS4 era. Great headset. It's the v2 (2019 refresh in white) so it matches the PS5 kit well. In hindsight, I wonder when it was released if Sony already knew they were going to make the PS5 white.

3D audio works well but not sure if as good with the Pulse headset. But it makes playing Days Gone and Last of Us great and immersive as you get zombie/freaker growls from the 360 degree.
The Count of Monte Carlo
Shoot me an email.

j w t e x a g s @gmail.com
FL_Ag1998
AG
Just got one from Gamestop. Still live right now if you're a Pro member.
CFTXAG10
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Just got one from Gamestop. Still live right now if you're a Pro member.
Tempting. Makes me want to order the disc version bundle and sell my digital. But those bundle prices are crazy
FL_Ag1998
AG
True, but I figure it might be the only way I get one. And from what I read its the only way Gamestop sells them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.